Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wing Tattoo - yea or nay?

• 11-05-2010 7:41pm

Hello all. One of the concepts I've been toying with for a tattoo has been wings across my shoulder blades. Basically, black versions of these mechanical angel wings:
    http://lutsdoll.byus.net/zboard/data/test/wings.jpg (left one only)
    http://doll.luts.co.kr/doll-imgss/BORY-CR-20100302-3.jpg (bottom image only)
    (Yes I know it's on a doll)

What I'm looking for is your opinons on wing tattoos? When I Google them I get a ton of hits, which makes me wonder if it's too cliché. On the other hand there's a very significant reason why I want angel wings; the mechanical element is just because of my love of all things sci-fi. I won't be getting them any time soon because I haven't the money, but should I just abandon the idea or go for it?

Wing tattoos? 2 votes

Don't do it!
    0% 0 votes
    Go for it!
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

It's your body, put what you want on it. Don't worry about what others might say or think. If you like it go for it and if it's done well it'll speak for itself.

Though personally I do like wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Considering how many people have tattoos nowadays you're bound to find someone with the same style/ idea as you... doesn't mean it's cliche, I'd consider it more that people have the same taste as you... and so long as you like the design and feel you'd like it for the rest of your life then who cares about what others think, it's on your skin not theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Reminds me somewhat of the mechanical wing of Kalas from the game Baiten Kaitos...
    Kalas.jpg

As the others said, it's your body, it's your choice, and so long as you put enough time and thought into what you want done and who you get to do it, then to be honest it's doubtful that you'll ever regret it.

Advertisement