Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good case for a HTC Desire?

• 11-05-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Been looking online for a case for my phone but all the silicon ones I can find while cheep cost a fortune in postage :(

Anyone got a good site to recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've seen some nice (faux?) leather ones on ebay. You'd get one for €10 including delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cormie wrote: »
    I'd been looking and didn't find any suitable but then I came across these on Ebay just recently, perhaps they are new:

$2.99 Delivered:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270568722242&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

$8.89 Delivered:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280497526681&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I got them both as I need good protection for mine and will be keeping the better one, they may be both the same, who knows, but for Less than €10 for 2, you can't really go wrong!

:)

I got one yesterday, I think the cheaper one and it fits it VERY well! Would highly recommend it for $3 delivered :D

The other one comes with a screen protector, will probably get it in a day or two I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I got one yesterday, I think the cheaper one and it fits it VERY well! Would highly recommend it for $3 delivered :D

The other one comes with a screen protector, will probably get it in a day or two I imagine.

Went for the one in the 2nd link as for 8 yoyo's its just a bargan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

I went for this - still haven't got it yet tho will let ye know how it works out :)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-desire-pull-case-po-s520-p24268.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I bought this pouch. Came to about 5euro delivered. I'm very happy with it. They only negative is that it dampens the notification sounds and vibration a bit but I havent missed a call yet. Its not amazing quality like I would imagine the official pouch is but for the price I could just buy another one in the future

Some pics
    113811.JPG

113812.JPG

113813.JPG

They only negative is that it dampens the notification sounds and vibration a bit but I havent missed a call yet.

Does anyone know if this is the same with the official HTC cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Does anyone know if this is the same with the official HTC cover?

I'd be surprised if it isnt tbh. If I was going to get another pouch I'd probably go for this one. From looking at the pics it seems to be easy to access and the speaker isnt as enclosed?

I never saw the attraction to pouches myself, having to take it out to answer the phone etc and then having to have two things to hold when you want to use it. As was said, it also muffles the sound too in some cases. Would you not go for one of the silicone ones above?

• Advertisement

I never saw the attraction to pouches myself, having to take it out to answer the phone etc and then having to have two things to hold when you want to use it. As was said, it also muffles the sound too in some cases. Would you not go for one of the silicone ones above?

I'd prefer to have the phone protected when I'm not using it.
    In my opinion the silicone ones are ugly and get in the way when I'm using the phone.

+1

Pouches work fine for mp3 players but would be major pain in the ass for a phone imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I'd be surprised if it isnt tbh. If I was going to get another pouch I'd probably go for this one. From looking at the pics it seems to be easy to access and the speaker isnt as enclosed?
    I picked up a similar one to this in the Vodafone shop last week. Pretty happy with it. Protects the phone and doesn't dampen any notification sounds.

I'd prefer to have the phone protected when I'm not using it.
    In my opinion the silicone ones are ugly and get in the way when I'm using the phone.

Not at all in my opinion :) The one I have is an absolute perfect fit and doesn't get in the way whatsoever. It gives anti slip instantly to the phone and has a good cushion too, the screen and everything else is still fully accessible and I haven't noticed any hindrance using the phone with the case on compared to having it off at all! You could give it a go for less than 3 euro anyway and see what you think :)

Just got delivery of the dearer case from my link above. IT's the EXACT same as the one for $3 but it comes with a screen protector which looks to be a good enough fit (says HTC G7 on the packet).

So it's $3 for case or $8 for case+protector basically. Both very good fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Anyone know of somewhere online where you can create your own personalized covers? Must be possible I'd imagine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

can't say I'd know now, but I've seen a site on the states do do it!

as per the desire, the chinese shop in parnell st ( dublin ) has jelly skins for it for a tenner, good if you don't like waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Anyone know of somewhere online where you can create your own personalized covers? Must be possible I'd imagine?

What about a Zagg skin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i got a zagg cover. They are brilliant.

A little tricky to put on but once its on you never have to worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Gelaskins do designed covers too http://www.gelaskins.com/index.php

They don't have the option to make custom ones for the desire yet though, or else I'm just blind and I can't find it. Not sure how well they'd stop scratches.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Gelaskins do designed covers too http://www.gelaskins.com/index.php

They don't have the option to make custom ones for the desire yet though, or else I'm just blind and I can't find it. Not sure how well they'd stop scratches.

They don't look like they offer much protection but damm some of those designs look sweet.

http://www.gelaskins.com/catalog.php?DeviceID=105&CategoryID=56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Ah I am blind. You can make custom desire covers. https://www.gelaskins.com/create.php

Maybe they added it to the list it the last 10 minutes.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know if any of the bricks and mortar stores are stocking screen covers or other types of covers for the Desire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the bricks and mortar stores are stocking screen covers or other types of covers for the Desire?

Chinese shops off hnery st the only place

All the main retail stores have said a good few weeks before they roll out, with it being a new phone

(According to O2 store malahide)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I put a Zagg shield on my desire and thought I'd post a few pic's for anyone thinking of getting one.
    It's very easy to apply compared to the iPhone version and now it comes with a small sponge in some fluid which makes it much easier to wipe off finger prints as you apply it.

eld1mg.jpgi5rw4n.jpg

Advertisement