Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just seen 2 low flying "Black Hawk" helicoptors over Athlone

Options
  • 12-05-2010 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

they looked cool as fúck! did anyone else see them? wonder what the story is with them flying so low?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

molloyjazz wrote: »
    they looked cool as fúck! did anyone else see them? wonder what the story is with them flying so low?

Seen some low flying helicopters around Athlone on Sunday too.

Maybe someone needed to go into town and get a key cut again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Saw them over kildare just before you OP ...

Where I saw them is common training route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Seen some low flying helicopters around Athlone on Sunday too.

Maybe someone needed to go into town and get a key cut again :D

haa took me a few secs for that one to click... some lads are off their heads.. mind u if i owned one id think id chance it.. handy parking for a few in biddies!

E39MSport wrote: »
    Saw them over kildare just before you OP ...

Where I saw them is common training route

Not sure if it a training route here.. im in Garycastle looked to me as if they headed stright down retreat towrds town and past to Golden Island. Must be Dublin to *cough*Guantanamo route!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

There was an incident in Willow Park.
    They needed some re-inforcements! They had the Airwolf music blaring through the speakers when they were taking out some of the hostiles in Old Willow, before they moved onto the rest of the hostiles in Norwood drive, Alverno and Kilmacoo!

• Advertisement

There was an incident in Willow Park.
    They needed some re-inforcements! They had the Airwolf music blaring through the speakers when they were taking out some of the hostiles in Old Willow, before they moved onto the rest of the hostiles in Norwood drive, Alverno and Kilmacoo!

ha ha willow is but a mere folly.. compared to the stronghold that is st mels, although it looks crumbling don't be fooled, it will take more than 2 black hawks to down that epicentre of inbreadation.

Have you driven past mels lately molloy?
    Its already been taken out by a few Blackhawks! Its leveled just 2 or 3 houses to go now.

ahh ya see, u'v been fooled.. there is still alot of knacker activity down there.. i lived in this town for 15y now.. i never got to walk my dog down behind mels.. i tried the other morning but there was 3 lads in tracksuits hanging around there at 7.30 in the morning, id say they were just waiting for heroin.. but still i didnt want chance it, dont think i feel safe down there till there ALL gone.

They could have been undesirables from other areas. I think all the heroin has moved to the bottom of willow. Black lad - we call him heroin Joe! apparently!
    Just punch them in their baby makers..... they'll fear you then, as without kids they will lose a bucketload of benefits etc. No child allowance, no single mothers allowance (nothing against single mothers but a lot of the scummy people let their even scummier boyfriends live in the houses that our hard earned taxes pay for), back to school allowance etc.

Bang....and the dirt is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

What's the deal the the few remaining 'houses' at St Mels there!!? Saw a crowd of lads at one house with great 'tans' and a horse in the garden. Couple of kids running round, what chance have the poor kids got!??

Back to the helicopters, I presume it was two of these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Irish_ab139a.jpg

have seen the landing at the barracks a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

What's the deal the the few remaining 'houses' at St Mels there!!? Saw a crowd of lads at one house with great 'tans' and a horse in the garden. Couple of kids running round, what chance have the poor kids got!??

have seen them landing at the barracks a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Just had one again here. Large. Dark Green. Small (tricolour - not) emblem on the side. 4 windows on each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

That's one of the Air Corps helicopters, regularly in Athlone. They replaced the grey/silver Alouettes that you used to always see.

2CBB7CF7F9334A3680134130FAAB585B-800.jpg?r=1

This is a low flying Black Hawk!

2F93E0C3324F4A8DB4EEBE14A5808ACA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

tubos wrote: »

The main reason why the 3 in the middle are still up as one of the residents will not move...apparently they were all given a choice of a house somewhere else or a cash settlement (cant remember how much tho) and the person who wont move wanted both..mind you the house is not his...its rented accommodation:rolleyes:

tubos wrote: »

Yes them Tans are called 'Sarsfield tans'.. think i know the house ur on about, its kinda opposite the new Social security office.. i always ssee them lads hanging around there waiting to score.

They could have been undesirables from other areas. I think all the heroin has moved to the bottom of willow. Black lad - we call him heroin Joe! apparently!
    Just punch them in their baby makers..... they'll fear you then, as without kids they will lose a bucketload of benefits etc. No child allowance, no single mothers allowance (nothing against single mothers but a lot of the scummy people let their even scummier boyfriends live in the houses that our hard earned taxes pay for), back to school allowance etc.

Bang....and the dirt is gone!

I never knew the forenigners down there were at that, basterds if it wan't bad enuff!

Danny_B wrote: »
    The main reason why the 3 in the middle are still up as one of the residents will not move...apparently they were all given a choice of a house somewhere else or a cash settlement (cant remember how much tho) and the person who wont move wanted both..mind you the house is not his...its rented accommodation:rolleyes:

Quinns i think, are still there. got some cheek havent they!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

what is needed is for a truck or something else to drive through the house some day, when nobody is there. then they'd have no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

They are dead funkin right. I'm presuming they've lived their all their lives so why not look for a nice big windfall.
    Plenty of gangsters in suits around the country getting substantial handouts so why not them.

I suppose my username is quite apt from this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    They are dead funkin right. I'm presuming they've lived their all their lives so why not look for a nice big windfall.
    Plenty of gangsters in suits around the country getting substantial handouts so why not them.

They prob got the house for nothing to begin with.

• Advertisement

athlonelad wrote: »
    They prob got the house for nothing to begin with.

of course they did.. some seriously prime property location in athlone.. and didn't they look after it well??..

why do they deserve a big handout and they never worked a day in their lives, and if they did u can bet ur bottom dollar it was cash in hand.. i.e no tax contributions.. AND even by some miracle one of them had a job.. do u think they would last the whole tax year?.. i doubt it very much. they get it refunded, dont ya know!

AFAIK I think they are. So are the Horans (which is the one in the middle of the street)

AFAIK I think they are. So are the Horans (which is the one in the middle of the street)

Yeah thats the smack house.. the one in the middle, seen the gards did a search behind all of Mels and down the tracks the other week.. useless basterds didn't find anything though.

Not the first nor the last of them being raided

Advertisement