Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protesters storm the Dail??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Pity it was all exaggerated. Pity.

E2Vnw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

PK2008 wrote: »
    Lock it down boys!!

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL
    A Sky news reporter however still actually managed to verify the events in Dublin, give some basic details over to England (besides other news sites reporting same) and RTE couldn't even find a phone I'm guessing?

"Hey lads, I hear there is a bit of trouble at the Dail!"
    "Really?"
    "Yea, damn glad I picked up the phone for just 30 seconds to tell you - otherwise we'd look like complete slow fools!"
    Again biggins Im guessing RTE as our state broadcaster knew about it fairly quickly. You telling me that McCullough, Dowling, and Davin Power between them did not know about this.
    Again its better to go on air with the facts then to get an exclusive that is factually unsound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

LOL
    A Sky news reporter however still actually managed to verify the events in Dublin, give some basic details over to England (besides other news sites reporting same) and RTE couldn't even find a phone I'm guessing?

"Hey lads, I hear there is a bit of trouble at the Dail!"
    "Really?"
    "Yea, damn glad I picked up the phone for just 30 seconds to tell you - otherwise we'd look like complete slow fools!"

About the only sense in your post...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Just illustrates that the wolves are looking for a whiff of something.

Shows how the speculaters are looking for any sign of weakness in Ireland.

We must stand strong and QUIET!:D

Agreed. However, I do think the government should issue us all with free KY jelly and ball gags. It's the least they could do under the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

To be fair, RTE are reporting it a bit more seriously on their website now. 100 people tried to break through the gates, and there have been a number of injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I just cant be arsed anymore.

Its time to relinquish out sovereignty to the EU/UK. Fact is, we are a shower of filthy, feckless Micks who can only get drunk and kiss the Popes pedophile arse.

We thought we had made it big by selling property to each other but all that happened is that we were raped by international bankers/speculators (and a pile went to BMX/Mercedes). Now we and our children will have to pay off the debt.

Fúck it, i give up. No more d'internet/papers or TV (maybe TopGear re-runs on Dave) for a year or i will end up under the Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ still hasn't the story.

Breaking news indeed. Just not breaking very fast !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Sky obviously jumped the gun on this.
    That's what they do and why they are the "first for breaking news" - fück whether it's true or not, such matters are unimportant, as long as we got there first:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

eiresandra wrote: »
    To be fair, RTE are reporting it a bit more seriously on their website now. 100 people tried to break through the gates, and there have been a number of injuries.
    Where did the extra sixty fans (freudian slip there, that should read protestors) come from. Aonghus said forty protesters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Again biggins Im guessing RTE as our state broadcaster knew about it fairly quickly. You telling me that McCullough, Dowling, and Davin Power between them did not know about this.
    Again its better to go on air with the facts then to get an exclusive that is factually unsound.

Well Sky AND other sites reported some of the details RTE did, only a lot faster.
    Regardless of Sky, I'm sure the others too did ask a few verifying questions before phoning in to their news desk - and they still managed to beat RTE closer to home.
    Strange that but then its RTE for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Who was it; Peoples Front of profit before people, popular front of people before profit or the peoples popular front of people before profit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

rarnes1 wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ still hasn't the story.

Breaking news indeed. Just not breaking very fast !

Neither have The Irish Times, TV3 or a lot of other news organisations...

Anyone remember the life of brian sketch when peoples front of judea and judeans people front invaded the palace and they ended up killing each other. Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

fontanalis wrote: »
    Who was it; Peoples Front of profit before people, popular front of people before profit or the peoples popular front of people before profit

The People's front of Judea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

btard wrote: »
    Agreed. However, I do think the government should issue us all with free KY jelly and ball gags. It's the least they could do under the circumstances.
    I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the Iodine tablet.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The People's front of Judea.

Or Judean Peoples Front, splitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Well Sky AND other sites reported some of the details RTE did, only a lot faster.
    Regardless of Sky, I'm sure the others too did ask a few verifying questions before phoning in to their news desk - and they still managed to beat RTE closer to home.
    Strange that but then its RTE for you.

Or possibly having a better idea of what actually happened RTE decided it was not more important then main news item.

Sky on the other hand care only about sensationalism.

Personally I prefer RTE's approach.

fcuking scum. I was actually going to go in and protest against this protest but everyone i know advised me not to. I'm bloody glad I didn't.

To anyone applauding these people...you're an absolute fool if you think these people have any of your interests (or the country's) at heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

fontanalis wrote: »
    Or Judean Peoples Front, splitters.

DISSENTERS!!!

It was me!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Protesters stormed the Dail my arse, 'Hey let's run at the gates and if they're closed in our face? well boo hoo.' Do it right ye saps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Caoimhín wrote: »

Its time to relinquish out sovereignty to the EU/UK. Fact is, we are a shower of filthy, feckless Micks who can only get drunk and kiss the Popes pedophile arse.

Speak for yourself...

This maybe a once off so we can discount it. But how long more can FF and Greens continue to ignore the will of the people and put off an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fascist much? Those "****wits" have as much as a right to have a say as you do. They are entitled to vote how they choose.

"Fascist"..?! Well, makes a change from being branded a liberal, I suppose.

I never attacked people's entitlement to vote. I attacked their ability to vote in a way that might bring about change (espacially when they moan about lack thereof in the first place).

People are clearly unhappy. If they then vote the same way and remain unhappy and blame someone else, they are then, pardon mon Francais, ****wits.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Caoimhín wrote: »

Maybe you should change your username to Kevin whille you're at it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

hasta la victoria, siempre!,viva la revolucion...it just fits so well,the irish are so damn good at storming buildings! :rolleyes:

pmcmahon wrote: »
    hasta la victoria, siempre!,viva la revolucion...it just fits so well,the irish are so damn good at storming buildings! :rolleyes:

Off Licences on holy thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

E2Vnw.jpg[/QUOTE]

Grammar Fail.

Sums up the kind of people who want to blame/scapegoat the bankers/developers/rich people/whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Or possibly having a better idea of what actually happened RTE decided it was not more important then main news item.
    Sky on the other hand care only about sensationalism.
    Personally I prefer RTE's approach.
    All good points and if RTE decided to downgrade the story, that would be fair.
    Just one thing, RTE news reporter at 9.29 said "news just in..." - not exactly waiting for verification! "...just in..."

Anyway, moving on...

When do we get our own long overdue 3 by-elections and childrens referendum?

Advertisement