Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best college of further ed for media production

• 11-05-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently work in journalism in Dublin but am interested in expanding my skills. I have a degree in science, but am thinking of doing a course in areas relevant to journalism - I'm particularly looking at film & radio production/documentary, web authoring and maybe graphic design.

I'm browsing full and part time courses in various colleges of further education - the trouble is it's hard to gauge which colleges of further ed are the best.

So far I've seen courses that look interesting in the following colleges of further ed: Ballyfermot, Dun Laoghaire, St Kevin's, Marino, Liberties College.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of media related courses in these colleges, or just these colleges generally?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Hi,

I currently work in journalism in Dublin but am interested in expanding my skills. I have a degree in science, but am thinking of doing a course in areas relevant to journalism - I'm particularly looking at film & radio production/documentary, web authoring and maybe graphic design.

I'm browsing full and part time courses in various colleges of further education - the trouble is it's hard to gauge which colleges of further ed are the best.

So far I've seen courses that look interesting in the following colleges of further ed: Ballyfermot, Dun Laoghaire, St Kevin's, Marino, Liberties College.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of media related courses in these colleges, or just these colleges generally?

thanks

well i'm doing film and tv production in *** in september 2010 and have asked on filmsites forum about the course and i've got bad feedback concerning Tutors and how badly they run it. So i'm a bit weary of it myself, having been there for my interview it does look like its a few years behind other PLC film courses i've seen.

there's another PLC course i've done on film in *** which although it has a few tutors who are a bit useless, also it can be a bit too theory for my liking and less hands on.Its far ahead in up to date editing and camera's then *** plus one or two tutors are brillant and its 2 year course. good college, you can get buses to town right outside and there'a a huge supermarket next to it plus a libary.

*** and *** are the best ones for film to get into but you need a good portfilio and the toughest to get into.

This is only for the film side of things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please only post your own DIRECT experience of a course or college - no 'I heard this', 'someone told me' or 'it looks like' - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

Colaiste Dhualigh do a great course in both journalism and media production. I have had friends to do the media production and i have done the journalism one and they are both great. You can do radio production as well as print journalism, great areas to study :D

Advertisement