Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB report

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Whats excatly is visible in ICB report?
    Missed payments from bank loans, credit cards etc..
    Howabout utility bills, like mobile phone bills, upc bills that are unpaid?
    If i have for example mobilephone bill, and operator has a court judgement for the payment, will that be visible on ICB report?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

finnteme wrote: »
    Whats excatly is visible in ICB report?
    Missed payments from bank loans, credit cards etc..
    Howabout utility bills, like mobile phone bills, upc bills that are unpaid?
    If i have for example mobilephone bill, and operator has a court judgement for the payment, will that be visible on ICB report?

all members of credit union shown in link below.

http://www.icb.ie/membership.php

if they had a judgment against you i wouldnt be really bothered about the credit listing more so that they may seek an installment order if you dont pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MortgageBroker

it is a list of any financial obligations you have with any of the companies that report to the ICB, ICB is a private company owned by the institutions that operate it - although I think it was up for sale so maybe it got bought out.

You'll generally have a list of details showing if a loan is being repaid on time, how much it is for and if any payments were missed it shows up.

MBNA are on the ICB for monthly balances - a lot of people don't realise that credit card debt shows up, and many credit unions do too.

If you have judgements that is on there as are any negotiated/settled debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hi Guys,

I missed two payments on my credit union car loan in the last few months and I also had a few direct debits payments that were returned unpaid. To add to that I also applied for a new credit card with two different companies and I was turned down. Do all the above affect my credit rating?

Lastly is it possible to purchase a copy of the SAME credit report that a bank would have access to?

Thanks

Jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Jockey#1, many factors will affect your credit rating, really a build up of several missed payments, etc. If your just having one bad month and catch up its unlikely to affect your credit rating.
    All credit union report to the Irish credit Bureau now, ao if your missing payments and your also missing direct debit payments you will find that your credit rating will begin to slip, the icb report will also show missed payments on previous loans, even ones you have closed.

You can request your Irish credit bureau report from this link: its cost é6 and will included info on how to understand it. Its also a good website re credit ratings.
    http://www.icb.ie/cr_options.php

But again while banks will check this, if your applying for a loan/credit card within that institution: they will already be able to tell a lot about you from your banking history, So although the ICB report wont show the missed direct debit payments (for utility bills, etc), your own bank wont be too impressed with them.
    Unsure where you have applied for the credit cards, but i would assume that the icb report was most definatly checked, and the declines would indicate a problem if you meet the obvious other requirements (disposable income, etc).

On a different note, youy know your probably getting charged for the missed direct debits? So you miss a dd for 30eurso and getting charged 12.70 for missing that payment. Talk to your bank and they will be able to advise you if your in difficulty. Maybe ask the companies to take the payments on a date you know you will have funds (payday) or cancel the direct debits and pay the bills manually until you get back on your feet. the 12.70 dosent sound a lot, but they will soon add up.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Thanks for your detailed reply.

The loan repayments I have missed were only three months. The problem was that I reduced the loan repayments from €280p.m to €100p.m as I lost my job. Phoned the CU to discuss this and they said that I would have to meet with them. Problem was that the CU in question is 60 miles away from me!

The referral fees are very excessive so I will have to address them asap, in some instances the referral fee and charges are more than the actual direct debit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement