Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEHB RCC - Anyone know where it is?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 11:19pm

Hey guys,

Sorry for the shortened thread name, wouldn't fit otherwise.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I'd find the North Eastern Health Board's Regional Control Centre in Navan?

From Drogheda town myself and never ventured out towards Meath so don't know the area at all. Unfortunately, not having my own transport I can't just wing it and hope for the best (well, I could just jump on a random bus, but knowing my luck I'd be found dead in Wexford or something).

Anyway.. I was talking to them on the phone before and they mentioned they're beside the "Football grounds", I that's any good?

Anyone able to give me any help on how to find this? I don't know where any of the buses stop or anything in Navan either, so I'm really looking to find directions via other places (ie; if I ask someone on the street how to get to the NEHB Regional Control Centre, I reckon I'll just get a funny look, but if I know it's close to a McDonald's or an Eason's or something I reckon my chances of finding it wil improve significantly :o )

Cheers to anyone able to help out here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

I think it might be the ambulance control centre you are looking for. If so, it's a stone building at the front of Our lady's hospital, which is situated across the road from pairs Tailteann, the GAA ground. Coming in from Drogheda, take the road down as far as the shopping centre and turn right on approach. Then go through two roundabounts and up a hill to the lights directly across the astadium - the ambulance control centre is on your right. Pair Tailteann should be easy enough to find if you look out for the massive floodlights, they can be seen rising above the stands as you come in from Drogheda.....

Yeah, it must be the ambulance centre alright, but I wasn't sure if there was the 'Regional Control Centre' AND an Ambulance centre, which were two different things (and knowing my luck I'd end up in the wrong place).

Cheers Stroke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If the google maps link works you should find it here

So if I just go looking for the hospital itself I should be covered, I'd imagine?

Has anyone been to the Ambulance Station there? I'm lead to believe that there may be a wider range of Emergency HSE vehicles there than I'd find at the other Ambulance Stations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Just look for the hospital, if you can't find it ask a taxi driver.

• Advertisement

Right guys, sorry to be overly cautious here, but I have no idea of Navan at all, so I was wondering if anyone can confirm this plan for me?

Judging from Bus Eireann's time tables, I can get on a bus at Drogheda at 9:30 and be in Navan Square about 10:30:

(Ingore the highlighted times, that was accidental)

drogtonav.jpg

And then, once there, I can hop on to the Town bus from the Square at 12:00, which will bring me to the Hospital (though I have to request the Driver to stop there)...

navtohospital.jpg

:confused:

Though looking at the time table.. it only seemt to take the bus about two minutes from the square to the Hospital... Can I just walk it? If a bus can do it in two minutes, surely I can walk it in five?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Yeah, you can walk it in five (or less).

http://www.irelands-directory.com/Meath/Navan/maps.html

(Zoom in a little on the map)

If you look at this map the main shopping street is called Trimgate Street. I reckon you'll be dropped off at the bottom of Trimgate Street (the square).

To your right will be a forked road (going downhill toward the Boyne river) and your left will be the shopping street, Trimgate street. Walk straight up Trimgate street, passing McDonalds about half way up the street.

As you can see from the map the hospital in straight ahead of you. 5 mins walk away. The building you're looking for is in the middle of a cross roads, generally with ambulances parked outside it. ( Junction of Athboy road and Commons road.) Good luck.

Also, there's some roadworks on the way to Navan. Expect delays of up to 10 mins.

Brilliant stuff!

That's me sorted, so. :)

I might actually get the earlier bus out to be there for about 7am, so I can mooch around (I don't plan to appear at the hospital 'til around 10 or so. There seems to be an admisitration team at the Ambulance Station, so I'd imagine they start at 9am, so I'll give them a chance to settle in and get a cup of tea before I turn up annoying them).

I really appreciate everyone's help with this, thanks very much :)

Don't suppose you guys know of anywhere else about the place that'd be worth visiting for photography purposes? As I say, I'll probably get in about 7, so I'll give myself time to go around and mooch. :)

There's a church called St. Marys, the gates of which are opposite McDonalds. That gets photgraphed most often, better at night when it's lit up if you ask me.
    http://www.navanparish.ie/

There's the viaduct over the N3, back down the road to where the bus let you off. Keeping left (Watergate Street) and walking down the hill and passed all the roadworks. Big crossroads and walk south (turn right) toward Dublin. Passing a small well planted green area ( junction of Athlumney Road and the N3).

You'll need some expert skills to make that look pretty mind! Watergate street is where Omagh the movie was made BTW.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408056/

If you get the chance in the future, visit Trim. Next town directly West of Navan, 6 miles aprox away. That's the tourist capital of Meath. Taking a nice picture there won't be a problem!
    http://www.trimtown.com/

• Advertisement

I'll check the timetables and keep trim in mind. I'm sure theres a bus from navan to trim so I'll see what way my day goes whilst im out there and how quickly my memory cards are filling up and I'll play it by ear.

The Parish website has a live webcam feed. That's mad.

Thanks again Squod. I appreciate your help with this (and everyone else, too!).

I'll let you all know how I got on if I go out (I plan to go out on Tuesday, provided the Ambulance Station don't mind, I'll ring them Monday).

:)

Advertisement