Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax won't reply to my letters regarding an overcharge

Options
  • 12-05-2010 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I had a Halifax Credit Card but I cancelled it a few months ago.
    I was due a refund from a company but Halifax never credited me account.
    The problem may have been that my credit card was lost and I got a new one. So the payment to the company was with the old card and then they credited the new account.

Regardless the company said that shouldn't matter and to quote Halifax a number which would resolve all.

So I've written to Halifax twice now outlining the situation and they've not even bothered to respond.

Halifax are starting to add interest on the account now as I refuse to pay the bill as it's incorrect.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The change of card would not make any difference.

Did you register your previous letters? Were they recieved? When complaining about something serious, I'd always register the letter to ensure that you have a paper trail.

From halifax.ie
    COMPLAINTS

We welcome all customer feedback, both positive and negative. We take your complaints very seriously and endeavour to correct errors and progress complaints speedily, efficiently and fairly. You are invited to make your complaints orally (at our outlets or offices or by telephone) or in writing. If the complaint is not resolved within 5 working days of receipt, the complaint will be acknowledged in writing. A full investigation of the complaint will be made and while the investigation is ongoing you will be furnished with written updates at intervals of not greater than 20 business days. On completion of the investigation, we will inform you in writing of the outcome of the investigation and any action we propose to take in respect of the complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint or if the complaint has not been resolved within 40 business days of receipt, we shall notify you of your rights to refer the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman or the Pensions Ombudsman. The contact details for the Ombudsman are:

Financial Services Ombudsman
    Lincoln House,
    Lincoln Place,
    Dublin 2.

Lo Call: 1890 882090
    Tel: +353 1 6620899
    Fax: +353 1 6620890
    www.financialombudsman.ie
    Email: Enquiries@financialombudsman.ie

If you've got proof of receipt of your previous letters, I'd go straight to sending another one advising that you wish for a Final Response from Halifax so you can go to the Financial Ombudsman. However, if you don't have proof, you may start from step one again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Have you rang them? They are in the middle of closing thousands of accounts and recieve hundreds of letters every day.

Also where did you send the letters? The branches and CSC in Dundalk would not be able to help as their credit card operation is outsourced to England.

I cant remember what the call centre in Englands number is but they are the only ones that can help. Call 1890 818181 and get put through to credit cards(number may be 1890 882 700) Have your details to hand, it will stop them having to search for your details. New credit card number and old if possible.

Advertisement