Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63 Wi-Fi problems

Options
  • 12-05-2010 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi everyone,
    I have an e63 Nokia very impressed with the unit so far; however I can’t get YouTube to work!

I’m hooked up to my Wi-Fi no problems, I can even look at Vodafone live, but YouTube is not working! It works fine in my friend’s house and we both have Vodafone at home

I checked Google for info as well as searched this site to no avail.

What happens is, I click on any video on YouTube, then click the "watch video link" , real opens up with "connecting" then "loading" with no movement of the progress bar until it eventually says "unable to connect to server, server time out" please help me!

I’m sure it’s something simple enough; just I am unable to figure it out!
    Thanks.

PS YOUTUBE WILL WORK WHEN USEING VODAFONE LIVE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

quiff001 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I have an e63 Nokia very impressed with the unit so far; however I can’t get YouTube to work!

I’m hooked up to my Wi-Fi no problems, I can even look at Vodafone live, but YouTube is not working! It works fine in my friend’s house and we both have Vodafone at home

I checked Google for info as well as searched this site to no avail.

What happens is, I click on any video on YouTube, then click the "watch video link" , real opens up with "connecting" then "loading" with no movement of the progress bar until it eventually says "unable to connect to server, server time out" please help me!

I’m sure it’s something simple enough; just I am unable to figure it out!
    Thanks.

PS YOUTUBE WILL WORK WHEN USEING VODAFONE LIVE

an off the cuff guess... is uPNP enabled on the router? if not then the ports used by the youtube app may be blocked. the fact that live works but wifi doesn't points to a router problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You need to change the connections in the player. They are set to default or live, thats why it will play using the live apn. I can remember exactly the menu sequence, but when you press play, i think its under the options then. If you cant find it, let me know i will get a e63 to have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 quiff001

Thank guys for getting back to me. Davy what you said works. I can use youtube now.
    Theres just one more thing I hope you can help me with iv set up nokia mail to down load my Gmail it will down loan the mail to my phone when using Vodafone live but not when using Wi-Fi. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

There was a problem with nokia mail and using the wlan coonection before, but i thought it was fixed.

It you go into settings, and the connections, is your wlan connection saved as a access point? Yoi can also set it to priority 1 so it will connect to that when your near it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 quiff001

Hi guys

Got Gmail working on phone thanks for all your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement