Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League Final - Atletico Madrid vs Fulham

• 11-05-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

324_Atletico_Madrid.jpgV.pngfulham-fc.jpg

Europa League Final
    Wednesday 12th May 2010
    HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg
    KO: 19.45 BST

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

iVamos Atleti!

I'm really excited about this, though a bit nervous too. Don't really know who is favourites for it. I just hope Forlán is up for it. If he is, we should win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Come on Fulham!

Please win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll be a bit of a fairytale for either side, both teams have won European silverware but Atletis is slightly more prestigious (only just!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Really hope Fulham win it for Hodgson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bookies seem to fancy Atletico to edge it and I'd agree tbh. Would be fantastic if Fulham were to win it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

really hope fullham win it love for hodgson to do it sadly ill miss the final:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Forza Atleti! I think it'll be surprisingly comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Forza atleti. two nil to los indios!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

C'mon Fulham!!! Would love to see them winning it! Fairytale end to a fairytale season for them. They would need to keep on riding their luck tho, and I wonder if they've gotten their run...

Still, I'd love to see them winning it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hope Fulham can win it. Should be an interesting match! Woy deserves all the praise he's getting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Come on Fulham.

Have played 18 games (incl qualifying rounds) to get to the final, so will be 19including the final. That's half of a season's league games. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see Fulham win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This is gonna be a high scoring crazy game. 4-3 or 4-4 at the end of 90.
    I suspect its a bridge too far for Fulham to win the tie with some key players being rushed back from injury although I really hope not. Athletic play nice football and have some great players and at the end of the day I feel they will have too much for Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

coyw ye can do it.Fulham fan here dissappointed not to be able to go was in the process of booking flights until i noticed something clashing.bobby and duff fit to play just hope they are firing on all cyclinders.From all accounts athletico were made to look better then they actually are by liverpool.

we've been underdogs every round and it continues in the final...I like it that way. Athletico may have great individual players but Woy has us marsheled fantastically as a team who works very hard on the team shape making it hard to break us down.
    Hopefully the fairytale will continue.coyw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

DazMarz wrote: »
    C'mon Fulham!!! Would love to see them winning it! Fairytale end to a fairytale season for them. They would need to keep on riding their luck tho, and I wonder if they've gotten their run...

Still, I'd love to see them winning it!

And you with a Chelsea avitar? :confused: Ole, ole ole.

Athletico will win this with ease. Would like to see Hodgson do well as he is probably the only gent in English football, but not enough to make me cheer for any English side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Really hoping that Fulham can win their first European title in their history tonight. What an achievement it would be were it to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If this was anyone other than Atletico i'd probably want Fulham to win but with Atletico being my favourite team in Spain I'll be supporting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Atleti 2-1 Fulham

Forlan (2) , Dempsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hoping for a good match, Atletico should win it in the end but Fulham could push them.

I'm glad I gave my tickets to my uncle, I've had a killer cold the last 2 days :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Cmon Woy. Welease Wobert (Zamora).

Fulham 2-1

The line-ups according to SSN:

Atletico:

De Gea, Ujfalusi, Perea, Dominguez, Lopez, Reyes, Assuncao, Garcia, Simao, Forlan, Aguero.

Fulham:

Schwarzer, Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Duff, Etuhu, Murphy, Davies, Gera, Zamora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

2nil Madrid please.

What channels is this on ?

TV3 and probably Channel 5 too, think the Fulham love-in is hilarious.

Channel 5 and ESPN and Tv3 I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Atleti should win this comfortably imo, however, they are horribly inconsistent, so who knows.

CSF wrote: »
    TV3 and probably Channel 5 too, think the Fulham love-in is hilarious.

When I don't give 2 fcks about a game I tend to shout for the underdog. It helps pass the time. I think you are mistaking this for a "love in"

jaykay74 wrote: »
    When I don't give 2 fcks about a game I tend to shout for the underdog. It helps pass the time. I think you are mistaking this for a "love in"
    No but its everyone. Read the thread before assuming I'm just referring to you.

• Advertisement

If it wasn't Fulham but say I dunno Blackburn there wouldn't be half as much "love", people respect Roy Hodgson and the way he turned the club round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Football Manager has made me follow Atletico more, the want-the-underdog-to-win side of me wants a Fulham win. Can't see anything but Atletico to win it though, hopefully its not a Middlesborough-type final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hope Atletico beat them, can't have them lot winning a European trophy. :mad: there's only one team in Fulham.

I'd like Duffer to lift the cup. Would cap off a great career turnaround for him. Also have a lot of respect for Hodgson. Come on Fulham. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

As an aside even if Fulham don't win I'd imagine that their run in the UEFA cup, didn't do any damage to the PL's European co-efficient, which would have a knock-on effect for other English clubs in European in terms of seedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

C'mon Fulham!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think three one to Atletico!

But c'mon Fulham. I'd love them to win this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

COME ON FULHAM!!! GOOD LUCK TO THE BOYS FROM SW6 (even if they're not my boys!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Think I will place a bet on Fulham - hope they can pull it off tonite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Really hope Fulham do it. I'm going to say 3-1 to the Cottagers and a great night for everyone (except Atletico Madrid).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know if Fulham had to get a coach to the venue with the travel disruptions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

C'mon Atletico!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The obligatory oompah loompah female presenter on Tv3...so I have a choice between Phil Babb and Stan Collymore for analysis...

Anyway, come on Fulham!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Want see Irishman lift trophy so want Fulham to win it..

Although I would not hate see Forlan lift it either the man is legend to us United fans hehe

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone know if Fulham had to get a coach to the venue with the travel disruptions ?

Their plan was to fly out yesterday morning so I assume that's what happened. Didn't hear about them having to take a coach this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mike65 wrote: »
    If it wasn't Fulham but say I dunno Blackburn there wouldn't be half as much "love", people respect Roy Hodgson and the way he turned the club round.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=277931868812&ref=ts

Also, if Roy Hodgeson didnt say "w" instead of "r" I doubt he would have so much love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Be the Holy Fulham calm down!

Very close from Forlan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Jesus, Forlan came close there! Fulham looking very nervy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is this on any other channel except TV3. Trev and "Lawro"s commentary is making me lose the will to live. Or to stab my ears if the former is too excessive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement