Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for table quiz Galway city

Options
  • 12-05-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I know the season is kinda over for table quizes but if anyone knows any still happening..esp a movie 1!! ..do let me know........:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

[typical smarmy smart AH reply about thread being in wrong forum]

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Labs

There is a table quiz in the ruby room of buscars this friday 14th at 730 in aid of down syndrome, gen knowledge me thinks. €40 for a table of four

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Thank you all..i always end up puttin the thread in the wrong place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

There's a table quiz May 20th in the Galay Arms in Dominick street in aid if The Galway Theatre Festival, €20 per table (pretty cheap:rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

You should PM NMoore here on boards she organises table quizs every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Have they all been ruined by smartphones? I used to love them, but can imagine cheating is rife now.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

EI111 wrote: »
    Have they all been ruined by smartphones? I used to love them, but can imagine cheating is rife now.

Yea you are probably right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

It is easy to cheat with them, I'm thinking of one I went to recently which has some very obscure questions but the winners had almost 100% score. Maybe they were collectively just very clever but my suspicious mind just couldn't help but wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

I organise quizzes all the time - you just missed one in the Huntsman on Monday! The 'season' for them is coming to an end, they're usually on Sept- May-ish, no one wants to be stuck indoors on a brilliantly sunny evening in the summer...Although a friend is organising one in Sheridans on the docks sometime in June... in the winter, the huntsman has them regulalry on Mondays (and sometimes thursdays) and Lohans in Salthill have them on regularly too.

I hate smart phones & mobile internet in quizzes. It's impossible to stop. You can ask everyone not to use the phones, and if you see someone using the phone, you can try to publically embarrass them about it, but that's it. Imagine asking them to hand the phones over, or turn them off completely? There would be an outcry! No one would, they'd all claim they need them on in case of an emergency etc (what did ppl do before mobile technology, I wonder!!?). You can't even take points off ppl if you see them on the phone, coz it might have been legit. all you can do is appeal to people and let them know the whole quiz is a bit of lighthearted fun and diversion, meant to be a test of general knowledge and memory, not quick-typing/texting skills!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah phones have ruined quizzes! If it's not someone txting their friend to check online it's a "smart phone". I know they shouldn't be taken seriously, just a bit of craic, but when you pay in it'd be nice to have a chance of winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Kellys might have one coming up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

EI111 wrote: »

Yes and no! I've attended and organised a few over the last few months and 3 of the 4 of them were in back rooms of hotels with no cell reception so that solved that problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Staceyann

Hi all,

There is a table quiz on Sunday 23rd May @ 8pm in the River Inn,
    Table €40 for 4, top prize is €200. Free finger food, general knowledge quiz. Fund raising in aid of Tanzania Ireland Alternative Medicine project.

There is loads of other great prizes to be won.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Got invited to a quiz in the Skeff this Sunday 16th at 8pm. It's a fundraiser for some local Aussie Rules team called the midwest magpies. It says entry is 5Euro but doesn't give any more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tallman

Labs wrote: »
    There is a table quiz in the ruby room of buscars this friday 14th at 730 in aid of down syndrome, gen knowledge me thinks. €40 for a table of four

I just rang Buskers. There's no quiz on there tonight. Has there been a change of plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

There is going to be a table quiz in Lohans Salthill Tuesday 15th June in aid of MADRA dog rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

It will be a GREAT pubquiz! Lohans is always fun for atmosphere etc, and it's the famous Galway Quizmaster Seán B asking the questions! :D
    Wish I could be there, but I can't...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

TillyGirl wrote: »
    There is going to be a table quiz in Lohans Salthill Tuesday 15th June in aid of MADRA dog rescue.

Hi Tilly - Sounds like a great cause. I'll see if I can get a team together. If anyone fancies having a go / bit of fun, pm me.
    Cheers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi. there will be a quiz in Lohans in salthill on Tuesday 15th June at 8pm in aid of Madra dog rescue 10euro per person. table of 4 people. bring friends or join a table on the night.

thanks

• Advertisement

Just got this on the net.

I am having a pub quiz in LOHANs of Salthill Galway on 15th June. starting at 8pm in aid of MADRA www.madra.ie
    Bring friends or join a table on the night - it is 40 euro for a table of 4 and is guaranteed to be a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Might just go to all three of those quizes in Lohans for Madra... :p

Indeed!;)

Galway Hospice Table Quiz Aug 26th

A pub quiz in aid of Galway Hospice will take place on Thursday 26 August at 8pm in Monroe's Tavern. All proceeds will go to the Galway Hospice Home Care and Day Care Services, which are provided free of charge by Galway Hospice to patients and families throughout Galway City and County.

Advertisement