Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protesters storm the Dail??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I hope you'll all attend next weeks demonstration.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

What a wussy protest, I've seen more riots on a saturday night in templebar, just lob a few homemade grenades into the dail and we should get our ecomomy back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

[Vincent browne on the scene

The patron saint of hypocritical sophomoric wankwit Dublin 4 radicals was at a protest where hypocritical sophomoric wankwits storm a parliament. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

hinault wrote: »
    I hope you'll all attend next weeks demonstration.

The one against Vincent Browne's appalling programme? Count me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

dsmythy wrote: »
    Your alternative?
    A sound banking system, not a system where a bunch on cnuts print money & enjoy the fruits of everyone else's labour. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Whatever about the effectiveness of the protest, or the manner in which it was conducted, I don't get the stuff about "an affront to democracy" (surely a protest is democracy in its rawest form?), "coup d'état", "terrorism", "savages" (and just short statements, virtually no elaboration - classic "look at me!" kinda posting) - why? Because acting like a cranky auld right-winger goes against the grain here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Judging by TV3 footage, one middle aged hippy woman and a fat faced gowl got a slap for acting like children.
    I suppose, at least it got them out of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Good grief, I've seen a better shove at closing time for the bar. How the hell the a mere 4 or 5 guards manage to hold a group of 20 who had built a head of steam up back?

[tongue in cheek] I'm sure the RA have a few mortars left from their Downing Street days, any chance we can get a lend for an afternoon or so? [/tongue in cheek]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

The guy who was bleeding was on the ground a few minutes before wrestling with a Guard. He obviously went back for more. Now he'll claim to be innocent in tomorrows papers and try and claim compo.

We need this guy at the protests

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't get the stuff about "an affront to democracy" (surely a protest is democracy in its rawest form?), "coup d'état", "terrorism", "savages" - why? Because acting like a cranky auld right-winger goes against the grain?

They didn't have to do what they did to protest. Hence they get called idiots.

• Advertisement

They didn't have to do what they did to protest. Hence they get called idiots.
    Not included in the list of terms I was bemused by. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Didn't anyone tell the protesters the Dáil is empty after 3pm (except for the bar) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

A bloke bleeding about the head,.

That twat didnt even look irish, i reckon he was a Cuban agitator, no doubt sent here by Stalin to undermine our Zanu - FF Democracy.

Id have hit him even harder.

Time for valium and bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

ragg wrote: »
    Judging by TV3 footage, one middle aged hippy woman and a fat faced gowl got a slap for acting like children.
    I suppose, at least it got them out of the house
    Two people with more backbone than most internet warriors will ever have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just saw the protest:D, god almighty it was a comedy to be honest, a few Guards trying to push out a few protesters while one of the Guards trying to keep his hat on.
    I tell ye lads if there was a bigger protest tonight there is no doubt that they could of stormed the Dail, when can us Irish get our act together and do it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Mister men wrote: »

au contraire - I've just downloaded a form for the garda reserve, I just hope im allowed to get involved in the next one.

Mister men wrote: »
    Exactly. Rumour has it Boards was about to collapse under the strain of all the "Why aren't we rioting?" threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Will there be another protest in Dublin again next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

eiresandra wrote: »
    Whilst I don't necessarily agree with the protesters, its interesting that tv3 were on the ball, with not just a reporter, but Vincent browne on the scene.

Yeah and the irish times too..I think Fintan O'Tool was on the scene pretty quickly too.

Vincent Browne is not a regular reporter for TV3 news he's a "fellow traveller" of PFP, SWP et al ( the protest organisers ).

by fellow traveller I mean he probably shared a taxi back to the TV3 studio with his 3 panellists :)

nicegirl wrote: »

According to the organisers tonight, there will be a series of demonstration each tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Yes there will be protests each and every Tuesday for the next few weeks. Tonights coverage will help to spread the word and get people off their backsides which was the intention.

Sure, if you want to join in with the violent far-left then enjoy.

I would urge people to attend these demonstration if you can.

I am not a public sector employee.
    Nor am I a union member.

I want to demonstrate to show my opposition to the economic mismanagement of this country and the ill-conceived solution that is being imposed on the ordinary citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Yeah and the irish times too..I think Fintan O'Tool was on the scene pretty quickly too.

Vincent Browne is not a regular reporter for TV3 news he's a "fellow traveller" of PFP, SWP et al ( the protest organisers ).

by fellow traveller I mean he probably shared a taxi back to the TV3 studio with his 3 panellists :)

Did you actually bother listening to Fintan O'Toole; he spoke a lot of sense.
    Did you read any of his writings over the last number of years; he was one of the few who pointed out that we were on a fast-track to economic disaster.
    He and those like him were derided as 'begrudgers' by many.
    As far as i can make out he is, now, simply putting forth the opinion that we have to look for a different solution to this crisis; what we are doing now is not working and cannot work.
    Rather than have a proper debate, though, many people choose to deride those who put forth alternative solutions as being 'rabble rousers' or 'hippies' etc.

For larks I might join the protest and hand out Union Jacks.

"let's storm the Irish parliament, the dowl, old beans." my well disguised self will say and post it on the Internet.

Then sit back and watch the fun.

My money would be on the counter protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

hinault wrote: »
    I would urge people to attend these demonstration if you can.

I am not a public sector employee.
    Nor am I a union member.

I want to demonstrate to show my opposition to the economic mismanagement of this country and the ill-conceived solution that is being imposed on the ordinary citizen.

What would your alternative be exactly? The reason we're not in a worse state than Greece is now is because plans were put into action early.

Where were the protesters when times were good? Nobody seemed to give a shit what was happening then..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Sure, if you want to join in with the violent far-left then enjoy.

She simply enquired whether or not there was another protest next week.
    Still, if you want to keep jumping to conclusions about other users intentions via the use of moronic labels, then enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Ive great respect for the people there that actually attempted something rather than just stand around and moan like the majority of our population does.
    Fair play to them.
    Sickens me to see people give out about the protesters on here, probably the same people that give out about the government every other day.

ascanbe wrote: »
    She simply enquired wheter or not there was another protest next week.
    Still, if you want to keep jumping to conclusions about other users intentions via the use of moronic labels, then enjoy.

I look forward to no violence next Tuesday then. And for the SWP to be merely centre-left.

• Advertisement

As far as i can make out he is, now, simply putting forth the opinion that we have to look for a different solution to this crisis; what we are doing now is not working and cannot work.
    Rather than have a proper debate, though, many people choose to deride those who put forth alternative solutions as being 'rabble rousers' or 'hippies' etc.

Fintan o Toole and Vincent Browne were demanding that we spend more of our (frothy) GDP on public service pay etc. D mc Williams pointed out the froth.

If McWilliams , who also opposes Nama, is at a protest I will listen. The other two have nothing to contribute except hot air.

Advertisement