Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France Squad - No Benz

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

And objectively Benzema is none of the above.

He's definitely a big name. Real Madrid spent tens of millions of euros on the guy. That doesn't mean that he's a great player, in fact I don't think he's all that good. You would expect him to make the squad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

He has picked a squad of yes men bar maybe Ribery and Henry, Nasri,Vieira and Benzema would all have no problems standing up to him and putting him right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Disgrace Henry is in that squad French FA should of banned him from the world cup its not like they really need him with the players they have.
    I personally wouldnt be too upset to see him shot by a mad african or get injured just before the World cup.
    Although he did single handedly got them to the world cup.:D ;)

Comments like this are why I will be proudly sporting a French jersey for the month of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I heard Domenech was recently spotted browsing the tv section in Curry's, method in his madness imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

IvySlayer wrote: »

Ribery and Govou are as much midfielders as they are forwards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Valbuena is also a midfielder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He has taken France to a World Cup final though..

It was more like Zidane took them to a World Cup final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

greendom wrote: »
    Ribery and Govou are as much midfielders as they are forwards.

There more forwards than they are midfielders though. Like Messi you wouldnt really call him a midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ribéry is definitely a midfielder, Govou not so much.

Advertisement