Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost keys

• 12-05-2010 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My 2 1/2 year old is after taking my keys and hiding them somewhere. Cannot find them anywhere. What would be the top 10 likely or unlikely places she might have hidden them? I need "outside the box" thinking on this one folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

My 2 year old is doing that alot at the moment. Mostly find them in a shoe. She also has a doll's pram that she thinks she can hide everything in without me knowing, sometimes i find them there but mostly in a shoe!!

Good luck with your search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

:D Shoes and boots are likely contenders as are any other low down recepticle type things or low drawers. I used to find things in an elephant shape sorter thing that we had... they were seeing which shape the keys would fit through :D. I also found things in the drawer that was on the side of the potty.
    Other places.... washing machine, under cushions (you've probably looked there already), out on next doors front wall (where I'd left them- the child hadn't hidden them at all:o), flower pots, saucepans, in wellies, in the bin......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

try the letter box....... my sons fave spot.

other than that anything that is within reach. try all the doors, draws, shoes, toy cars, tractors, ride on's, under the sofa, even the fridge..... good luck. I even found them in the oven adn grill the one day......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The fridge
    His toy cars
    The VCR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My little dote likes putting things into the grill or under the dog bed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Looking around my own house, places a 2 year old could reach would be

Behind books on the bookshelf
    In the oven
    A multitude of drawers/presses
    In the bin
    Under the bed, under the mattress, under the pillows
    Down the toilet
    In teddy's clothes
    In the CD player
    Sofas/chairs
    In a pot plant
    In the washing machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Parenthood

Had the same issue a month back...found them inside a folded newspaper in the paper pile.
    I presume you tried asking her where she might have put them? Maybe show her another pair of keys and let her help you look?
    I know it sounds crazy, but one of my girls is great at finding lost things.
    If nothing helps, get down on your knees and search everywhere below or where she might reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

wonder do they still make those key rings that make noise when you whistle, daughter likes to walk around with my keys too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Try the dishwasher,fridge - that's where I kept putting the TV remote control and/or my mobile phone when I was pregnant. Dang baby brain :o:o:o

Did u check in the potty/down the loo? when I worked in a nursery we used to find all sorts of toys in them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

did you find them yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In the bin or down the toilet would be my guess.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

in the bin, many times my keys or phone was found in the bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Did you find them? I'm all curious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shinners75

God, so sorry, 100 years later with answering. Yes, thanks for the help everyone, I found the keys. I found them in a bag of goodies under the stairs. She couldn't have put them in there so I reckon it was an adult, not me. My folks were visiting the day they went missing and I think they took them without knowing, in the commotion of trying to figure out where they were they must have found them in there place and several days later could not admit to having them..... I had asked them 1000 times to check their place and they said they didn't have them. Anyways, between the jigs and the reels, they came again the following week and low and behold, that evening the keys turned up inside the goodie bag that I had been in every day!!!!!!! My poor girl was wrongly accused.

Advertisement