Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping Core Modules

Options
  • 12-05-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I do Commerce International and basically what happens in relation to business modules is that some of the ones regular Commerce students do are substituted for language modules. Does anyone reckon it'd be possible for me to switch one of the modules lined up for my course for next year for another that regular Commerce students do but not Commerce International? Also, should I ring the programme office now or wait until September?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I doubt you'd be able to swap core modules tbh.

What's the module you're looking to take and what year are you going into?

Best bet is to ring the programmes office now

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

I doubt you'd be able to swap core modules tbh.

What's the module you're looking to take and what year are you going into?

Best bet is to ring the programmes office now

Going into second year and I'd like to do Intermediate Microeconomics instead of any of Cross-Cultural Relations/Marketing/Managing Employee Relations. I realise that usually swapping core modules would be totally out of the question but seen as how the business modules are all plucked from commerce anyway I reckon I might be able to get away with it.

Gonna email/ring the programme office tomorrow anyway, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

jesus please take my advice. Do not do intermediate microeconomics. Its bloody awful. One of the three lecturers is useless, and the papers are very difficult. Last year the average grade was 24% to put it in context.

Cross cultural is pretty easy, just a lot of waffle though. Definitely do marketing. Youre pretty much guaranteed an A or a B+ and its quite interesting too.

Managing Employee Relations is quite challenging, but nowhere as bad as inter micro. just dont do it!!

If you want to take something economics related to intro to quantative economics as an elective instead. Similar to intermediate micro but nowhere near as impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Agreed with above poster Micro isn't for the light hearted.

Advertisement