Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen: Davidius

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

What if everything you ever wanted CAME. IN. A. ROCKET-CAN?!
    GODBERRY: KING OF THE JUICE.
    How do you feel about the fact that Bus eireann have stopped buses goign direct from your town yo Dublin?
    I don't know what Bus Eireann are at. Them and their buses, always going to places.
    What will you dress up as next halloween?
    I spend almost every Hallowe'en as a ninja because I'm lazy, however I may try something different this time. I'm thinking I should definitely be Batman/Solid Snake/Regular David/Something boring. After all, it's the only time you get to play pretend without people thinking you're some sort of mental patient.

What's your favourite everyday insignificant thing?
    Watching small examples of physics at work. I could watch balls roll off tables for hours and hours. Not any more after that though because then I'd get bored and play Xbox or something.

If you were a superhero what would be your power?
    I'd love to be Captain Obvious, that or God. God's a superhero, yeah?

Most embarressing song that you love?
    I don't really have any. As far as I'm concerned, if I like it it must be factually good and everybody who disagrees is wrong. Factually wrong, no opinion about it says I.
    Jay P wrote: »
    Do you like girls?
    Yes, despite the fact that they're covered in cooties I find girls have this weird appeal to them. An appeal that's often round and bouncy.
    If so, which ones?
    'Cute' girls are my kind of thing tbh. I'm not good with descriptions, so you'll have to bear with that description. I don't necessarily mean "d'awwww" cute.[/serious answer] I also liek grls with bewbz lawl.

Do you have a phone?
    I do and all. Every odd year or so I use it to call somebody. It's a handy alarm clock except when it decides to not actually activate the alarm. I also use it instead of a watch. Sometimes I think I see it staring at me in my sleep.

Do you use a mirror?
    I stopped using mirrors ever since I started to get lost in my handsome reflection. Also because they're probably haunted.

Do you "get" haircuts?
    I go to the barbers and ask for a haircut. I don't know anything about hair cuts and what not so whatever way they **** it up will have to do. I wish they'd let me keep the trimmings, I could use them for DNA experiments somehow even though that's not how it works.
    I need more questions than deise_girl, just to show that using pink writing is bad and because I've nothing better to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

What was the last thing you giggled at?

Ever play a prank on someone? Like tying a policeman to the back of a bear and throwing them in a river?

If you could create your own superhero catchphrase what would it be?

Do you think that if you started writing in pink there would be more questions asked here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Do you think you're really funny?

Should we give you your own personal thread where you can post hilarious, if nonsensical, things?

What would you do if you were the dictator of the world?

Would it be a really bad idea to put you in charge of the world?

Who's your favourite actor/actress?

Who would win in a fight: you or jumpguy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

What music have you been listening to lately?

How awesome, on a scale of 1 to 10, is C&H?

Favourite foods?

Favourite chocolate?

Favourite crisps?

People who think that coke Zero tastes "exactly like Coke" need a good hard slap, yeah?

What do you like on TV? Do you watch TV?

What would you like to be good at (something that you're not already good at?)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Davidius wrote: »
    You continue to disappoint with your obsession with what'shisface. For shame.

Who now?
    Oh!

Do you mean JULIAN CASABLANCAS?

julian.png

tumblr_kzaswzev3H1qzun17o1_500.jpg

Julian-on-Conan-O-Brien-julian-casablancas-8887824-624-352.jpg

How can you NOT find him beautiful?

• Advertisement

Hotaru, I love you. If I could thank that post more than once, I would.

So Davidius...Jules Casablancas, yay or nay? :pac:

Davidius, how can you not find Julian Casablancas attractive? He's dreamy..

Also, seeing as Hotaru asked about herself: do you love me?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Hotaru wrote: »
    How can you NOT find him beautiful?
    well,he does have an iddy-bitty butthole on his chin to be fair.

Favourite programming language?
    Favourite Genre of Game?
    Favourite Game?
    To Game or not to Game?
    Have you ever hunted Game?
    Did I say Game too many times in this post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Apologies if any of these have been asked before, but I'm laaaaaaazy:

My usuals:

- Favourite meaning of \o/?
    - Do you like to dance (:P)? If not, whyever not?
    - What do you hate about society, and what do you like about it?

