Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Izevbekhai and pleading the belly in Irish Law

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

caseyann wrote: »
    Pity about you isnt it to be ashamed of your heritage.
    Heritage is both good and bad. Nazi Germany is part of German heritage, but I doubt if you would consider this something to be terribly proud of, for example. Perhpas the English should be proud of their heritage as well, especially with regard to their treatment of Ireland?

As such there is much that I am proud of my Irish heritage, but there are still many things in it that only a fool would be proud of.
    I disagree,two of my friends are adopted African kids into Irish families and as Irish as they come.
    Were they born in Ireland or are they another exception to your rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

K-9 wrote: »
    Your position is just posturing.

You stated your position clearly and when asked by Memnoch, "Am I Irish?" you weasled out of it.

I didnt weasel out of anything.I cant believe you of all people are having a problem with what i said. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mike kelly wrote: »
    no, they are not irish, they are africans

We are all Africans to some extent!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

@ Casey;

I was born in Ireland and only attended a year of National School before economic circumstances caused my family to emigrate. I only returned to Ireland a few years ago.

Ditto for my brothers, although my sister was born in England.
    Would we not fit your criteria for Irishness?

Heritage is both good and bad. Nazi Germany is part of German heritage, but I doubt if you would consider this something to be terribly proud of, for example. Perhpas the English should be proud of their heritage as well, especially with regard to their treatment of Ireland?

As such there is much that I am proud of my Irish heritage, but there are still many things in it that only a fool would be proud of.

Were they born in Ireland or are they another exception to your rule?

Yes they should be proud of their heritage,but not that part.

Dont much like my rules because they dont bend into your give everyone a passport and that makes them Irish and a right to stand in political office.
    Paper means nothing.
    We are never going to agree on this.

• Advertisement

@ Casey;

I was born in Ireland and only attended a year of National School before economic circumstances caused my family to emigrate. I only returned to Ireland a few years ago.

Ditto for my brothers, although my sister was born in England.
    Would we not fit your criteria for Irishness?

Yep you would :D

I didnt weasel out of anything.I cant believe you of all people are having a problem with what i said. :confused:

Well, should Memnoch be able to run for election, seeing as he/she is Irish?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Well, should Memnoch be able to run for election, seeing as he/she is Irish?

Yes as schooled here and consider herself/himself sorry dont know if you are a girl or guy.And has loyalty to this country over all others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

"Being born in a stable," the Duke of Wellington is supposed to have said, "does not make one a horse." Wellington, so the story goes, was rejecting the idea that the accident of his birth (in Dublin) would make him Irish.

mike kelly wrote: »
    "Being born in a stable," the Duke of Wellington is supposed to have said, "does not make one a horse." Wellington, so the story goes, was rejecting the idea that the accident of his birth (in Dublin) would make him Irish.

Because he didnt want to be Irish(so therefore he wasnt,no more than most of the people who claim citizenship here.

• Advertisement

Yes they should be proud of their heritage,but not that part.
    And am I not allowed to dislike some parts of my heritage or are you to say which parts I may or may not like too?
    Dont much like my rules because they dont bend into your give everyone a passport and that makes them Irish and a right to stand in political office.
    I don't like your rules because they're inconsistent. Even when talking about Memnoch you seem to be going against your earlier 'born and bred' criteria - essentially changing your rules for him.

Personally, I do not want to see any flood of unsustainable migration, but at the same time if I were to pick which one I'd rather in Ireland; an immigrant who works and pays taxes or a third-generation unemployed Irish skanger, I'll have to admit that I'd rather the one who earned their right to nationhood rather than the one who had it handed to him.

Because he didnt want to be Irish(so therefore he wasnt,no more than most of the people who claim citizenship here.
    You're just making this up as you go along.

Yes as schooled here and consider herself/himself sorry dont know if you are a girl or guy.And has loyalty to this country over all others.

Ah right. Well you've changed your position, fair enough.

And am I not allowed to dislike some parts of my heritage or are you to say which parts I may or may not like too?

I don't like your rules because they're inconsistent. Even when talking about Memnoch you seem to be going against your earlier 'born and bred' criteria - essentially changing your rules for him.

Personally, I do not want to see any flood of unsustainable migration, but at the same time if I were to pick which one I'd rather in Ireland; an immigrant who works and pays taxes or a third-generation unemployed Irish skanger, I'll have to admit that I'd rather the one who earned their right to nationhood rather than the one who had it handed to him.

When did skangers come into it :confused: Yeah my rules are flexible in terms of memnoch as he/she shows a loyalty and Irishness.
    Piece of paper because you flew in and claimed it doesnt make you Irish neither does paying taxs.
    Should be like america etc.. and take a test :D

Like what you want i dont really care.

