Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets to Allergy Fair 28th, 29th & 30th May.

Options
  • 12-05-2010 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

With the kind permission of the forum mods I have been allowed to post a small competition on this forum.

I would like to give away a pair of Tickets to the Allergy Fair which is taking place in the RDS in Dublin on the 28th, 29th and 30th May 2010.

www.rds.ie/index.jsp?p=101&n=340

The competition is sponsored by www.beallergyaware.com which is a website that promotes awareness about Allergies and Anaphylaxis.

Question: In what Year did the creators of the Be Allergy Aware website win the Aramark Health Inovation Award for Advocacy ? ( hint - the answer is on the home page of www.beallergyaware.com ) When you go on to the webiste, have a look at the various material available to download.

Please submit the answer by sending me a PM ( Private Messsage ). The competition will be open unitil 5.00pm GMT on Monday 17th 2010. The winner will be notified by PM and the name will be posted on to this Thread.

Good Luck !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

Just a reminder, the competition closes today. I think the exhibition it is worth a visit. There are a number lectures covering a range of topics by various speakers.

Allergy Fair Speaker Schedule
    Day & Time Name Topic
    Friday
    13:00 Dr. Trevor Brown The modern Allergy Epidemic
    14:00 Dr. Jonathan Hourihane Anaphylaxis
    15:00 Dr. Paul Carson Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis
    16:00 Dr. Mary Keogan What is allergy and what is not allergy
    17:00 Ms. Jill Sommerville Ante-natal allergies and allergies in infants
    17:30 Dr. Julien Kirby Food Sensitivity - the difference between Allergy and Intolerance
    18:00 Ms. Nicole Lyons Recognising Food allergy in infancy: Are you worried your baby may be at risk?
    Saturday
    11:30 Dr. Joe Fitzgibbon Food intolerance and associated symptoms
    12:15 Dr. Nick Kennedy Coeliac condition
    13:00 Dr. Brendan Fitzpatrick Allergy and Complementary Medicine in Eczema and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    14:00 Heather Leeson, NTOI Can Food Allergies make you Fat?
    15:00 Martin Healy Food intolerance - the difference between allergy and intolerance
    16:00 Dr. Ranbir Kaulsay The progression of allergy from Eczema to Asthma/Allergic Rhinitis – how can we stop this ‘Allergy March’
    17:00 Dr. Niall Conlon Modern approaches to allergy diagnosis
    Sunday
    13:00 Moya Dillane, NTOI The role of Nutritional Therapists in the treatment of Allergies & Food Intolerance
    14:00 Richard Ward Living and growing with a gluten free diet
    15:00 Brian Murphy The practicalities of coping with a ‘restricted’ diet
    16:00 Natasha Czopor Living Food
    17:00 Ms. Jeanette Brazel How to keep your home allergen free

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

This competition is now closed.

The lucky winners ( combined with the same competition on Health Sciences forum) are:

Medstudent
    Janja
    Splendour
    Spook

I have sent a PM to all winners.

Congratulation to you all.

Finally, many thanks to the Board Moderators for letting me post this here.

Regards

Aidan

Advertisement