Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protesters storm the Dail??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Shameful of RTE. Obviously, the summer holidays have started already in Montrose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

TBH If its true the people doing it are probabply the same as those who were in the riots few years back..no political agenda,just want to cause havoc

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

heard it on BBC Radio 4 - turned over to RTE but no word. It'll be funny if not true - funny if true too:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah Im sure this will...... Its (if true) an assault on democracy. No matter what party you support its still an assault.

Democracy having achieved its objectve..?

Not sure what you're saying here: that we should bend over backwards and let them have their way until the next general election, even though chances are the ****wits aroudn you will probably vote for more?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Sounds very exciting :rolleyes:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0511/dail.html

Gardaí say there was an earlier attempt by some members of the group to enter through the main gates but they were removed.

The gates have now been locked. No one was arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Sulmac wrote: »
    From RTÉ's website:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0511/dail.html

...not quite "storming" anything, really.

A storm in a TD Cup

Boom, boom!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Nothing on Sky News website either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Why terrorism?

This is an attack on our democracy. If not terrorism then this should be treated as a coup attempt and these savages must be punished. Whatever you think about the current government these people have no regard for democracy and freedom. They will only tolerate their own political beliefs.

EDIT:

Turns out it was nothing. Nothing to see here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

"Much Ado About Nothing !"

600+ protestors were outside Dail. Two dozen tried to pass barrier. Gardai pulled batons. 'Storming' is pushing it.

Just SKYNEWS in a FOX News panic !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Nothing to see here, move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

gone from ticker too,nothing on RTE...okay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sky are full of sh*te. They'd report a fart as a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just illustrates that the wolves are looking for a whiff of something.

Shows how the speculaters are looking for any sign of weakness in Ireland.

We must stand strong and QUIET!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pauleta wrote: »
    This is an attack on our democracy. If not terrorism then this should be treated as a coup attempt and these savages must be punished. Whatever you think about the current government these people have no regard for democracy and freedom. They will only tolerate their own political beliefs.

Judgeing be Mary Harney's banning of the head shops, the government itslef has no regard for freedom.

I'm not advoctaing violence here, but it's about time someone made their voice heard.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

squod wrote: »
    It's closed already. Who are they gonna protest at, the cleaners?

Think the cleaners were having a dirty protest actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

baldbear wrote: »
    Sky are full of sh*te. They'd report a fart as a bomb.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

This is an attack on our democracy. If not terrorism then this should be treated as a coup attempt and these savages must be punished. Whatever you think about the current government these people who have no regard for democracy and freedom. They will only tolerate their own political beliefs.
    Corrected you post!

I'd swear - they sound like Fianna Fail members the more I hear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

I have a feeling it might be sensationalist sky jargon, I doubt the dail was ''stormed'' its the dail, not the bastille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I think the country needs to go Greek.

Why not... the government have been fúcking us up the árse for years now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

I have a feeling it might be sensationalist sky jargon, I doubt the dail was ''stormed'' its the dail, not the bastille.

Sensationalist? Sky News? :eek:

I am shocked and appalled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

LOL at everyone taking Sky News as a serious media outlet that reports fact !

What I am surprise at though is the amount of retards around here who want to see a building belonging to the Irish people damaged or destroyed in some way or another, how stupid are you ? It's us that will have to pay for any damage to be repaired. It's the idiots inside that are the problem, not the building itself. Idiots.

Anyway, I'm off to storm my ****ter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Wait rte news just in

Ya it happened :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

This is an attack on our democracy. If not terrorism then this should be treated as a coup attempt and these savages must be punished.

Do we still have the death penaly for treason?
    Hanging's too good for them, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Wooooo-hoooooo, just been on rte news now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

UTV News have the story... and they're calling it a "storming"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Im quite looking forward to sky's round the clock coverage of this given their tendency for over kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭noelfirl

Whatever about Sky News overstating it (what's new?) I'm just glad the carrier pigeon made it to Montrose ok.

Advertisement