Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom upgrade fiasco.

• 12-05-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Just an update on this. My broadband went down again on the first of May for three days and then last week/all week. I have had three engineers out at this stage all saying that the line is testing ok.

When it does go down it doesn't attempt to auth to the PPP and repeats this
    board 0 line 0 channel 0, call 209, C01 Outgoing Call dev=6 ch=0
    board 0 line 0 channel 0, call 208, C01 Outgoing Call dev=6 ch=0
    board 0 line 0 channel 0, call 207, C01 Outgoing Call dev=6 ch=0

This can go on for days. I've had my "profile switched" multiple times. I've had the speed changed to rule out SN.

The cycle on the support lines seems to be this.

You call and they test the line, verify its b0rked and they tell you to switch usernames and passwords. Then they tell you theres no more they can do so they send an engineer out with a "priority" for you case. Then two days later the engineer calls either to your house or to the exchange, he tests your line on the exchange and sees no problem from there even though there is no internet. Then the next day the support team receive this information and tell you that your profile is going to be switched and this will take up to half an hour. Somewhere along the line the internet light goes green again. Albeit briefly.

Repeat this cycle of crap three times and you are probably going to get angry. I was at the engineer stage of this third cycle yesterday when the internet came back on. I assumed the engineers were working on something from the exchange so I didn't bother ringing the support line because they will not have this information till the next day.

Today I get a call from an engineer who tells me he still has the case and can see no problem from there. So I ring support again and query why after three engineers being sent out that they still do not get that the problem is not in the lines or the exchange. He dodges this question with more crap and informs me that the "manager" has told him to update the firmware on the router.

So here I sit, waiting for it to go down again. I have requested multiple callbacks from "managers" and found them to be elusive or maybe just non existent. I did get a call from a Dublin number one evening but he hung up after about two seconds. I'm sure he can log that call now and say it was done.

I'm paying for 24meg and receiving what they call an "intermittent connection". I call it a farce. If you ring the customer complaint line they fob you off because the situation is not resolved. If you ring the billing department they will fob you off because the situation is not resolved. If the connection is working all they will do is deduct the time spent offline from your next bill. I have logged hours with the support line at a local rate which is not inclusive and therefore separate to my talk package. No callbacks, no reassurance and three times the cycle I have mentioned above.

All because I decided to update to "24meg".
    The only "valuable" information I have learned through this experience is the song that plays when you are put on hold. "Your love is my love and my love is your love".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

The only "valuable" information I have learned through this experience is the song that plays when you are put on hold. "Your love is my love and my love is your love".

Priceless lol

amount of times ive been singing along to it and then suddenly the call gets answered and im still singing it :eek:

Advertisement