Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warmer weather on way?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Speak Now

owenc wrote: »
    Yay sunshine at last and is still 20c 25c tomorrow is a definite possibility I'll beat you lot on the weekend.I'm always warmest in sunshine

And coldest when it frosts..............we get it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Sulmac wrote: »
    The weather isn't a competition...

and if it was we'd have people exaggerating temperatures by a degree or two here and there......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

get your shovels at the ready for next weekend..

Oh wait it's late May.

Rukm1441.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i hope we see charts like the one above later in the year too;)

meanwhile back to the present, despite pressure being high, it's lashing outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

According to my usual source . . .;) . . .it hit 25 today - briefly - in Kilkenny at 4.30 this afternoon.

Officially 25.2c was recorded. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

the roads were over 40c in some places today. thats grand prix track temperatureland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

And coldest when it frosts..............we get it :rolleyes:

gone go jump a cliff would you. Had a max of 25.4c and is still around 25c here now but i see castlederg and eglinton in 10 minutes have dropped 21c and it ain't raining there, ughh why does something always have to ruin it. for god sake!:mad: Its clouded over too this better not ruin my day tomorrow!! I want 27c. EDIT: not to worry its still 24c in ballykelly so were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

i see the first whitethorn starting to flower today, around here it the start of a few weeks hard weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

freezing here in Dundalk all day, where's the glorious weather never got above 14 degrees here

freezing here in Dundalk all day, where's the glorious weather never got above 14 degrees here

sea breeze or fog? It was here anyway, the humidity was way too high today for this temperature, the whole school was sweating.. it was terrible it was worse than 40c in florida!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

top temperature today was 22c according to Gerry Murphy, so down from yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

gone go jump a cliff would you. Had a max of 25.4c and is still around 25c here now

Relax owenc, it's only weather ;)

AntiRip wrote: »
    Relax owenc, it's only weather ;)

he was trying to say i was lying though. Meanwhile its still around 24c here and the cloud has come back and it has become that hazy it looks like black thunder clouds and i keep thinking its going to rain but it dosn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Donegal postman is reported as saying we have 3 months (or wass it 4?) of "ice-cream weather" coming. Well he got the winter right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

mike65 wrote: »
    The Donegal postman is reported as saying we have 3 months (or wass it 4?) of "ice-cream weather" coming. Well he got the winter right....

Yes, i have noticed that the foxs are scrathching their ears rather unusually at the moment . . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Top 10 high temperatures today:

Ballykelly|24.6 ºC
    Castlederg|24.2 ºC
    Casement|23.0 ºC
    St Angelo|22.7 ºC
    Mullingar|22.6 ºC
    Aldergrove|22.5 ºC
    Gurteen|22.5 ºC
    Ballyhaise|22.2 ºC
    Portglenone|22.2 ºC
    Lough Fea|21.9 ºC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Well Mr Donegal Postman I eat IceCream all year round so youll be right IMO :D

Look what that haze did! I hope it ain't there tomorrow!http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/observationdetail?obid=3908

sea breeze or fog? It was here anyway, the humidity was way too high today for this temperature, the whole school was sweating.. it was terrible it was worse than 40c in florida!!

fog unfortunatly never seen the sun once .
    can anyone tell me why it's always the north east that gets the fog

fog unfortunatly never seen the sun once .
    can anyone tell me why it's always the north east that gets the fog

Because they are beside the sea and that is the way the wind blows there most of the time. I'm thinking i could get 27c tomorrow conisdering todays max was far higher and that is the way it always works out. We are forecasted 25c for tomorrow so if we go by that and wall to wall sunshine we could easily surpase that. What do you lot think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Because they are beside the sea and that is the way the wind blows there most of the time. I'm thinking i could get 27c tomorrow conisdering todays max was far higher and that is the way it always works out. We are forecasted 25c for tomorrow so if we go by that and wall to wall sunshine we could easily surpase that. What do you lot think?

Going by todays temperatures in your part of norn iron, should reach at least 25 or 26 anyway . . .

Ok thanks that's what I thought as long as this hazy fog that has come back again goes away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Only got up to 20.9c today, but still nice. Sky same as this time yesterday which looks quite thundery and threatening, but its a bark I know will not lead to any bite. 19.4c currently with 0mph mean windspeed. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

mike65 wrote: »

Perhaps he just threw in the word "cream" in the middle there to soften the blow?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

3 months of icecream weather!! Jaazus - that'll cost me a fortune!! 2.50 for a 99 times 3 kids times 90 days! I'll have to get myself another job! :eek:

I understand this but as is nearly always the case Drogheda is fine and so is newry. poor Dundalk never gets any sun:(

I understand this but as is nearly always the case Drogheda is fine and so is newry. poor Dundalk never gets any sun:(

Well us it foggy? I missed out by a few mileUr is worrying as expected 18c by now and it's only 14c in eglinton it's 18 here though.

22.2c here already only like 18c in ballykelly because of fog or they would have similar temps and we would be reaching 27c there! Ugh something always spoils it

22.2c here already only like 18c in ballykelly because of fog or they would have similar temps and we would be reaching 27c there! Ugh something always spoils it

JUst back from a disasterour 20 mile cycle over the road to limavady and back and it's bloomin 24c depending on the way things go we may see 27/28c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

ye this is great weather for failing exams

Advertisement