Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating bedding to rescues

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

At the mo I have a big box & 2 bin bags of towels, dog beds, sheets, blankets, etc that I thought might be of use to a rescue? The stuff has all been used but is clean - washed & dried and packed away and (mostly) without holes. Had a look at a few dog rescue sites with a view to contacting them but they specify new/as new stuff only & only proper dogs beds - no towels, sheets, etc. Can understand they may be worried about cross-infection etc but thought in current economic climate there might be somewhere that could make use of this? Am only getting rid because I have changed type of beds I use for my dogs & have amassed more towels, bed cushions, etc than I can ever possibly use!

I know there are some rescue people on the board so maybe you could let me know if there is somewhere that would be able to make use of this stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

LisaO wrote: »
    At the mo I have a big box & 2 bin bags of towels, dog beds, sheets, blankets, etc that I thought might be of use to a rescue? The stuff has all been used but is clean - washed & dried and packed away and (mostly) without holes. Had a look at a few dog rescue sites with a view to contacting them but they specify new/as new stuff only & only proper dogs beds - no towels, sheets, etc. Can understand they may be worried about cross-infection etc but thought in current economic climate there might be somewhere that could make use of this? Am only getting rid because I have changed type of beds I use for my dogs & have amassed more towels, bed cushions, etc than I can ever possibly use!

I know there are some rescue people on the board so maybe you could let me know if there is somewhere that would be able to make use of this stuff.

we get "dog blankets" from Vincent de paul shops; they are simply as yours, not new, but they sell the best stuff in the shop and the rest is bagged as dog blankets. eg good quilted sleeping bags with a broken zip; blankets with maybe one small hole.

I am sure they find good places for them; as we have rescue dogs they give them to us.

Often they are good for us to use even, and that is a great saving on a small pension in these times. I have relied on a really good wool blanket all winter from that source. Just one small split in the edging was all that was wrong with it.

And families in these times can benefit greatly of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I would love the bedding, LisaO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

EGAR wrote: »

Lisa if you decide to give these to EGAR and you are based around Dublin, I can collect off you on Monday next if that suits and deliver to Sarah in EGAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

I would love you to have it, Sarah - glad to see it going to a good cause.

Lisa if you decide to give these to EGAR and you are based around Dublin, I can collect off you on Monday next if that suits and deliver to Sarah in EGAR.

Tilly Girl - Thanks for the offer of transport. I am Carlow/Kilkenny area but depending on where you will be on Monday (& when) maybe I could meet up with you? I also have 3 of the plastic Perla dog beds, inc. a giant one - 57 x 87 cm - which Sarah can have as well if she wants them - & if you have the means of transporting them :)

Send me a pm & hopefully we can sort something out.

Thank you so much, LisaO, that is brilliant and MUCH appreciated!!

Donna, thank you!!!

If the dog bed does not fit in your car, Donna, perhaps Lisa could hold it until 2nd of July if possible as I will be up at the RDS for the Petexpo and I will have my van with me (Seat Inca).

THANK OU!! Am delighted now :)!

• Advertisement

Donna, thank you!!!

If the dog bed does not fit in your car, Donna, perhaps Lisa could hold it until 2nd of July if possible as I will be up at the RDS for the Petexpo and I will have my van with me (Seat Inca).

Dont thank me yet Sarah! Not sure if it will work out as Lisa has to be in Kilkenny at 3 and we need to be home by 6 to Galway. I will txt you and let you know if I can sort it.

Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cooper07

Hey Egar,

We have a big plastic bed we are looking to give away, now it is a little chewed but does it's job if you want that and a number of dog leads. Would love them to go to a good home!

Let me know if you're interested, based in Dublin and could hold til 2nd July.

Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Thank you so much, LisaO, that is brilliant and MUCH appreciated!!

Donna, thank you!!!

Hi. the stuff may not make it to you on Monday - have sent you pm BUT I will get it to you asap.

Oh yes, please, Cooper :):). Thank you!!!!

Sorry I couldnt help Sarah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cooper07

That's great EGAR! I'll PM you closer to the time to organise the drop off!

Advertisement