Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Meteor phone numbers???

Options
  • 12-05-2010 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Just wondering do Meteor do custom phonw numbers?..
    Lets say i wanted (just off the top of my head) 0850000991???

Could they do it?

I'm tryna get my hands on a Pay as you go simcard with the last 3 digits being 991 for a hobby/project im doing which requires the use of a meteor phone.

Anybody know anything about this? or can meteor check on there database of any numbers ending with 991 and send me one out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think the name your number was canned last year, not certain though. Maybe Daryl would let us know

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Davy wrote: »
    I think the name your number was canned last year, not certain though. Maybe Daryl would let us know

I just tried it there but didnt give me any decent numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chiefhappy

godtabh wrote: »
    I just tried it there but didnt give me any decent numbers

The trick with the 02 one is to maniupulate the memorable numbers, dates etc.. i.e. use 1/jan/2001 and you'll get a number with 111.

Also the range they use is 086 72 so selecting 7 and 2 as your memorable numbers coupled with the above might get you 086 72 72 111

Love to know if its still working, i managed to reserve a number but wonder if they o2 store still have the capability to honour them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

there must be a way for them to do it. All the radio stations have custom numbers.. I'd say it could be difficult to organise tho..
    If you found a nice staff member in a shop they might let you look through the available sim cards and pick one either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

if you put 991 into number on the o2 site you get 08672 00991 available to be taken

Advertisement