Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Trade-in Value

• 11-05-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere online that I can check the trade-in value of my games? or do I have to get off my áss and go to a shop myself? :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Doubt it as shops trade in values vary. You can stay on your áss and ring them though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

I think Gamesnash have a trade in form you fill out and they email you back telling you what they will give you for it but they won't give you cash, just credit to use on their site. Doesn't seem worth it when it comes to trading in games now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

You could ring Gamestop etc. if you have some games to trade and ask. But they'd prefer you bringing them to the store from my own experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think Gamesnash have a trade in form you fill out and they email you back telling you what they will give you for it but they won't give you cash, just credit to use on their site. Doesn't seem worth it when it comes to trading in games now

considering the price of their new games and the 2 times I sent the email off for quotes that were not acknowledged, I'll say give those amateur bedroom traders a miss :mad: even if they can quote a good price for trade in's they will make it back on the € of a new game;)

All these shops / guys will give u feck all for a used game and charge top $ when reselling it, best bet is adverts.ie if you can play a waiting game.

If pushed to trade it would be xtravision for me based on past trades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

xtra-vision :pac: no thanks, Iv already got some games up on adverts, I was just wondering if I could get a little more than some have offered.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

calex71 wrote: »
    considering the price of their new games and the 2 times I sent the email off for quotes that were not acknowledged, I'll say give those amateur bedroom traders a miss :mad: even if they can quote a good price for trade in's they will make it back on the € of a new game;)

All these shops / guys will give u feck all for a used game and charge top $ when reselling it, best bet is adverts.ie if you can play a waiting game.

If pushed to trade it would be xtravision for me based on past trades.

Hi calex71 - could you pm me and let me know when you sent your email / with your email address and I will look into that for you. Sometimes return emails end up filtered by anti spam software.

For what it's worth we don't trade out of a bedroom :D and we believe our resale prices for both pre owned and new games offers very good value.

@OP If you want to pm me the games you wanted a value on I can give you a guideline. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hi calex71 - could you pm me and let me know when you sent your email / with your email address and I will look into that for you. Sometimes return emails end up filtered by anti spam software.

For what it's worth we don't trade out of a bedroom :D and we believe our resale prices for both pre owned and new games offers very good value.

Sure i'll have a look in my sent mail Pat and pop you a PM , I was definitely being a touch harsh there with the comments :o

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Just for the public record we received one email from calex71s address at 5.00pm on the day in question and it was replied to the following day. This has been forwarded back to him to trace where it went to. :)

Edit: Update - this was narrowed down to a communication problem between our ISP's mail service and calex71s email provider.

Advertisement