Others:

- Favourite Greek letter(s), and why?
    - Favourite old school sweets?
    - Favourite kind of doughnut?
    - Favourite proof/theorem in maths?
    - How much do you love stats? :pac:

More when I think of 'em, maybe. :D

Oh?
    Ok?

• Advertisement

I love you.
    I love me too! Aren't I just brilliant?

Do you love me?
    See this response:
    playpencrap.png
    i challenge you to be even more awes6me (thats awesome with a mothafcukin 6) than you are now. succeed or fail, biatch.
    saxtonhalesharks.jpg
    Saxton Hale is just one of my many alter-egos.
    Monzo wrote: »
    What was the last thing you giggled at?
    "Tits"

Ever play a prank on someone? Like tying a policeman to the back of a bear and throwing them in a river?
    One time I told somebody I murdered their whole family, emptied their bank account and destroyed all of their favourite possessions. They didn't even see the giant X on the floor with the piano on a rope hanging over it when they tried to attack me.

If you could create your own superhero catchphrase what would it be?
    I regularly yell "DAVID POWER" when I'm doing something heroic, which is most of the time.

Do you think that if you started writing in pink there would be more questions asked here?
    I think everybody else would start posting in pink because me doing it would make it cool. As for whether or not they're be more questions, I imagine there'd be variations of "Pink writing, what the fúck?"
    MavisDavis wrote: »
    Do you think you're really funny?
    Yes.

Should we give you your own personal thread where you can post hilarious, if nonsensical, things?
    Yes.

What would you do if you were the dictator of the world?
    Impose my will upon the foolish populous. I'd have my own cult of personality of course.
    joseph-stalin.jpg
    Look at old Joe here, sure he seems like the kind of fellow you'd like to hang around with. Play a game of basketball with, y'know?

Would it be a really bad idea to put you in charge of the world?
    Absolutely not. I'd say it'd be the best thing ever. There'd only be fairness and justice. No world wars, no famine, no people writing stupid emo songs about nothing.

Who's your favourite actor/actress?
    Frank Welker is the best voice-actor of all time tbbbqh. Regular actors are boring and should feel bad.

Who would win in a fight: you or jumpguy?
    Me obviously. Let's pretend jumpguy is Mario in Smash Bros. Well Snake is much better than Mario in Smash Bros.
    What music have you been listening to lately?
    Metal Gear Solid music. It mostly doesn't have singing.

How awesome, on a scale of 1 to 10, is C&H?

Favourite foods?
    Junk food and raw, recently killed steak.

Favourite chocolate?
    Yes.

Favourite crisps?
    Tayto.

People who think that coke Zero tastes "exactly like Coke" need a good hard slap, yeah?
    Anybody who thinks that is an enemy of the Irish Republic and should be treated as such.

What do you like on TV? Do you watch TV?
    Cartoons and sometimes documentaries. I do watch TV every odd day but I believe that almost all of the stuff on television can be summed up as pure bollox. So bad it'll make your head explode.

What would you like to be good at (something that you're not already good at?)
    Pretending to care about what other people talk about. That and sports. Though it does cause one to question "if Davidius isn't good at it, is it really worth doing?" The answer to that question is "No."

:)
    :|
    Will answer other questions soon. (Soon being measured in Valve Time)

Junk
    This thread used to be cool before that.
    Hotaru, I love you. If I could thank that post more than once, I would.

So Davidius...Jules Casablancas, yay or nay? :pac:
    I don't even know who the hell he it is.
    Davidius, how can you not find Julian Casablancas attractive? He's dreamy..
    Will somebody please kill it, IT SHOULD NOT BE.

Also, seeing as Hotaru asked about herself: do you love me?:D
    playpencrap.png
    well,he does have an iddy-bitty butthole on his chin to be fair.

Favourite programming language?
    I do not have much experience in the way of programming. I shall say C++ because it's the only real language I've ever half-assed attempted to learn.
    Favourite Genre of Game?
    ADVENTURE. Travelling across the lands, going into people's houses and beating the **** out of them finding out useless information about the person standing in the corner.
    Favourite Game?
    E.T. on the Atari 2600 obviously. Superman 64 for a close second.
    To Game or not to Game?
    I'm interpreting this as asking who my favourite class in TF2 is. Engineer for the win.
    Have you ever hunted Game?
    It's part of my morning routine. That's hunting game in the killing animals pointlessly sense. Assuming there's some sense where it means getting women, that's just part of my hourly routine.
    Did I say Game too many times in this post?
    You can never say 'game' too much, by the way you just lost it.
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    Apologies if any of these have been asked before, but I'm laaaaaaazy:

My usuals:

- Favourite meaning of \o/?
    As I've said before, it is definitely a decapitated head sitting between two legs after a horrible motor accident. Whether the legs belong to the decapitated person is left up to the imagination.
    - Do you like to dance (:P)? If not, whyever not?
    No, I am a dignified man of utmost seriousness. Dancing is for complete hooligans and people who like 'fun'.
    - What do you hate about society, and what do you like about it?
    I hate the fact that lots of people are dickheads, I like the fact that I technically count as being a member of society. It'd be lost without me.

Others:

- Favourite Greek letter(s), and why?
    Gamma just 'cause.
    - Favourite old school sweets?
    We didn't have them sweets back in my day, it was all fence breaking and vandalism. Ah the good old days of simple pleasures.
    - Favourite kind of doughnut?
    JFK.
    - Favourite proof/theorem in maths?
    Proof of infinite primes and a bag of chips.
    - How much do you love stats? :pac:
    -273.15 units, where 0 defines apathy.

More when I think of 'em, maybe. :D
    Oh?
    Ok?
    Yes.

To compensate for lack of funny, here's some 80s cartoon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ULg4RSy5Y
    Ask more before time runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Why do you make me so :mad:?

Unrequited love will do that to people!

Do you have any nicknames IRL?

Tell us about something embarrassing that's happened to you. Ah go on!

What's your favourite type of soup?

Describe your ideal day.

How much do you love us IRC folk? :D

What are you going to do with yourself for the summer holidays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Snake was never meant to be in Smash Brothers. It's just wrong! :mad:

Because you love me really.
    Unrequited love will do that to people!

Do you have any nicknames IRL?
    Yes. Davidius. Now you all know the origin of one of the best usernames ever. Everything you'll learn beyond this point just won't live up to this revelation.

Tell us about something embarrassing that's happened to you. Ah go on!
    My chair collapsed underneath me when I was eating breakfast and one time my voice cracked during a roll call. Those situations would normally be considered embarrassing for others but not I, for I am too David-like to be embarrassed.

What's your favourite type of soup?
    Chicken and a bunch of vegetables that aren't mushrooms. I feckin' hate mushrooms, I don't see what Mario sees in them aside from the obvious psychoactive effect that makes him believe himself to be invincible or that he has the ability to fly.

Describe your ideal day.
    Bringing justice and order to the world. Also it'd have to be sunny and I'd prefer not to have to do anything.

How much do you love us IRC folk? :D

What are you going to do with yourself for the summer holidays?
    I have a whole summer to think about the answer to that question.
    jumpguy wrote: »
    Snake was never meant to be in Smash Brothers. It's just wrong! :mad:

You know it's great.
    We must hurry, time is short.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Are you actually a extremely competitive, driven person who only pretends to like lounging around the place taking it easy? I have my suspicions...

Do you laugh at toilet humour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

What is love?

What makes the world turn?

you're least favourite thing in the universe?

Favourite comic book hero/villain?

what comic/game would you like to see made into a movie next?

Do you think game->movie conversions work well?

if you had to quantify my awesomeness vs my nerdiness,how would you calculate this mathematically?
    What would the percentage of each be?

Proof by induction is bull****. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The superior moustache: Hitler's or Stalin's?

If you're such a hero, why aren't you able to grow a beard? :D

Do you think handlebar moustaches are acceptable or completely shít?

If you had the ability to grow one would you consider growing a magnificent Pygmalion-esque whopper of a beard or just keep it at stubble length?

Did all this talk of beards make you feel sad? :P

Do you know who Solid Snake is based on?

Would you cut off one of your toes if some (wealthy) sadist offered you €10,000 to do so?

Favourite comedian?
    Favourite accent?
    Favourite username?
    Favourite book?

Ever look at the sky in a poetic kind of way?

