Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave cook cabbage/broccoli

Options
  • 11-05-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi,

quick question, I'm staying in work late these days because i've college work to get out of the way so i'm wondering if I can microwave cook cabbage or broccoli because I dont think I can live on beans and toast for the rest of the week and can't afford to eat out.........!!!

Any replies greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Yes. Put them in a microwaveable container, plate, cereal bowl, whatever, add a sprinkle of water, cover with clingfilm and microwave. On 1000w maybe 4-5 minutes, check to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Microwave steamer bags are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Well I just cooked some broccoli in a bowl with a little water and cling film and they turned out wonderful.... Perhaps my long evenings studying after work wont seem so long afterall with good food like this!!! Brilliant!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes. Put them in a microwaveable container, plate, cereal bowl, whatever, add a sprinkle of water, cover with clingfilm and microwave. On 1000w maybe 4-5 minutes, check to see.
    When doing this I usually put the bowl in with water and a plate on top and heat it until boiling, then take it out and add in the food to be steamed. It is less prone to hot/cold spots on the items being heated this way, so you are less likely to get those dried out spots you can get on the likes of potatoes - it is more like real steaming.

Advertisement