Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved into a brand new apartment a year ago, some weird stuff occuring

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

CorkMan wrote: »
    Downstairs ATM, one of the bedroom doors upstairs opened by itself. :):)

A bedroom window is open, but it is not a windy day and the force wouldn't be strong enough. There was 2 "pushes", 3 seconds apart.

I really believe you need to be a bit more objective. if the bedroom window is open and the bedroom door opens, then it is obviously the draft from the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Downstairs ATM, one of the bedroom doors upstairs opened by itself. :):)

A bedroom window is open, but it is not a windy day and the force wouldn't be strong enough. There was 2 "pushes", 3 seconds apart.
    oh come on, you're really stretching it there :rolleyes:

Actually come to think of it, I left a glass dangling off the edge of my table... It was still on the edge of the table when I left the room -- but when I came back it was smashed on the ground! Explain that, science!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Jumpy wrote: »
    Hi Corkman, are you still on that medication? If you dont mind me asking, if so what type and strength?

I have never suffered hallucinations, and thus was never prescribed anything for that purpose. Has been 3 years since I took my last tablet.

For the occurence; I am just typing what I have experienced. It is unusual what happened, and I live here. This is because when the door gets effected by wind, it blows against the frame.

This time the noise was compliant with it hitting the chair on the inside of the room. The window on the other side was closed, nee I say not being strong enough to cause that much force.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I didnt mean that, some SSRI/SNRI side effects include depersonalisation and minor hallucinations. Not that you were taking them for hallucinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

to be honest, I'd say even the "spirits" are bored senseless now. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

to be honest, I'd say even the "spirits" are bored senseless now. :rolleyes:

Oh I never realised that spirits get bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Is the problem still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Irish Fire wrote: »
    Is the problem still there?

That's under the assumption it ever was :rolleyes:

GodlessM wrote: »
    That's under the assumption it ever was :rolleyes:

You are a great poster :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Unlike others I'm not trying to be funny when I asked the question.

• Advertisement

You are a great poster :rolleyes:

I'm gonna choose to ignore the sarcasm and say I do my best :)

There's a lot of us great posters, as you would put it, in this thread actually :D

Irish Fire wrote: »
    Unlike others I'm not trying to be funny when I asked the question.

Yes, it is still there.

Ok, I apologise and I'll bite; where is the fridge located and where is the microwave located? What were you doing at the precise moment the coin flip happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭liamwhite

Lads i understand that some of you are skeptic and have every right to question corkman in order for you's to believe him.

But taking the piss out of him is not helping anything at all, it i just making the skeptics look like more fools!

The chap has reason to believe that something is not right in his apartment, ye some things might be the trick of his mind as the fear builds up, but i do not think anybody here has the right to take the piss out of him and question him about his previous medication (can i just say, the person who did do that is a serious ASSHOLE)

As for godbless, being a man that loves research and finding the meaning behind unexplained things that happen, i think taking the complete piss out of people will not get you any were with your research.

Corkman, you have done your best to describe what has been going on in your apartment, some of the stuff does seem strange, and some stuff does seem like its the mind playing on the fear. but the strange stuff that happened at the start is what triggered this fear, right? So lets rule out all of the possible things that does happen in any house and highlight the strange things, the coin flipping and the drawer opening and shutting by itself, what you should do now is try relax your mind and not let it work you up.

When you are relaxed, try keep an eye out for more strange things, like the two highlighted. Come back and let us know if anything more happens.

I would not even bother reading any off the smart ass comments by some posters on this, if they want to have a laugh at somebody expense, head on over to the after hours forum lads!

Jumpy wrote: »
    Hi Corkman, are you still on that medication? If you dont mind me asking, if so what type and strength?

What a complete and utter twat!!!!!

liamwhite wrote: »
    What a complete and utter twat!!!!!

liam before outright insulting members you should first get your facts straight; Jumpy asked a genuine question to determine the possibility of hallucinations, a fact you would be aware of if you read his other posts and not just the first one. In fact it was CorkMan who said he was on anti-depression meds in the first place a few pages back.

Secondly, people have every right to pass negative opinions as well as positive ones. It's called a discussion forum, not a nod and appease forum.

Lastly, and refering partly to the above point, the reason people are being so harsh on CorkMan is for several reasons, most importantly his insistance on there being no other explanation other than paranormal (the point brought up by Dave in particular highlight this). Aside from that, inconsistant information, apparent improvisation, and taking personal offense to people disagreeing with him strongly suggest the story is made up. Anyone who just wants to share won't care who believes them or not. I am clearly not the only one here who believes this, and it is CorkMan's unwillingness to accept other answers than his own that have made this thread a joke, not the one's making the comments about it.

If you need some more evidence to suggest this story is cock and bull, question why I asked CorkMan in my last post what he was doing when the coin flipped? In his initial statement he said he was putting bread into the toaster when it happened. Later on, he instead said he was heating something up in the microwave at the moment it happened. Same thing when the initial position of the coin changed between fridge and microwave as dolphin city earlier pointed out. When you say one thing and then contradict yourself without reprisal there's usually one reason; when you do it twice there is only one reason.

The funny thing in these situations is that people come on here with a story, asking for advise/help/suggestions and saying they are unsure of this, that and all the other, yet the minute someone provides a rational explanation, they know exactly what's going on and have all the answers. Funny how attitudes change when the desired reactions of a troll are not met.

