Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleted

Options
  • 11-05-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

deleted
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anything you can use to alter your mental state is banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Better stop watching pr0n so

Or any TV for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

best to be getting rid of alcohol so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'll miss my morning glass of warm water with a hint of lemon... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Freedom is only a state of mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

So all coverage of the Dail is banned as well?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

So will all Headshops have to close after a certain date?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WhiteWidow67

i think closing the shops are a mistake. Like theres people I know that have said that as soon as the shops close they are gonna go back to dealers. Head shops were putting dealers outta business, until now.

Man..takin a **** causes me to alter my mental state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Some are closed already to rid current stock.

They will be going back to selling bongs, roll up boxes and posters of Bob Marley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Like theres people I know that have said that as soon as the shops close they are gonna go back to dealers. Head shops were putting dealers outta business, until now.
    Not only that, they are putting tax-paying workers out of jobs too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

Can someone tell me if all the headshop products are now banned? I'm glad they banned the pills and the coke substitutes but some of the smoking blends weren't too bad.

All smoking blends are banned because the govt. copied the UK cannabinoid law word for word. Irish drug law is written in Whitehall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

All smoking blends are banned because the govt. copied the UK cannabinoid law word for word. Irish drug law is written in Whitehall.
    We copied VRT from Denmark. It's much easier to use a tried and tested law than go through legal challenges here.

As an aside the wording of marine insurance contracts uses very old terms no longer used in general speech, but those words have legal meanings.

From what it said on the news substances that cause similar effects to certain drugs are what is banned. They haven't banned nicotine, alcohol or caffeine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ca bhfuil an job creation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Is that what all the hippies were storming the Dail about earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Head shop closures. Sponsored by the vinters association of Ireland in alliance with the FF party and presented by Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Mister men wrote: »
    Head shop closures. Sponsored by the vinters association of Ireland in alliance with the FF party and presented by Joe Duffy.

Can I sig this? I'll add an audience of concerned mammies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

if smoking weed is bad then why do they give cancer patients the option to smoke it? Not to kill them anyways!!!!!!!!!

You might want to elaborate on this.

Who are "they"?

Where are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Edit Post: Head shop closures. Sponsored by drug dealers, the vinters association of Ireland in alliance with the FF party and presented by Joe Duffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

SV wrote: »
    best to be getting rid of alcohol so

Alchol will be banned when the new world order goverment is formed we are doomed:eek::eek::eek:

Bravo sir, that's about the neatest summary of the whole affair that I've seen really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

From all my reading of boards you'd swear all Irish lawmakers did was google the laws of other countries, go "Hey good idear" and Copy-Paste.

Ye aren't exactly, pioneering anything, from a legal or a political perspective. All a matter of What are the other Countries doing cos we dont want to look stupid/

Medically trained professionals distribute medical marijuana to patients suffering from cancer and other terminal illnesses, so if weed was really that bad, would you give it to very sick people? catch my drift like.

And where do you stand on the issue of cannabis legalisation? Your posts and username are ambiguous on this issue. :D

galwayrush wrote: »
    So all coverage of the Dail is banned as well?:D

Yea there all stoned:D:D

CLOSING ON DECEMBER 25:eek:

Some are closed already to rid current stock.

They will be going back to selling bongs, roll up boxes and posters of Bob Marley.

And whats under the counter;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Edit Post: Head shop closures. Sponsored by drug dealers, the vinters association of Ireland in alliance with the FF party and presented by Joe Duffy
    Head shop closures. Sponsored by drug dealers; the vintners association of Ireland in alliance with the FF party and presented by Joe Duffy

I suppose it was a bit unrealistic to expect some forward thinking legislation. After all, McDowell couldn't even get the cafe-bar proposal to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Peanut wrote: »
    Head shop closures. Sponsored by drug dealers; the vintners association of Ireland in alliance with the FF party and presented by Joe Duffy

Not even 50 posts in and we're correcting punctuation already :pac:

mrDerek wrote: »
    ca bhfuil an job creation?

Ar ais suas san roinn leasa shoshelaigh:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

I think it's all good man ! :) no ones ever died from it. In fact more people have died from alcohol and tobacco!

Anyone who tries to say cannabis is harmful is a naive bigot in my opinion. It's one of the safest substances in the world :)

• Advertisement

WindSock wrote: »
    Is that what all the hippies were storming the Dail about earlier?

No Brian Cowen was supplieng free stock from the left overs:cool::D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement