Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard that Ryanair accepts and that works immediately

Options
  • 11-05-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

By immediately I mean tonight:)

I know I should have organised this months ago but never quite got around to it, so is there any card I can buy online that I can use straightaway?

Thanks

Loopy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I never used it but the Payzone Mastercard looks like can be bought in Online or shops. I have te entropay that gets posted from UK so will take about a week after you are approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Great thanks, was just looking at that one, will report back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

I tried this Last Wed night ( May 12th), still have got no confirmation e-mail to confirm transaction. So I just phoned them a few minutes ago, they confirmed my order gave me an Order No, but told me the "pack" I get first includes a Temporary card which I have to activate - However, I have to wait 7-10 working days for that to arrive. Then the permanent card has to come from GERMANY, so I could be a further 7 - 10 working days for that... Not what I had in mind when I signed up or the OP who wanted to book flights that night!!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

fcukhu wrote: »
    I tried this Last Wed night ( May 12th), still have got no confirmation e-mail to confirm transaction. So I just phoned them a few minutes ago, they confirmed my order gave me an Order No, but told me the "pack" I get first includes a Temporary card which I have to activate - However, I have to wait 7-10 working days for that to arrive. Then the permanent card has to come from GERMANY, so I could be a further 7 - 10 working days for that... Not what I had in mind when I signed up or the OP who wanted to book flights that night!!!!!:(

That is really crappy! We were dithering over the flights to still haven't booked but was going to get this, thanks for updating.

The impression given is if you buy online you will immediately get your temporary card. sorry to hear you got stung.

I just found this in the FAQ
    "To obtain your payzone worldwide money card pack from one of our agents, simply ask the agent for our card pack. The card pack is €6. Initially, no registration, ID or any documents are required. The agent will load your card with your chosen amount. At this stage you will be able to load up to €150 straightaway. To load any further funds you will need to register."

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

So there seems no advantage ordering on-line as I just have to wait nearly 2 weeks for a Temporary card that I can just walk into a shop, pick up & use straight away... seems odd. I think I will call them & cancel, then go & collect my card the old-fashioned way!!!

Sorry Michael O Leary, but Ryanair's just not going to catch me for those extra fees...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Suggestion:
    Go and have a look in Bargain Alerts, as opposed to requests.
    Search Ryanair there and there's a big long thread on the card you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Here's a list of prepaid Mastercard providers: link

Advertisement