Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor Phone

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Im on the look out for a new phone at the minute, have been for the last few months. Trouble is Im with Meteor prepay and the selection is rubbish, every month I get told the selection will get updated but there doesnt seem to be any change...

I like the network and i want to stay with them but my current phone is wrecking my head and I need to get a new one.

Anyway been looking at the LG Etna and the Samsung Ping too (kinda want a touchscreen with qwerty), one of the meteor sales rep told me the LG was rubbish but does anyone know anything bout the Samsung - i had a samsung before a few years ago and it wasnt the greatest....

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Jam10 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im on the look out for a new phone at the minute, have been for the last few months. Trouble is Im with Meteor prepay and the selection is rubbish, every month I get told the selection will get updated but there doesnt seem to be any change...

I like the network and i want to stay with them but my current phone is wrecking my head and I need to get a new one.

Anyway been looking at the LG Etna and the Samsung Ping too (kinda want a touchscreen with qwerty), one of the meteor sales rep told me the LG was rubbish but does anyone know anything bout the Samsung - i had a samsung before a few years ago and it wasnt the greatest....

Thanks in advance :)

Im in the same situation with meteor too, dont get a lg anyway they are rubbish!!!
    Two phones i want are i phone and samsung galaxy2 and meteor dont seem to be getting any of them :(
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jam10

Its bullsh*t isnt it - ive been looking for new phone since January...:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Why nit just buy a sim free phone, nobody is forcing you to buy a phone off meteor themselves, or even still buy a locked phone off adverts and get it unlocked for about €30, doing it this way will probably get a you a much better phone for similar money or a much better phone for not much more money

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Why nit just buy a sim free phone, nobody is forcing you to buy a phone off meteor themselves, or even still buy a locked phone off adverts and get it unlocked for about €30, doing it this way will probably get a you a much better phone for similar money or a much better phone for not much more money

Sim free phones cost a fortune :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Honestly, what is with the networks recently? In the last year, they really haven't had that great a range of handsets. Besides handsets being popular, like the Hero, Jet, iPhone etc, all the handsets have had standard features, nothing special. It's almost as of all the great ideas are talked about, previewed but the manufacturers are taking their sweet time to release them. While I'm aware things aren't financially what they used to be, it's not as if there's not money to be made in the market.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Sim free phones cost a fortune :eek:
    No they dont. I picked up a mint condition LG Renoir icl p+p for €95 on ebay and it was sim free. Check the specs on that! :)

I advise doing that, or try adverts. Sim free or unlocked is what your after, but try and get warrenty with it or test it out if you can if buying off adverts.

No they dont. I picked up a mint condition LG Renoir icl p+p for €95 on ebay and it was sim free. Check the specs on that! :)

I advise doing that, or try adverts. Sim free or unlocked is what your after, but try and get warrenty with it or test it out if you can if buying off adverts.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

LG Renoir

rubbish phone!

Im really thining about getting me and the moth to switch over to best of both on three!!! Good phones im thining about the Htc desire!!!

Advertisement