Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2010: Round 5 Monaco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

amacachi wrote: »
    So, anyone think Alonso has any chance of points tomorrow? I think he should start on the soft tyres and pit after a lap and just take it home from there. A safety car and he'd be right up front with that tactic.

He only needs to finish in tenth so I'd say he should be able to do that, remember Schumacher in 06 started at the back and finished in fifth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

was lucky enough to be at the practice on wed! was amazing! Seated in the swimming pool complex. thinking of going back next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Alonso doing what I said he should. :D

Button out. :(

*EDIT* For all the talk about the great marshalling in Monaco, they know how to take their time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

yeah, hoping kubica can keep up with the red bulls, don't want them running away with it

Rosberg showing some unreal pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

wow leggard sucks

"hmm whats the safety car for" as rubens car is sitting in the middle of the road destroyed

Can anyone give a logical reason for Webber going so quickly before the second safety car?

redbull gives you wings?

ill get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

'What the hell'.... HAmilton is a great driver but a gob****e personality, how many times does he have to embarrass his team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

He said the exact thing that went through my head though.

Woden wrote: »
    He said the exact thing that went through my head though.

Fair enough but mouthing it over the radio will not cool them down!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 henrik77

Wow the 5live commentary is so much better than brundle and the other lad.

What the **** is this? A1GP in China?

henrik77 wrote: »
    Wow the 5live commentary is so much better than brundle and the other lad.

thanks for reminding me ive made leggard go away now

• Advertisement

loose drain cover...i thought the golden drain covers of monaco would be heavy enough not to move :P

Someone better be sacked for that.

Reckon Alonso is letting Hamilton wear his car down and will launch a serious attack over the last 5 or so laps, hope so, Cammmaann Alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Has anyone else noticed the small hole on the side of the Ferraris left wing mirror?
    Its on both of the cars but I don't have a clue what it could be for.

Schumi jumped Alonso???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Schumacher you legend!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

That move looked so marginal that even if Schumacher does get penalised, it was worth it. He's still got it, the opportunistic bastard. :)

Edit: Alonso was well past the line. Totally legitimate move.

Go on the Schumi. :D Looked like he was a good third of a car length behind at the safety car line. Wonder what Stirling would have to say about that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Brilliant by Schumacher!!! ha ha Wise old dog.

*edit* yet to be decided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Loved Schumacher putting one over on Alonso, even if it wasn't legal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

and guess who the guest steward this weekend is

drum roll.........

Damon Hill rofl:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Typical, I watch most of the race, but when Webber wins, I think that's that and switch it off, something brilliant happens :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Bit of a mess if it works out that Schumacher was in the wrong there. If the safety car is in it should be game on.
    Also can't see the reason why the safety car shouldn't just stay out and cross the finish line in those situations and stop any ambiguity arising.

Bit of a mess if it works out that Schumacher was in the wrong there. If the safety car is in it should be game on.
    Also can't see the reason why the safety car shouldn't just stay out and cross the finish line in those situations and stop any ambiguity arising.

Hello and welcome to Formula 1. :pac:

I suppose they want to try finish the race as a race,not a procession. Much like Nascar,they give it 3 goes after cautions to get the race done under green rather than under caution.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    I suppose they want to try finish the race as a race,not a procession. Much like Nascar,they give it 3 goes after cautions to get the race done under green rather than under caution.

Still a procession though if no overtaking is allowed.

NASCAR is somewhat different, it's purely geared towards entertainment rather than pure sport tbh.

How quick was Ross Brawn with his evidence!! Good argument- we'l have to wait and see!

NASCAR is somewhat different, it's purely geared towards entertainment rather than pure sport tbh.

Still great craic though!:pac:

LOL @ Ross Brawn with his print-outs.:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    Still great craic though!:pac:

LOL @ Ross Brawn with his print-outs.:D

Better craic because of it. ;)

Heh, Ross is probably going to prove that Schumacher had no choice but to overtake. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭gigabit

How quick was Ross Brawn with his evidence!! Godd argument- we'l have to wait and see!

