Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protesters storm the Dail??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/protesters-try-to-break-through-dail-gates-457296.html
    Protesters tried to break through the gates of the Dáil tonight during a march against Government plans to inject billions of euro into the country’s banks.

Dozens of people broke away from the march and ran at the gates of the Dáil’s main building, Leinster House.

They wrestled with Gardaí, who tried to force them back while attempting to secure the gate.

At least one man suffered a head injury during the scuffles, with organisers appealing for calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Sky News is sooo Tabloidish I thought we'd know that by now?:rolleyes:

''Storming the dail''?

Could we be any more gullible?

I dont agree with the protest, roaming outside the dail asking the government to change the financial crisis is a bit like forcing money to literally grow on a tree, its IMPOSSIBLE. we have to let the government and even help them pick up the pieces and mend the damage done.

Its like when I was a child, ''dad can I have money for sweets at the shop'' ''I have no money son'' ''YES YOU DO DAD I KNOWWWW YOU DO'' ''no I dont '' etc etc

its a childish protest.

I would hope that if this is ever attempted again that the gardai would have the manpower to smash the knackers.

Edit and I hope those FOOLS with their faces on the news are ARRESTED pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL 35 minutes after a British TV company reported it.
    Well done RTE! :rolleyes:
    It was more like "Ah jaysus lads, the internet caught wind of this. Can't keep it a secret anymore, Boss"

WTF do you expect from a Television and Radio Network thats an Owned Subsidiary of the State?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Onesimus wrote: »
    Its like when I was a child, ''dad can I have money for sweets at the shop'' ''I have no money son'' ''YES YOU DO DAD I KNOWWWW YOU DO'' ''no I dont '' etc etc

its a childish protest.
    but at least that child can claim his father is a pedophile constantly raping him and get a foster father who won't stick in a new big one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Koloman wrote: »
    Maybe you should change your username to Kevin whille you're at it!

Why would i?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I would hope that if this is ever attempted again that the gardai would have the manpower to smash the knackers.

Better start introducing wrestling classes down in templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Apparently there where a few éirígí flags at the march. Says it all really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Six-one spun it as being about 'government cut-backs'. I wonder who's pulling the strings at the newsdesk...

pmcmahon wrote: »
    but at least that child can claim his father is a pedophile constantly raping him and get a foster father who won't stick in a new big one

Let me guess, people like you have no friends? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Why would i?

Because it's the Irish bastardisation of an English name, not the other way round.

Let me guess, people like you have no friends? :rolleyes:
    i have plenty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Affront to democracy.

Not if the protesters are from Donegal South West, Dublin South or Waterford
    To anyone applauding these people...you're an absolute fool if you think these people have any of your interests (or the country's) at heart.
    That may indeed be the case

However youre a bigger fool if you think the (sometimes) inhabitants of the inside of said building do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Why would i?

One of your points was that we should give ourselves back to the UK so I thought that you might Anglicise your user-name to keep in with the spirit of your argument.

Apparently there where a few éirígí flags at the march. Says it all really!

I'm ignorant I do confess, but whats an eirigi flag? you mean sinn feiners?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Edit and I hope those FOOLS with their faces on the news are ARRESTED pronto.
    I wish the fools hanging around the Dail on a daily basis (at leat the part of the year they're not on holiday) would also be removed from the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

beans wrote: »
    Six-one spun it as being about 'government cut-backs'. I wonder who's pulling the strings at the newsdesk...
    The New World Order obviously. We should get onto Jim Corr for an independent adjudication.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm ignorant I do confess, but whats an eirigi flag? you mean sinn feiners?
    See: www.eirigi.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Good to see the protesters being held back.

If you want to protest about the current government, you do it in a democratic manner.

Trying to storm the dail, which has army and gardaí on duty, smart move?.. I think not.

Also, the protest seems to have been organized by the Right to Work Campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

One of your points was that we should give ourselves back to the UK so I thought that you might Anglicise your user-name to keep in with the spirit of your argument.

You can call me Tonto the Indian as long as i can make a living without being crippled by taxes give to gombeen men, banks and losing property speculators.

Oh and boy, i was on the Falls when you were in your daddys sack.
    Confab;
    Because it's the Irish bastardisation of an English name, not the other way round.

Nope; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caoimhin

• Advertisement

You can call me Tonto the Indian as long as i can make a living without being crippled by taxes give to gombeen men, banks and losing property speculators.
    ah but it makes ya proud to be irish doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Biggins wrote: »
    They seem like a respectable bunch of lads...

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I wish the fools hanging around the Dail on a daily basis (at leat the part of the year they're not on holiday) would also be removed from the premises.
    Well maybe you shouldn't support them on the Dole then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Statement by the Oireachtas
    A small scale protest took place outside the gates of the Houses of the Oireachtas building (the Irish Parliament) this evening. A small number of protestors attempted to gain access to the confines of Leinster House, however, contrary to media reports they did not gain entry to the Parliament buildings or its grounds but were stopped by the Gardai.

This incident in no way impinged on the business or workings of the Irish Parliament or government.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Smart move trying to storm the Dail when it is closed for the evening. Congrats to all the Einsteins involved in that shambles.

Honestly if you want something done right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the Iodine tablet.

The free suppositories?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

pmcmahon wrote: »
    ah but it makes ya proud to be irish doesn't it?

But seeing people contantly elect incaple, unqualifed morons and then seeingpeople acting like a pack of imbiciles ignoring reality doesn't make me proud to be irish.

TBH it was foolish to try and invade government buildings; which constitutes an attempt at an Overthrow. A large demonstration outside would have sufficed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

fcuking scum. I was actually going to go in and protest against this protest but everyone i know advised me not to. I'm bloody glad I didn't.
    Hold me back, lads! Hold me back!

• Advertisement

Its definitely nothing to laugh about though, I think its so sad to see so many of our own, behaving like such idiots and embarrassing themselves and the rest of us with them.

Advertisement