Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warmer weather on way?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

kdave wrote: »
    ye this is great weather for failing exams

its so hard to revise and ive got exams in like 1 week and half.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 23.7c. Just 0.2c shy of Thursday's high temperature! Currently equal to the hottest day of 2008 here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its 37C pitch side in Wembley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

LOL! 37c! Sounds like Coleraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

mike65 wrote: »
    Its 37C pitch side in Wembley
    yeah i was just gona say that, but tell me, on the bbc forecast etc. it never mentioned temps would go up that far so am i missing something?
    Also my friend yesturday said to me it was 28 degrees on his digital thermomter but i didnt believe him, so can some weather experts explain this?

• Advertisement

Sun not shade.

Sun not shade.
    What?

The pitchside temp is in the sun, the official met temps are always shade. Hence the difference.

The pitchside temp is in the sun, the official met temps are always shade. Hence the difference.
    Oh right thanks man!

Danno wrote: »
    LOL! 37c! Sounds like Coleraine!

We only got 25.5c here. Now its like 23.5 cuz of that **** sea breeze could of got way higher.:rolleyes: My dad is doing my head in aswell opening all the doors and windows, freezing the house down and bringing in wasps, its not that bloody bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

owenc wrote: »
    We only got 25.5c here. Now its like 23.5 cuz of that **** sea breeze could of got way higher.:rolleyes: My dad is doing my head in aswell opening all the doors and windows, freezing the house down and bringing in wasps, its not that bloody bad!

No sea breeze here and its too hot, would have thought it was too early in the year for wasps, lots of bluebottles around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Just hit a respectable 25c here in Tuam, highest temp of the year so far yet does not feel as humid or as sticky as yesterday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

well I got crisped today in the back garden - local weather station only register about 16C but I can tell you way way hotter - Im fried..... ( I never burn )

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

What a stunning day for mid May - just amazing. Clear blue skies with warm sunshine all day - the BBQ is about to come out!

I actually recorded a max of 26.8C which the highest temperature I've recorded since getting my weather station 3 years ago :eek:

Just a shame this wont last into next week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo never does too well in these heatwaves but today the TECHNOLINE recorded a max of 23.8c

Yesterday was 21.4 and Thursday was 21.6 so not bad for the mishty NW.

Now for Champs league. 1-0 to Jose:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

The highs at Met Éireann/Met Office stations today:

Shannon Airport|25.2 ºC
    Claremorris|25.0 ºC
    Helen's Bay|24.9 ºC
    Mullingar|24.9 ºC
    Castlederg|24.8 ºC
    Gurteen|24.8 ºC
    Ballyhaise|24.6 ºC
    Lough Fea|24.5 ºC
    Aldergrove|24.4 ºC
    Portglenone|24.4 ºC
    St Angelo|24.3 ºC
    Mace Head|24.2 ºC
    Oak Park|24.0 ºC
    Ballykelly|23.9 ºC
    Glenanne|23.9 ºC
    Casement Aerodrome|23.6 ºC
    Knock Airport|23.6 ºC
    Dublin Airport|23.0 ºC
    Valentia Observatory|23.0 ºC
    Finner Camp|22.9 ºC
    Ballypatrick Forest|22.8 ºC
    Belmullet|21.6 ºC
    Johnstown Castle|21.2 ºC
    Cork Airport |19.1 ºC
    Sherkin Island|18.6 ºC
    Roches Point|18.2 ºC
    Malin Head|17.8 ºC

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

I was coming back to Holyhead today on the A55 in a 5 mile tail back and it was up to 27c it 2 kids and the wife I was not fun at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Got to 25.4 afaik in kilkenny today. My max temp for the may contest is well gone at his stage, shannon at 25.2!!! 22 . . bad call :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

According to the RTÉ weather forecast, 26.0 ºC was recorded at Mount Dillon in County Roscommon - the highest in Ireland for a long time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sulmac wrote: »
    According to the RTÉ weather forecast 26.0 ºC was recored at Mount Dillon in County Roscommon, the highest in Ireland for a long time! :)

Yay, Roscommon bates Owenc!

banana.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Poor Owenc ...... :) Earlier in the week I was sure we wouldnt get higher than 22c but today was 25 in my Native Mayo and I would say it was every bit 26c in Roscommon. Go the West... no All-Irelands but we win The Weather All-Ireland once again!!

Well it's warmer than this time yesterday at 20.5c if no cloud comes in and the wind goes away we could ghetto 27c. Whydoes the weather forecast always have us like 5c colder whenweve been the warmesst in ni all week. The BBC woman said 30c for London tomorrow and 14 for here typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

owenc wrote: »
    Well it's warmer than this time yesterday at 20.5c if no cloud comes in and the wind goes away we could ghetto 27c. Whydoes the weather forecast always have us like 5c colder whenweve been the warmesst in ni all week. The BBC woman said 30c for London tomorrow and 14 for here typical!

I actually dont think ive ever read a comment from you yet where you werent complaining! :rolleyes:

Is that just your thing or are you really that miserable and whiny all the time?

Crackin day here in the midlands, another scorcher on the way, cloudless sky at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

With all this great drying weather - the washing machine has been running non stop for 4 days now - I'm running out of washing to do! Is it possible I'll actually get to see the bottom of the laundry basket?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

fair amount of cloud cover here at moment,not lookn good for wall to wall sunshine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Up to 19.2C here now, highest temperature recorded here this year:)

EDIT: Broken 20C for the first time this year now, up to 20.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

god Trog - even in the sea breeze down at you - stifeling up here - working outside yesterday & today.. melting which is a rare thing for me to say !

Say the Seafront is packed ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

A breezy 24C here:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It is too hot here. Looking forward to the cooler weather.

Some rain please too......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Min wrote: »
    It is too hot here. Looking forward to the cooler weather.

Some rain please too......

:eek:

Advertisement