Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League Final - Atletico Madrid vs Fulham

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aguero played well, can't wait to see him in the blue shirt next year. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

TV3 just said Fulham won't be in it next year, will they not be there from the Fair Play league?
    Don't think England got in the top 3 in the European Fair Play League so they don't get an extra place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I stand corrected. Usually only 90 min bets count unless its "which team will go through" type bet.

The top fair play leagues are all in Scandinavia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

mike65 wrote: »
    I stand corrected. Usually only 90 min bets count unless its "which team will go through" type bet.

The top fair play leagues are all in Scandinavia

that bet will be void id say, but if it holds, fair dues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    The fúck is Delaney doing there????

He's like David May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are the people who text onto TV3 for real? Fulham the better team? Me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it sounds patronising, but i feel for Fulham.

i really wanted to see them do it.

they defended like trojans, but to be honest, the difference was easily the strikers, and Atletico, i think, deserved it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I thought Fulham matched Atletico for most of the match. Difference was that Atletico had quality strikers that won it in the end.

Gutted for Fulham, it would have been a great story if they had won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Delighted to see atleti win something, absolutely delighted. Hope they do the double next week.

Do feel a bit for fulham but i'm an atletico fan tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

CSF wrote: »
    Are the people who text onto TV3 for real? Fulham the better team? Me hole.

I agree, some ridiculous statements coming out tonight. Fulham were very good and by no means played off the park but the better team? Don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Feel sad for Fulham, think they deserved it. At the same time, so did Atletico :) Forlan gets the cup final winning performance that he deserves. Takes real character to come back from such a bad spell in a career to be really a top top class striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Absolutely delighted with the result and performance.

I don't think anyone can argue that Atleti didn't deserve it in the match.

The first half was all them and Fulham scored with their second shot on target. The second half and extra time were a bit more balanced but Atleti had the better chances.

Also, the Atleti goals were lucky.

Still, delighted with the result. There was some party here last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Camera man must like that blonde! Can't say I disagree! :D

Absolute quality was telling the lads who missed the match this morning, anyone get a screenshot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I thought it was a good match. Both teams played well although both had equal amounts of good and bad spells, At times, neither teams could pass the ball to a player beside them properly and comely misjudged their passes.

Ateltico looked better attacking and Fulham cleaned up at the back well. Baird was excellent for Fulham I though.

As a neutral, I though it was a good enoug game to watch although I would have liked Fulham to win because I would have liked to see Duffer get himself a another trophy.

Commiserations to the Fulham fans out there.

How do people think Aguero played last night considering that there is a possibilty that he could ply his trade in the Premiership next season. Fulhams defense this season hasn't been that bad mind you as it did only let in 46 goals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Fair play to Fulham for getting as far as they did. Great accomplishment!
    I was sickened to see forlan score AGAIN in extra time, didnt think they deserved it tbh (I was really hoping for penos) They had the better players in the final third which did make the difference in the end.

How do people think Aguero played last night considering that there is a possibilty that he could ply his trade in the Premiership next season.
    He's a very talented player no doubt about it. I would love to see him in the premier league at some stage. Great spark about him when he runs at the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Fulham never had a hope once the Channel 5 commentator said that 'surely Fulham must win it, it is in their destiny' at the start of the game, even Graham Taylor told him not to tempt fate, fecking muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    F(I was really hoping for penos)

To be completely honest, I thought that if they had of gone to peno's, it would have been even harder for Fulham as they had taken off Murphy, Zamora and Duffer and I am really not sure how good Fulhams would have been taking penalty's against Forlan, Aguero and co but I don't think they would have done it and it would have dragged it out even longer although penalty's are penalty's and we can never say for sure but my gut feeling would have been Atletico winning the penalty's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Sad for Fulham but delighted for Forlan. I met him a few years ago over here when Man Utd were on tour and had a good chat with him. He seemed genuinely nice. He always got a bad rap in England but has scored buckets of goals in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Disappointed for Woy and the Fulham players, woulda been a fantastic achievement for them

Still a brilliant season for them though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dave! wrote: »
    Disappointed for Woy and the Fulham players, woulda been a fantastic achievement for them

Still a brilliant season for them though

How is it a brilliant season for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

eagle eye wrote: »
    How is it a brilliant season for them?

Well first off,never had relegation worries....faded off in the 2nd half of the season when concentration was put on both cup runs. I'll start with the legue 3-1 victory over the Pool, hammered Utd at home 3-0. The the F.A cup....got to quarters finals unlucky to get knocked out,was 1-0 up but met an amazing Spurs performance in the 2nd half.
    Then the Europa league in which we played 19games getting to the final including games against european veterns and clubs coming in from the top tier(champ league).Victories included scalps against Basal,Roma, Shaktar(holders) the old lady(who we humbled at home 4-1) Wolfburg(German Champions) Hamburg.We finished 2nd out of 192 european teams,got to the quarters in the F.a cup and relegation was never a worry....seems like a successful season to me?.
    Btw I'm a Fulham fan although that is probably evident.An interesting fact is Athletico only won 3 games to get to the final whereas we won 11 to get there.Every round we were underdogs and with plenty of hunger and determination we earned our place in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can completely understand that it was a thrilling season with the two cup runs but I don't know how you could call it brilliant. At the end of the season Fulham have finished well down the table and will not have European football next season so its far from a brilliant season.

Maybe its just a wording thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

eagle eye wrote: »
    I can completely understand that it was a thrilling season with the two cup runs but I don't know how you could call it brilliant. At the end of the season Fulham have finished well down the table and will not have European football next season so its far from a brilliant season.

Maybe its just a wording thing.

Ya but it's Fulham. :confused: It's not like they expect too much. It's a brilliant season by there standards. I'm sure the Fulham fan will agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

cup of tea wrote: »
    Well first off,never had relegation worries....faded off in the 2nd half of the season when concentration was put on both cup runs. I'll start with the legue 3-1 victory over the Pool, hammered Utd at home 3-0. The the F.A cup....got to quarters finals unlucky to get knocked out,was 1-0 up but met an amazing Spurs performance in the 2nd half.
    Then the Europa league in which we played 19games getting to the final including games against european veterns and clubs coming in from the top tier(champ league).Victories included scalps against Basal,Roma, Shaktar(holders) the old lady(who we humbled at home 4-1) Wolfburg(German Champions) Hamburg.We finished 2nd out of 192 european teams,got to the quarters in the F.a cup and relegation was never a worry....seems like a successful season to me?.
    Btw I'm a Fulham fan although that is probably evident.An interesting fact is Athletico only won 3 games to get to the final whereas we won 11 to get there.Every round we were underdogs and with plenty of hunger and determination we earned our place in the final.
    Fulham played more games than Atletico as Atletico came in via the CL. And despite the difficulty of Fulham's run, Atletico's was still much harder. Shakhtar, Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg (google those sides league form and it might tell more of the tale), vs Galatasaray (who Atletico actually managed to beat in Turkey which is pretty rare), Sporting Lisbon (who had just hammered Everton in the previous round), and Valencia and Liverpool (the 2 other best teams in the competition). No1 even came close to deserving this competition as much as Atleti.

Advertisement