Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old hardware

Options
  • 11-05-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi all i have a old kr7a raid motherboard setup, that i want to refurbush and give to my neices to destroy :) and i need to get a new 20 pin psu for it does anyone now any online stores or retail stores around dublin that carry old stock? Thanks in advance (i posted this in the retailers sticky thread but it seems like a quiet one, so i posted out here as well. appologies if that against the rules)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup, double-posting = bad and you shouldn't make that kind of request in the Retailers thread anyway :o

So its somewhat ironic that you got an answer there first! :rolleyes::D

I'll leave this thread open though in case you need more help with that rig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knighterrant

Ah sorry, close the other one if you can or delete it. i'll try to do it myself after this.

I went to peats to get one a while ago specificly for the old pc, they guy swore up and down it'd work. should have know better myself at the time. that said its a damn nice psu so i'll keep it till my next build for myself.

but i digress. :rolleyes: on the original pc blew when i pluged it in after a long period. the psu blew. So i've either just fried the psu, or the psu and the motherboard.

The whole system was built in 2002, so this'll be interesting.

So by way of appology i'll put a "how to build a cheap as chips system" when i'm done hopefully someone will find it usefull. (if they don't mind ubuntu)

Advertisement