Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodak 127 Film

• 11-05-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi folks!
    Looking for an "Expert Only" in the West and Northwest to develop these rolls.
    DSC_3645.JPG
    DSC_3648.JPG
    DSC_3649.JPG

Sorry about this but it has to be someone who knows what they are doing as the rolls were exposed some time in 1940 or 1950.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i think anywhere can dev these tbh. gunns will anyway for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ei1429

Not sure, i sent 4 of them away and only 2 were done, the two in the photo were not touched, they were sent from Mayo to Dub, and no explanation why they wee not done just a fee of €60 for the two that were done. The place in Dub that done them are well known to the Photographer World and have a good reputation, so i am looking for somewhere closer to the west coast where i cam go see them for myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Which process are they ? 40s/50s probably pre-date C-41 I guess. Is the CNs the process ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Which process are they ? 40s/50s probably pre-date C-41 I guess. Is the CNs the process ?

CN16 is compatible with C-41.. so anyplace with good chemistry can do it if the CN number is 16. If it's not CN-16.. I'd do some research on whether it's compatible. If not.. you could pick a roll & get it done.. or do a "snip test" where you cut off a section & get it developed to test if the process is compatible.

(Labs with Fuji chemistry & equipment would all be using CN16 process and not C-41.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

I once called Davitt's in Salthill to ask if they'd process 127 film & they didn't know what I was on about. Thought I meant 120. Mind you, I wasn't talking to the guy that runs the place so he might've been more helpful - it wasn't an encouraging response, though! I'd worry about the process being extinct too; from what I'd researched online before, the modern 127 films are all C41 & the issue with developing them is purely the width of the film. I find film services fairly poor in Galway at least, so I doubt anywhere in the Wesht would cater for anything pre-C41. (I'm in Dublin a lot, so I use Gunn's - I find the camera shops in Galway to either be rude or not knowing what I'm on about! You could try phoning Gunns - they might be able to give you some information even if they can't process it).

Did you try googling the process written on the film?

• Advertisement
Advertisement