Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Izevbekhai and pleading the belly in Irish Law

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Maybe, but I doubt it.

This is just the latest in a large bunch of straws that she is clutching at. Daughter is at risk of FGM, as her first daughter died of it. Oh, wait! the death cert is forged and the doc says it never happened. Hang on, he's an impostor and she really did exist. I'll get the genuine documents.... ummm...ummm oh. well..... never mind that now, won't someone please think of the children!

They can't be deported now because they've settled now and it would be unfair..

Oh wait, lets try to argue the case now based on new regulations that have been introduced after we sought asylum..(All the while thinking of the next reason for seeking asylum after this one inevitably fails)

I also notice that letthemstay has now been removed.......

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

The Supreme Court has dismissed an attempt by a Nigerian woman to appeal her deportation.
    Her lawyers said afterwards that Ms Izevbekhai would know examine all the options left open to her including a possible a appeal to the European Court of Human Rights.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0709/izevbekhaip.html

Anyone think it is over yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone think it is over yet?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Who is paying for her lawyers?
    And if it is the Irish State, then why is Ireland paying for lawyers for a European Court?

Not a chance. I'm sure there are plenty more straws she can clutch at yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Matthew Izani, her latest solicitor was just on the RTE news.. says he expects that she will be allowed to stay in the country while she waits for some other human rights appeal.... I am soooooooo sick of this case.. I wonder is there a counter on how much this chancer is causing the state... hiding behind her kids like the coward she is.

There really isnt any point in having an immigration control system if you are prepared to overlook people attempting to fabricate legal documentation. As soon as they found out she had... she should have been turfed out right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

This case just saddens me.

Is there no way someone will put an end to this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

What I found interesting was the appearance of the two children alongside Pamela in the RTE News clip of her emerging from the Four Courts.

I maybe wrong here,but I cannot recall seeing the Izevbekhai family unit being put forward as an image up to today.
    Matthew Izani, her latest solicitor was just on the RTE news.. says he expects that she will be allowed to stay in the country while she waits for some other human rights appeal.

Mr Izani is arriving quite late into this process is he not ?

I also seem to recall the ECHR kicking for touch in their last deliberation of Ms Izevbekhai`s issues.
    Did they not decide to await the final outcome of the Supreme Court`s deliberations before deciding if they had a role to play ?

If the State and it`s agencies remain committed to their own principles here it may yet strike a blow for our ability to provide meaningful asylum protection to the many genuine cases who plead for it.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

AlekSmart wrote: »
    What I found interesting was the appearance of the two children alongside Pamela in the RTE News clip of her emerging from the Four Courts.

I maybe wrong here,but I cannot recall seeing the Izevbekhai family unit being put forward as an image up to today.
    It was also way down the list of items on the Nine O'Clock news on RTE. It seems that the media are sticking with facts of the case now. Apparently she did not attend court today so RTE and others had to use file footage.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

whats the chances of the ECHR backing her up? even though it has been proved that she submitted forged docs to the high court here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

What was her first entry point after leaving Nigeria? I thought legally that the first country an asylum seeker enters has to be where they make their application?

Its a hugely interesting case for a number of reasons and the main one to me is who is funding the case. I know that taxpayers are shouldering some of the cost of her legal team but surely there are other donations being made by groups who have a vested interest in Irelands and by extension the EU's immigration and asylum policy.

jmcc wrote: »
    Apparently she did not attend court today so RTE and others had to use file footage.

Regards...jmcc

It begs the question as to why she would not be in attendance in court when a decision of such magnitude is being made.

From the indo

Important points:
    Ms Izevbekhai, who claims her daughters Naomi (9) and Jemima (8) face genital mutilation if they are deported to her native Nigeria, is "looking forward" to having her case heard before the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).
    Wow, what a surprise. I never could have seen this one coming. Lets surmise here. Lost battle against deportation, file appeal, lose appeal, appeal that, repeat ad infinitum. Take case to highest court in the land, lose there. still that doesn't matter, because we'll go to the ECHR. Take that Supreme court!

The case will come before the Supreme Court next Wednesday, when the issue of legal costs will be decided.
    lets see how much this has cost and who has to stump up for it, but three points for guessing who it'll most likely be.

Mr Ezeani said the State was not funding her case and legal costs would be phenomenal.
    Which begs the question, who will be funding her case to the ECHR?

