Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Izevbekhai and pleading the belly in Irish Law

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

caseyann wrote: »
    How could she not be aware of it,she claimed it?

The state just didn't want to charge as they feared media pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

mike kelly wrote: »
    what will it take to get rid of her? this country has gone to the dogs. Is there any political party who can get rid of asyulm cheats?

the parties are afraid to speak out about her and others sure you just have to look at the last elections in west dublin were nearly every party had an african canidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

the parties are afraid to speak out about her and others sure you just have to look at the last elections in west dublin were nearly every party had an african canidate.

I am sorry if they are not born Irish they shouldn't be candidates for any politics here.

just wondering when Ireland changed and became all PC...was it the election of Mary Robinson?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I am sorry if they are not born Irish they shouldn't be candidates for any politics here.

DeV would have been chuffed! Maybe not a bad thing when you look at it that way!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    DeV would have been chuffed! Maybe not a bad thing when you look at it that way!

Dev was not born in Ireland but he was born irish.

I never liked dev been honest.I am a collins woman :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRL_QfjjC24

Dev was not born in Ireland but he was born irish.

Half Irish.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

How could she not be aware of it,she claimed it?
    It would have to be proven and first of all they would have to prove that her claims were false (her failure to get asylum is based on her failure to prove that the claims are true, which is quite a different thing) and this would be a rather complex, not to mention expensive, matter. Add to this what to do with her daughters if she was convicted and the media fallout, and I can see why the government would shy away from it.

Nonetheless, I do think that criminal prosecution is warranted in such a case because setting an example would act as a deterrent in the future against fraudulent asylum cases that feel they can break any law in the pursuit of the asylum as all that the worst that will happen is deportation.
    This is the kind of rubbish that I really had hoped this thread would not devolve to when I started it.

It's also not terribly well thought out, because by that logic anyone who simply happened to be in the state at birth would qualify and anyone who was not (e.g. the children of Irish diplomats) would not. As has been pointed out De Valera would have failed to qualify - he wasn't even fully Irish by blood (hint: he wasn't called O'Valera).

It all just smacks of hysterical Alf Garnettesque xenophobia.

You should be able to run for election if you are a citizen, simple as that. There are more than enough safeguards for this to be sufficient qualification, and frankly I'd rather vote for a naturalized citizen than some gobshìte offspring of a former Fianna Fail/Fine Gale/Labour incumbent who gets elected through that curious peerage system which is our democracy.

It would have to be proven and first of all they would have to prove that her claims were false (her failure to get asylum is based on her failure to prove that the claims are true, which is quite a different thing) and this would be a rather complex, not to mention expensive, matter. Add to this what to do with her daughters if she was convicted and the media fallout, and I can see why the government would shy away from it.

Nonetheless, I do think that criminal prosecution is warranted in such a case because setting an example would act as a deterrent in the future against fraudulent asylum cases that feel they can break any law in the pursuit of the asylum as all that the worst that will happen is deportation.

Then they are not strong enough and dictated to by fear

This is the kind of rubbish that I really had hoped this thread would not devolve to when I started it.

It's also not terribly well thought out, because by that logic anyone who simply happened to be in the state at birth would qualify and anyone who was not (e.g. the children of Irish diplomats) would not. As has been pointed out De Valera would have failed to qualify - he wasn't even fully Irish by blood (hint: he wasn't called O'Valera).

It all just smacks of hysterical Alf Garnettesque xenophobia.

You should be able to run for election if you are a citizen, simple as that. There are more than enough safeguards for this to be sufficient qualification, and frankly I'd rather vote for a naturalized citizen than some gobshìte offspring of a former Fianna Fail/Fine Gale/Labour incumbent who gets elected through that curious peerage system which is our democracy.

You can paint it as xenophobic all you like,its very well thought out,devalera is half Irish makes him Irish in my book.Even though i dont like the man.If you aren't born on Irish soil nor do you have Either parent of Irish nativity or second generation,you should not be allowed run for any kind of office.Same as the Irish or any other nationality shouldn't be allowed in their adopted countries.I stand by what i believe.

• Advertisement

You should be able to run for election if you are a citizen, simple as that.

Is that actually a requirement? I don't have anything against foreign candidates, I'll bet Goodluck Jonathan would be able to sort out some of the problems we have in this country.

Is that actually a requirement? I don't have anything against foreign candidates, I'll bet Goodluck Jonathan would be able to sort out some of the problems we have in this country.

Yeah because their countries are such wonderful places and they do such a good job in them.

Yeah because their countries are such wonderful places and they do such a good job in them.

name one policy of Goodluck Jonathan's with which you disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

DeVore wrote: »
    i aint no fancy big city lawyering guy like you folk but....

if you were going to deport me to Nigeria where i would have my dick chopped off at the very least..... i'd pull every trick in the book too.

I aint commenting on the rights and wrongs, nor on what *should* happen.... im just sayin' like!

DeV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

It is customary to those people. The practice has been 'imported' here too, from cursory reports in the tabloid press.

I don't think you're forced to undergo the procedure, it is also carried out by women locally, not men. Usually with a razor blade. The girl is held with arms forward, front down, firmly, while the legs are splayed and the 'work' is done.

Different types too, partial\full labia removal and\or clitoral ablation. Depends on your religious background and tradition locally.

Unless the daughter(s) are presented for the procedure, how otherwise will they run the risk of it happening?

dick chopping is not a problem in Nigeria

You can paint it as xenophobic all you like,its very well thought out,devalera is half Irish makes him Irish in my book.Even though i dont like the man.If you aren't born on Irish soil nor do you have Either parent of Irish nativity or second generation,you should not be allowed run for any kind of office.Same as the Irish or any other nationality shouldn't be allowed in their adopted countries.I stand by what i believe.

