Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smell from phillipstown dump

Options
  • 11-05-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

the last few days the smell has been wicked , i live 2 miles away from it , how can they get away with this , its putrid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bmw3d

whelan1 wrote: »
    the last few days the smell has been wicked , i live 2 miles away from it , how can they get away with this , its putrid
    i live fairly close and the smell is unbelievable at times, as far as i know the council built the extension onto the school and built the astro turf pitch and gives x amount to the local commitee, to stop them complaining. very cheaply silenced if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm sure they'd consider any viable solutions you may have for reducing the odour.

Here's some info on landfills in Ireland - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/environment/waste-management-and-recycling/landfill_sites

Maybe get a committee together and press the council/EPA to undertake a review of the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

there is a committee already there , people silence is being bought with all weather football pitches and easy planning permissions... its not right.... the smell is rank

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

I dunno if it's in relation to this, I haven't a notion where Philipstown is, but there's an absolutely rancid smell in the Wheaton Hall, Brianstown Manor, Meadowview area the last few days.

phillipstown is between collon and dunleer;)

• Advertisement

god the smell is really bad today:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

contacting the epa is your best option

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

I drive thru there on the way to work every day...i think its got especially bad lately.

very bad yesterday too:mad:

Advertisement