Two years ago, the ECHR asked the Government not to deport Pamela Izevbekhai until her case was heard at the Strasbourg Court. A decision on whether the ECHR will deport Ms Izevbekhai is expected in the coming months.
    Yeah, best of luck with that one pam.

Tick tock........ tick tock.........tick tock.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can't see how she'd get costs awarded. How she'll pay them if they aren't, is another matter! :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

so if the state is not funding her costs who is? was it not last year that an IRISH couple lost there case against the govt over funding for their austistic son,and they had to pay the costs:mad: of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

so if the state is not funding her costs who is? was it not last year that an IRISH couple lost there case against the govt over funding for their austistic son,and they had to pay the costs:mad: of the case.

No Win, No fees or maybe Pro Bono cases?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They did loose but the government in fairness said they wont look for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

They did loose but the government in fairness said they wont look for the money.

In this case, it will not be getting any money from Pam no matter what the decision.

The taxpayer will be left with the bill for everything other than her solicitors costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Where have all the DoGooders gone it very quite from them

Pot wrote:
    Where have all the DoGooders gone it very quite from them
    The press coverage of the case has also changed. Some had clearly been taken advantage of and realised what was going on when the succession of forged documents came to light. Other gullible fools in the media are keeping quiet hoping that there won't be investigations into their activities in this case. The usual Open Borders types of various ilks are probably still around and licking their wounds until the next case to which they can attach themselves to give their sad lives meaning. Apart from a very few honourable exceptions, the Irish media was an absolute disgrace in its coverage of this case.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The usual Open Borders type of various ilks are probably still around and licking their wounds until the next case to which they can attach themselves to give their sad lives meaning. Apart from a very few honourable exceptions, the Irish media was an absolute disgrace in its coverage of this case.

Very true,and in an amazing twist of fate Pamela Izevbekhai has cecome the rod which will be used to flay their backs each time they latch-on to yet another asylum case that "Ticks-all-the-Boxes".

Pamela Izevbekhai is now something of an encumberance to these professional State-Haters and I would suggest they will be fervently hoping she can melt away into the background.

The Irish Media,with the exceptions of the Sunday Times,have definitely some answering to do.

Several of the country`s top journalists and broadcasters caste all objectivity and caution to the wind in their race to identify with this case whilst denying the general public access to the forensic reportage which eventually lay the thing bare.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

On the new today.. Izevbekhai owes "over 100,000 euro" in her own legal fees (From what the said the state will not be looking to have their own costs paid) .. Matthew Emeka Ezeani, the fifth solicitor to represent Ms Izevbekhai, was interviewed today and posed a question as to whether the Irish state would be chasing Izevbekhai, a single mother who wouldnt have the means to pay such fees. How long does this woman expect the Irish state to indulge her??? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

On the new today.. Izevbekhai owes "over 100,000 euro" in her own legal fees (From what the said the state will not be looking to have their own costs paid) .. Matthew Emeka Ezeani, the fifth solicitor to represent , was interviewed today and posed a question as to whether the Irish state would be chasing Izevbekhai, a single mother who wouldnt have the means to pay such fees. How long does this woman expect the Irish state to indulge her??? :mad:

Isnt she still married? why isnt her husband paying their way? They know where he is so therefore he should be providing for those kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

fabricate legal documentation
    Quick question; is this not an offence in itself? I'm fairly certain that I can't bring a bunch of made-up stuff to court with me.

Quick question; is this not an offence in itself? I'm fairly certain that I can't bring a bunch of made-up stuff to court with me.

I already said that loads of times,You would be charged with fraud and forgery.How she is still getting away with it is beyond a sham.

Does this mean that her lawyers are now out of pocket? Perhaps they too can apply for NAMA.

Regards...jmcc

From what I remember of the proceedings (without checking back through the reports), the SC accepted that she was unaware the documentation was forged when it was being submitted. The forgeries were detected by expensive Garda and State investigations.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

is Pamela Izevbekhai still in Ireland?

mike kelly wrote: »
    is Pamela Izevbekhai still in Ireland?

yep:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

yep:mad:

what will it take to get rid of her? this country has gone to the dogs. Is there any political party who can get rid of asyulm cheats?

• Advertisement

jmcc wrote: »
    From what I remember of the proceedings (without checking back through the reports), the SC accepted that she was unaware the documentation was forged when it was being submitted. The forgeries were detected by expensive Garda and State investigations.

Regards...jmcc

How could she not be aware of it,she claimed it?

Advertisement