• Advertisement

Are you actually a extremely competitive, driven person who only pretends to like lounging around the place taking it easy? I have my suspicions...
    Absolutely, anything that makes me sound better than I am.

Do you laugh at toilet humour?
    If you don't laugh at toilet humour then you have no soul. Having no soul makes you a monster. I would thus never to talk to somebody who doesn't appreciate toilet humour as I refuse to converse with a monster.
    What is love?
    I'm supposed to say something like "Baby don't hurt me" here but given that I live under a rock and have thus never heard of that song, I wouldn't know to respond with that. Obviously I'm forced to answer with "love is a series of chemical reactions etc."

What makes the world turn?
    I don't know any astro-physics but I imagine it's got to do with initial conditions and all that.

In fact wikipedia says:
    It is theorized that Earth formed as part of the birth of the Solar System: what eventually became the solar system initially existed as a large, rotating cloud of dust, rocks, and gas. It was composed of hydrogen and helium produced in the Big Bang, as well as heavier elements ejected by supernovas. As this interstellar dust is inhomogeneous, any asymmetry during gravitational accretion results in the angular momentum of the eventual planet.[17] The current rotation period of the Earth is the result of this initial rotation and other factors, including tidal friction and the hypothetical impact of Theia.

you're least favourite thing in the universe?
    I'd have to go with anything that involves feelings or is made of a crappy substitute for real food.

Favourite comic book hero/villain?
    Favourite villain is the Joker, favourite hero is myself. I'm surprised they haven't made a bad gritty reboot film about my origins yet.

what comic/game would you like to see made into a movie next?
    Making video games into films is a horrible horrible practice and I hope you feel bad for reminding me that it happens. Comics? THE FLASH, FASTEST MAN ALIVE.
    "Maybe that's why you can't get a date"
    "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

Do you think game->movie conversions work well?
    vader-nooooo.jpg

if you had to quantify my awesomeness vs my nerdiness,how would you calculate this mathematically?
    [LaTeX]\frac{Your Awesomeness}{Your Nerdiness} = 0[/LaTeX]
    Zing!

What would the percentage of each be?
    Well we have your nerdiness != 0, that's all we know about that.
    Zing++ Oh ho ho
    Proof by induction is bull****. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
    Proof by induction is so versatile and brilliant, it really is beautiful when you discover inequalities and such that make your proofs fit right into it. One of the greatest things ever.
    Monzo wrote: »
    The superior moustache: Hitler's or Stalin's?
    Stalin. A real bastard's moustache, one you could be proud of.

If you're such a hero, why aren't you able to grow a beard? :D
    Shut up Monzo, you're always shut up. :(

Do you think handlebar moustaches are acceptable or completely shít?
    This completely depends on whether or not you have access to a time machine that can reliably travel to t ∈ (-∞, T) where T is the present time.

If you had the ability to grow one would you consider growing a magnificent Pygmalion-esque whopper of a beard or just keep it at stubble length?
    I'd grow the Pygmalion beard just because I could. After that got old I'd keep the stubble all the time just so I could rub my chin and feign intelligence to woo the ladies.

Did all this talk of beards make you feel sad? :P
    :(

Do you know who Solid Snake is based on?
    Snakeprison.jpg
    At least partially if I can remember, he even looks like a young Big Boss.

Would you cut off one of your toes if some (wealthy) sadist offered you €10,000 to do so?
    I do not value money enough to mutilate myself. I wouldn't even get a piercing if you paid me because I have dignity and a harem of attractive women. Don't bother looking for it though because it's really hard to find but it's definitely real.

How much would cutting your toe off set you back in terms of surgery anyway?

Favourite comedian?
    Not Ricky Gervais because he's not funny at all.
    Favourite accent?
    Cork can be quite pleasant.
    Favourite username?
    Davidius.
    Favourite book?
    reading is 4 nerdz

Ever look at the sky in a poetic kind of way?
    If by poetic you mean "****ing clouds and light pollution, I want to look at all them space objects and follow their trajectories" then yes. All the time
    TIME IS RUNNING OUT, PRESS THE GOD DAMN BUTTON SOLDIER.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Davidius wrote: »
    TIME IS RUNNING OUT, PRESS THE GOD DAMN BUTTON SOLDIER.

Done :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement