Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PS3 120/250GB deals at the moment?? [May 2010]

Options
  • 12-05-2010 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Here's what I've found, does anyone know of a better deal?

250GB model:
    Powercity - €350 + 2 games (Ratchet & Clank and Gran Turismo)
    Smyths - €350 + 2 games (Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 1)
    Smyths - €350 + 1 game (Uncharted 2)
    Argos - €330.54 (no games)
    Pixmania.ie - €335 not including shipping + 1 game (Uncharted 2)

My other option is to buy a 250GB 2.5" hard drive off Komplett for €46 and use it to upgrade a new PS3 120GB, the best deals for which I've found are:

Powercity - €300 (no games)
    Smyths - €300 (no games)
    Argos - €286.75 (no games)
    amazon.co.uk - Stg£239 + 1 selected game for £10 extra

Opinions please...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Well the first offer isn't great seeing as R&C is quite a short game and Gran Turismo isnt out yet, although I assume they must been the now 3 years old GT: Prologue.

Second deal is ok if you're into Ratchet & Clank, but Uncharted 1 is a great game.

Third deal is a pretty good deal too, Uncharted 2 is one of the best all time PS3 games.

Argos deal is a no-no because for the 20 extra quid, UC2 is worth it.

And the Pixmania deal is only really worth it if you can get dirt-cheap shipping which I doubt you can.

All the latter deals seem to bring the price upto and around the 250GB price but with no games, so they don't seem worth it.

You should check out HMV for their deals, I think you may have missed a good one there.

When I bought my PS3 over a year ago, it had the best 120GB deal going where it was the same price as other shops but the games were at your discretion. My friend got his in HMV around 6 months later too.

So suss out in-store HMV first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Just got 250gig with 2 games God of War 3 + Final Fantasy 13 + 100euro in vouchers e349.99 in Game. Two other games to choose between Battlefield Bad Company 2 + forgotten the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I remember hearing some time ago that there was going to be another price drop for the PS3 this year around summer time. Anybody have any further info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

mags1962 wrote: »
    Just got 250gig with 2 games God of War 3 + Final Fantasy 13 + 100euro in vouchers e349.99 in Game. Two other games to choose between Battlefield Bad Company 2 + forgotten the other one.

That is a quality deal.

Advertisement