GodlessM wrote: »
    liam before outright insulting members you should first get your facts straight; Jumpy asked a genuine question to determine the possibility of hallucinations, a fact you would be aware of if you read his other posts and not just the first one. In fact it was CorkMan who said he was on anti-depression meds in the first place a few pages back.

Secondly, people have every right to pass negative opinions as well as positive ones. It's called a discussion forum, not a nod and appease forum.

Lastly, and refering partly to the above point, the reason people are being so harsh on CorkMan is for several reasons, most importantly his insistance on there being no other explanation other than paranormal (the point brought up by Dave in particular highlight this). Aside from that, inconsistant information, apparent improvisation, and taking personal offense to people disagreeing with him strongly suggest the story is made up. Anyone who just wants to share won't care who believes them or not. I am clearly not the only one here who believes this, and it is CorkMan's unwillingness to accept other answers than his own that have made this thread a joke, not the one's making the comments about it.

If you need some more evidence to suggest this story is cock and bull, question why I asked CorkMan in my last post what he was doing when the coin flipped? In his initial statement he said he was putting bread into the toaster when it happened. Later on, he instead said he was heating something up in the microwave at the moment it happened. Same thing when the initial position of the coin changed between fridge and microwave as dolphin city earlier pointed out. When you say one thing and then contradict yourself without reprisal there's usually one reason; when you do it twice there is only one reason.

The funny thing in these situations is that people come on here with a story, asking for advise/help/suggestions and saying they are unsure of this, that and all the other, yet the minute someone provides a rational explanation, they know exactly what's going on and have all the answers. Funny how attitudes change when the desired reactions of a troll are not met.

I have re-read jumpy's post and the context in which it was meant and i am sorry for calling him a twat, i thought he was taking a stab at the op's mental health issues.

Ok so he made some error in his posts, and you do not have to believe him, i find it very hard to believe myself. BUT in saying that i am open to the fact that he could be telling the truth, that is called being a healthy skeptic, however people ripping that piss out of him on thread and trying to humiliate him is not being a healthy skeptic, no problem in saying you do not believe him, but some people trying to be comedians is ridiculous!

If you read back over the thread, nobody is ripping the piss out of him, just the story he has presented and how he has tried to convince people. Personally the reason I am opposed to the thread is because I find blatantly feigned stories give the entire forum a bad rep. which can reflect in the long run on the genuine posts of others. It becomes harder to believe the genuine stuff the more you read this sort of thing over time. But there's no more I can really say; I've already explained why I think it's a farce.

P.S. Liam, I don't think changing 'putting bread in the toaster' and 'heating food over at the microwave' is a mistake, but rather a fact of convenience.

also I seem to remember him saying that this happened to him in previous residences too if I remember correctly.

he will not take any other explanation to what happened - he is not willing to any other suggestions - and sorry, but the "mistakes" he is making on his posts are changing the story every time which is very suspicious.

People think these are fake reports/stories? I am not making money or anything off this, I am just reporting what is happening to me.

I remember on the 1st page I said the drawers were opened and closed, the fridge (sorry, mistype as I was recollecting) the WASHING machine getting kicked loudly, and the strange foreign vibrations on my body. These were cynically swept away immediately, "oh they are not paranormal".

I only encouted the odd paranormal activity before in my life, which I am sure the average person has encountered sometimes. But since I moved into the apartment these activies have commenced. (BTW I typed "1st page I said the reports were opened and closed" mistakently on the 1st line of the 2nd paragraph, but went back and corrected the statement)

• Advertisement

whatever :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

People think these are fake reports/stories? I am not making money or anything off this, I am just reporting what is happening to me.

I remember on the 1st page I said the drawers were opened and closed, the fridge (sorry, mistype as I was recollecting) the WASHING machine getting kicked loudly, and the strange foreign vibrations on my body. These were cynically swept away immediately, "oh they are not paranormal".

I only encouted the odd paranormal activity before in my life, which I am sure the average person has encountered sometimes. But since I moved into the apartment these activies have commenced. (BTW I typed "1st page I said the reports were opened and closed" mistakently on the 1st line of the 2nd paragraph, but went back and corrected the statement)

Odd question do you have a partner/girlfriend/wife?

****ing fell. These "shadow" things are getting out of hand. I was listening to some music there and thought "my girlfriend might come into to open the room to open the curtain". I got these thoughts as I swear I saw motion from the corner of my eye, but there was no one one entering the door when I noticed this.

Then my brain said to me "She is there" but she wasn't, when what appeared to be a shadow become party visible to the left off me. My brain said "someone is there". My heart jumped a beat and I instantly turned off the music to see what was happening.

BTW with this vibration sensation, it is not exclusively in bed going to sleep. I could be watching a youtube video at my kitchen table but I get them around my mid-riff, or watching TV and feel them on my feet. "Pulses" is another phrase. It is these shadows that seem to be present around all the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

your eyes are always watching - its their job. Inevitably, they will from time to time, see things in your peripheral vision - changing of dark and light, shadows etc. Perfectly normal.

Really not trying to step on sensitive toes here, but take a read of this. Just something to consider.

It is obvious the thread is not going further. I have reported what I saw and people seem to just wipe if off because they haven't experienced it. The validity of the events happening are being doubted because of replies but I know what i experienced.

Can a moderator please lock this. Thanks very much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement