Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Mobile Phone to Meteor

• 12-05-2010 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this or not, but here I go anyway!

Basically, I managed to pick up an o2 formatted Nokia 6700 off a friend of mine for a huge bargain. I love this phone and I obviously switched my SIM Card over to it and have been using it ever since.

But, my 'old' phone is a relatively new Nokia 5310 XpressMusic. Normally, when I get a new phone, the old one is got rid of straight away, but this is too new and still completely functional to get rid of!

As a lot of my college friends are on Meteor and have been at me to switch to Meteor, I thought I'd switch my old phone over to Meteor, getting a new 085 number and so on.

However, while Meteor were grand (giving me the SIM pack and all that), o2 have really been dragging their heels with this, always refusing to give me the unlocking code.

I could understand if I was a 'bad' customer to o2, but I've been with them since I was 12 (21 now), I always top up by at least €25 a month (usually more) and I always buy my new phones (well, this case is the exception) in an o2 shop. So I'm quite understandably peed off.

Anyone know of how I can get the unlocking code myself or of anywhere apart from an o2 shop that would give it to me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Ring them up. If youve used over 120 euro credit with them they have to give it to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I initially requested the unblocking code and o2 are still refusing to give me the code!!!:mad:

Anyone know where any of them Chinese lads operate their shops where they'll unlock your phone for a tenner??? Cos I'm sick of o2 treating me like an idiot!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Moore Street...usually €10-€15?

Advertisement