Defo.

Ross was absolutely clear. Schu is 6th. Well done Mark. Good to see Schu can do a monaco race distance. How are we feeling about him now. Does he still have it?

gigabit wrote: »
    How are we feeling about him now. Does he still have it?

Course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

BFassassin wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the small hole on the side of the Ferraris left wing mirror?
    Its on both of the cars but I don't have a clue what it could be for.

Think it for a camera

anyone watching Karuns rear facing onboard just before the crash, great view of the crash

Rubens was a bit silly with his steering wheel, wonder will he get given out to by the fia or team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Schumacher does to Alonso what i thought Hamilton would do to Massa. Brawn and Schumacher know the rules better than anyone hope Hill stays impartial.

After the first pit stops nothing happened apart from the Safety cars but they wasn't any action from the restarts (apart from Schumacher)you really miss the second stops.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Schumacher does to Alonso what i thought Hamilton would do to Massa. Brawn and Schumacher know the rules better than anyone hope Hill stays impartial.

After the first pit stops nothing happened apart from the Safety cars but they wasn't any action from the restarts (apart from Schumacher)you really miss the second stops.

Does the law not state that if the safety car is in the last lap then there's no overtaking? I missed to reference to the regulation number so can't check.

• Advertisement

Does the law not state that if the safety car is in the last lap then there's no overtaking? I missed to reference to the regulation number so can't check.

the rule is when the race finishs under the safety car no overtaking but the race didnt finish under the safety car

racing from safety car line is allowed

The interview with Michael was great after the race- id say that grin will be on his face for some time! ha ha He deserves 6th.

Grim. wrote: »
    the rule is when the race finishs under the safety car no overtaking but the race didnt finish under the safety car

racing from safety car line is allowed

Fair enough, makes no sense to me to have the rule specify what happens at the end of the race if it's the same as in the rest of the race.

Fair enough, makes no sense to me to have the rule specify what happens at the end of the race if it's the same as in the rest of the race.

think it could be a rule left over from last year

cant believe the sport still has all these obscure rules but as you say this is F1

we'll soon find out

Schumacher always makes things interesting, i hope he keeps the place, just on the merit of how fast ross brawn got the evidence gathered :P

I think so but as usual in F1 they changed a rules and didn't go over the regs to see ho it would affect the existing rules.

Brawn seems to be claiming the message sent was safety car in this lap and not race finishes under safety car. Both have a case in my opinion because of a grey area introduced when they changed the regs.

• Advertisement

Just found the rule here.

40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

As far as I can tell the Safety Car was called in so the race didn't finish under the Safety Car so Schumi was in the right.
    Means though that two races can end in the exact same circumstances and depending on what it says on a timing screen the rules could be different. Still, case closed as far as I'm concerned. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

The entrance for the safety car to exit the circuit was, unfortunately, before the finish line, for all intents and purposes, the safety car was on the final lap and as such...... TGB drops a place.

Oblomov wrote: »

The entrance for the safety car to exit the circuit was, unfortunately, before the finish line, for all intents and purposes, the safety car was on the final lap and as such...... TGB drops a place.

But the safety car wasn't still deployed, it came in. A stupid decision, but them's the rules. If they hadn't sent out the message "Safety Car in this lap" then the SC would have still pulled off when it did, but no overtaking would've been allowed.

Oblomov wrote: »

Drops a place it would be 25 sec time penalty wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

As far as I can tell the Safety Car was called in so the race didn't finish under the Safety Car so Schumi was in the right.
    Means though that two races can end in the exact same circumstances and depending on what it says on a timing screen the rules could be different. Still, case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Quite correct, the safety car was called in on the final lap, and as such the race ended on the final lap, had the safety car been called in on the pen-ultimate lap, then yes your argument would hold but.... rules, sez.. final lap, cars were on the final lap at the time of the safety car coming in. No overtaking..

Up to the stewards now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement