Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croagh Patrick car charges coming soon.

Options
  • 12-05-2010 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

I'm not from Mayo but just saw in the paper that car charges are been introduced before the end of the month. Its sad the way theres a price put on everything these days. I know it wont be a huge cost but it still wont go down well with people i'd say. What do the locals think?

The council said the charges are "nominal for the times we live in” and “hardly penitential”. Still i think its greedy but the council know they will get away with it because tourists will have no other option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

baldbear wrote: »
    I'm not from Mayo but just saw in the paper that car charges are been introduced before the end of the month. Its sad the way theres a price put on everything these days. I know it wont be a huge cost but it still wont go down well with people i'd say. What do the locals think?

The council said the charges are "nominal for the times we live in” and “hardly penitential”. Still i think its greedy but the council know they will get away with it because tourists will have no other option.

Ah Mayo County Council strike again ... they'll nickel and dime us till we've nothing left. On the one hand govt. etc etc want tourism, want people to get out and be active and then they turn around and make people pay for the privelege - 50p here and 50p there all bloody well adds up!

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

StudentDad wrote: »
    Ah Mayo County Council strike again ... they'll nickel and dime us till we've nothing left. On the one hand govt. etc etc want tourism, want people to get out and be active and then they turn around and make people pay for the privelege - 50p here and 50p there all bloody well adds up!

SD

We're still in the Euro.... 0.50cents or 39p! :D

Advertisement