Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Everest - Indian/Nepalese Food

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

:)Has anyone eaten here? I must say i have never in all my days of travelling found a more enjoyable, tasty Indian meal, in particular their Chicken Tikka Massala, it really is heavenly. I have tried many Indian restaurants all over Ireland and Britain and not one of them come close to this place... I eat there about 3 times a week, that is how good it is. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

It is very good yea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

It is indeed a very nice restaurant. Have never had a sit down meal in it but have started going there for a takeaway recently and it is very nice and the staff are very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Where is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

the other half and i stopped off there a few weeks ago and got some starters to take away - the pakoras were the oiliest greasiest most tastless things i've ever seen coming out of an indian takeaway - not edible!! and the samosas were ok but just full of potato and no other veg and no flavour of any kind of spice. Don't think we'd bother with the trek there again although maybe the chef was having an off night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

There's an Everest restaurant in Westport also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Everest in Westport is the biz, I eat there most weeks and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Only got food out of it once, didn't really like it - sauce was too watery. They left something out of our order but, in fairness, offered us a bottle of wine as compensation.
    I have to say the staff were very friendly as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Agree on the Ballina one - easily the best Indian in Mayo - have tried most of them and they're terrible. Big on Indian food - lived in London for 13 years - so I've had lots of good gear - and Ballina Everest is not bad at all. One bad experience ordering Coffee - waiting half an hour - and getting cold coffee flavoured water in the end, but that may have been problem with their mega-machine on the night. A word about the Westport one - found them much more expensive and not nearly as 'nicely appointed' as Ballina. I've got a yearning for a curry now - must visit Ballina soon!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Its nice, nothing spectacular and fairly expensive too when dining in the restaurant. Besides that there was friendly service and nice atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

eat there every week!!. Best Indian I have tasted so far, I suppose what inspires confidence is knowing who the chef and staff are. Great food. (Was featured on RTE the one that is in Westport)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i was never that impressed with the one in westport, it would be a great place to introduce someone to indian food, their apparently hottest dish is barely medium imo, i have tasted chocolate with more chilli in it, their korma is like custard its so sweet and mild. if you like a bit of heat in your curry make sure you ask them to make it hot. admittedly i havnt been there in over a year so they might have changed things since.
    really nice setting for a restaurant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

My gawd, the prices!

Cant get over how much curry cost in Ireland.

Advertisement