Ah right. Well you've changed your position, fair enough.

I didnt change my position i just didnt mention such things till i was asked :)

You can paint it as xenophobic all you like,its very well thought out,devalera is half Irish makes him Irish in my book.Even though i dont like the man.If you aren't born on Irish soil nor do you have Either parent of Irish nativity or second generation,you should not be allowed run for any kind of office.Same as the Irish or any other nationality shouldn't be allowed in their adopted countries.I stand by what i believe.

caseyann wrote:
    I didnt change my position i just didnt mention such things till i was asked smile.gif

You most certainly did.

caseyann wrote:

You most certainly did.

I most certainly did not.I added it as i was given the option by Memnoch. ;)

When did skangers come into it :confused: Yeah my rules are flexible in terms of memnoch as he/she shows a loyalty and Irishness.
    I was pointing out the fallacy in your logic. As to Memnoch, I've no doubt he's chuffed that you consider him worthy.
    Should be like america etc.. and take a test :D
    First it was birth in Ireland or by blood. Then being raised in Ireland was enough. Now we have tests.
    Like what you want i dont really care.
    I'd concentrate more on what you want, as you seem a little confused.

Actually, what age are you?

I most certainly did not.I added it as i was given the option by Memnoch. ;)

Jaysus, you specifically said born in Ireland or Irish parentage. There's more quotes there, but I don't want to embarrass you.

I was pointing out the fallacy in your logic. As to Memnoch, I've no doubt he's chuffed that you consider him worthy.

First it was birth in Ireland or by blood. Then being raised in Ireland was enough. Now we have tests.

I'd concentrate more on what you want, as you seem a little confused.

Actually, what age are you?

No fallacy in my logic,i was presented with other sceanrios i added for said sceanrios as i had not thought of them at that particular time.

No Tests for those who arrive on a plane claim asylum and become resident in the country,if they are so interested in having Irish citizenship they should be tested on their knowledge of the country as is in other countries. ;)

Doesnt matter what age i am,you dont happen to post on topix do you?

• Advertisement

Jaysus, you specifically said born in Ireland or Irish parentage. There's more quotes there, but I don't want to embarrass you.

lol K-9 read what i said,i was presented with memnoch situation and i re arranged my position as i see him/her as a Irish person as he/she has shown he/she feels as one,and has proper connection loyalty to the country.

always nice K-9 :)

No fallacy in my logic,i was presented with other sceanrios i added for said sceanrios as i had not thought of them at that particular time.
    Which oddly enough points to what I said to you to begin with; that you've not really thought through your ideas.
    Doesnt matter what age i am,you dont happen to post on topix do you?
    Your age is relevant to your opinions in so far as they sound like those of someone who's very young and has not fully worked things out for themselves.

Which oddly enough points to what I said to you to begin with; that you've not really thought through your ideas.

Your age is relevant to your opinions in so far as they sound like those of someone who's very young and has not fully worked things out for themselves.

Every idea is to be reviewed, doesn't mean its incorrect or illogical;)

My opinions thus far are irrelevant to my age.

Every idea is to be reviewed, doesn't mean its incorrect or illogical;)
    If an idea is to be reviewed, that generally means that it is incorrect.

I suggest you might keep your mouth shut in future then, at least until your ideas reached a level of maturity that does not require a 'review' every five minutes.
    My opinions thus far are irrelevant to my age.
    No doubt, but your age appears very relevant to your opinions.

If an idea is to be reviewed, that generally means that it is incorrect.

I suggest you might keep your mouth shut in future then, at least until your ideas reached a level of maturity that does not require a 'review' every five minutes.

Perhaps, but your age appears very relevant to your opinions.

Incorrect it merely means work in progress ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Should be like america etc.. and take a test

...which would include fluency in english, presumably?
    If you aren't born on Irish soil nor do you have Either parent of Irish nativity or second generation,

So somebody who knows no other country than this one would be denied a chance to participate in all aspects of its society?

Nodin wrote: »
    ...which would include fluency in english, presumably?

So somebody who knows no other country than this one would be denied a chance to participate in all aspects of its society?

Read on Nodin to see what i said ;)

Read on Nodin to see what i said ;)

O I did....

Nodin wrote: »
    O I did....

lmao are you bored and thought yay casey is here to give my mind a good jog :D

• Advertisement

lmao are you bored and thought yay casey is here to give my mind a good jog :D

I'd rather you answered the question with regard to "....second generation"....if you'd be as good.

Advertisement