Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eric Whitacre: Lux Aurumque

Options
  • 11-05-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭

Neat little idea from composer/conductor Eric Whitacre, using a virtual choir from people from all around the intertubes.

Any of our boardsies take part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Was going to but ended up didn't bother. Plus, the second bass part is lowwwww (C-sharps!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Just go on the piss the night before! :D

Nice piece.....but the reverb sounds so fake (which, I suppose, in fairness it has to be).

I have been known to sing lower than that the morning after a night of drinking... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

'tis my lowest note on a good day, although haven't tried the auld husky hangover technique yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Doshea3 wrote: »
    I have been known to sing lower than that the morning after a night of drinking... ;)

I hit a low Bb after 3 nights of heavy drinking and singing tenor carols (i'm a baritone)!

Its the lowest I've ever hit, and it scared the **** out of me! :eek:

What about yourself?

• Advertisement

Think I've hit B-flat or A before, I have a video somewhere of myself and my friend singing low notes some morning! I'll dig it out if I can find it.

A friend of mine who is a very low bass said one morning after drinking he sang what he thinks must be one of the lowest notes ever. His whole house shook with it!!

Norrdeth—I'm jealous! I've got Cs and C-sharps on rare occasions (not drink-related!), but on a very good day I can only sing a D if I'm lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Doshea3 wrote: »
    Think I've hit B-flat or A before, I have a video somewhere of myself and my friend singing low notes some morning! I'll dig it out if I can find it.

A friend of mine who is a very low bass said one morning after drinking he sang what he thinks must be one of the lowest notes ever. His whole house shook with it!!

Norrdeth—I'm jealous! I've got Cs and C-sharps on rare occasions (not drink-related!), but on a very good day I can only sing a D if I'm lucky!

Wait i'm mistaken, I meant D and only on a really goood day =P, god C# would be crazy!
    Saying that I haven't sang in a choir in a good while.

Today is a D-day! :D

Advertisement