Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Names not showing up when I receive a text

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a Nokia E51 and since the weekend everytime I receive a text message from somebody in my saved numbers - it comes up like a text received from someone who I don't have saved in my address book. It is very frustrating as everytime I get one now I have to reply "Who is this?"..even when it is my brother as I don't recognise any numbers!

Anyone ever come across this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Have you got names in twice by any chance?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Your phone is using either the sim/phone memory for numbers when the numbers are stored on the other memory.

Go check settings, look for memory in use, set to both and problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its a common problem on Nokia's. How hard would it be to find two numbers and display the one with a name. Lots of stupid things like that on Nokia's. Very poor programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

OP I thought you were a whizz with mobile phones? ;)

Advertisement