That probably would have meant no JFK in America.

You have a newsletter I can subscribe too?

That probably would have meant no JFK in America.

You have a newsletter I can subscribe too?

How you figure that what generation was JFK?

are you one of the Caseys from Southhill?

You can paint it as xenophobic all you like,its very well thought out,devalera is half Irish makes him Irish in my book.
    Not what you said a few posts back - being born in Ireland was all important. Nothing about being half Irish, fully Irish or Irish at all - just geographically in Ireland.

You're now changing what you originally said because you really hadn't thought it out too well, from what I can see.
    If you aren't born on Irish soil nor do you have Either parent of Irish nativity or second generation,you should not be allowed run for any kind of office.Same as the Irish or any other nationality shouldn't be allowed in their adopted countries.I stand by what i believe.
    You may stand for what you believe, but I doubt you understand it. After all, why should it be limited to someone accidentally born on Irish soil, but who may have no blood tie to or even have grown up in Ireland? Or why someone with an Irish parent, who may never even have stepped foot in Ireland? Indeed, if their parent inherited their citizenship from their parent, neither might they.

What makes them better qualified to hold public office than someone who may have contributed to Ireland, integrated and become a citizen through naturalization?

I'm no fan of the PC circus that has surrounded this and other asylum cases, however neither do I have much time for such knee-jerk and ill conceived nonsense. So if you're going to stand for something, think it through first.
    dick chopping is not a problem in Nigeria
    Ahh, but 'dick chopping' is socially acceptable in the West.

are you one of the Caseys from Southhill?
    why?

• Advertisement

why?

I knew it. How are things on the Hill these days? Is Anthony Kelly still around?

Not what you said a few posts back - being born in Ireland was all important. Nothing about being half Irish, fully Irish or Irish at all - just geographically in Ireland.

You're now changing what you originally said because you really hadn't thought it out too well, from what I can see.

You may stand for what you believe, but I doubt you understand it. After all, why should it be limited to someone accidentally born on Irish soil, but who may have no blood tie to or even have grown up in Ireland? Or why someone with an Irish parent, who may never even have stepped foot in Ireland? Indeed, if their parent inherited their citizenship from their parent, neither might they.

What makes them better qualified to hold public office than someone who may have contributed to Ireland, integrated and become a citizen through naturalization?

I'm no fan of the PC circus that has surrounded this and other asylum cases, however neither do I have much time for such knee-jerk and ill conceived nonsense. So if you're going to stand for something, think it through first

Ahh, but 'dick chopping' is socially acceptable in the West.

No i just didnt add all as i assumed people would get the gist of what i meant,I didnt say half Irish as they are Irish to me.
    Naturalized Irish is that a new term?

4th I think.

His grandfather, 2nd generation, never would have made mayor of Boston by your rules. That was a massive achievement for Irish Catholics in a society that treated them as second class citizens and were ignored politically. Big reason the Democrat party was founded in the first place. All that wouldn't have been allowed by your logic.

4th I think.

His grandfather, 2nd generation, never would have made mayor of Boston by your rules. That was a massive achievement for Irish Catholics in a society that treated them as second class citizens and were ignored politically. Big reason the Democrat party was founded in the first place. All that wouldn't have been allowed by your logic.
    #

I said second generation.;) If they were born in America then allowed to run if not and immigrants must be the child who is born and schooled and is true citizen.

I knew it. How are things on the Hill these days? Is Anthony Kelly still around?

I dont know,why dont you go and see for yourself :D

No i just didnt add all as i assumed people would get the gist of what i meant,I didnt say half Irish as they are Irish to me.
    Oddly enough we're not telepaths, so when somone comes up with something, we have to take them at their word.
    Naturalized Irish is that a new term?
    No. A naturalized citizen refers to someone who was not a citizen at birth. You might want to read up what it means to become a citizen here.
    I said second generation.;) If they were born in America then allowed to run if not and immigrants must be the child who is born and schooled and is true citizen.
    Where does that leave those who are Irish by decent, but were not "born and schooled" in Ireland and thus not 'true citizens' - or are we to read your mind on that one?

You know that one can maintain Irish citizenship indefinitely through descent, as long as they register their citizenship before the birth of the next generation, even though they may not have stepped foot in Ireland for centuries?

I dont know,why dont you go and see for yourself :D

I will as soon as I can get a private army together

Oddly enough we're not telepaths, so when somone comes up with something, we have to take them at their word.

No. A naturalized citizen refers to someone who was not a citizen at birth. You might want to read up what it means to become a citizen here.

Where does that leave those who are Irish by decent, but were not "born and schooled" in Ireland and thus not 'true citizens' - or are we to read your mind on that one?

You know that one can maintain Irish citizenship indefinitely through descent, as long as they register their citizenship before the birth of the next generation, even though they may not have stepped foot in Ireland for centuries?

Just because you have Irish citizenship doesn't make you Irish.If i go to china and get a passport and become Chinese citizen doesnt mean i am Chinese.And most certainly would not be considered for a role in government or any other state job.

Irish by decent by centuries doesnt count.

I will as soon as I can get a private army together

Have fun then,drop around to ours after :D

• Advertisement

Have fun then,drop around to ours after :D

believe me I would love to. How is Wayne doing? Are you all friends again? Is it true he is broke?

Advertisement