Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pennywise

• 12-05-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

I found out a few months ago that they were touring over this side of the world and around the UK.... but no tour date in Ireland. It seems to be the case with a lot of bands touring now. They just ignore Ireland.

So.. I'm headin' over to see them play in London at the weekend. Should be good. :)

I found out that Bad Religion are doing the same thing in August, so I guess another trip to London is in order.

Why the hell won't these bands play here!? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Tours cost money and Ireland wouldn't provide an assured payday for most punk bands. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to be about the ticket sales.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Bad Religion always pull a crowd here and pennywise definitely would too.

Bad Religion playing rebellion in blackpool anyway. Will probably give em a gander since I've never seen em live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Bad Religion in the Ambassador was pretty full. I doubt Pennywise would get as big a crowd, but still probably enough for them to come over. Would like to see them, but not enough to travel. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dord wrote: »
    I found out a few months ago that they were touring over this side of the world and around the UK.... but no tour date in Ireland. It seems to be the case with a lot of bands touring now. They just ignore Ireland.

Yeah unfortunately it seems to be going that way, although its only in the last 10 years that most bands seem to have decided coming here was worthwhile.

Personally I was looking forward to going to see Alkaline Trio and The Gaslight Anthem (not punk I know) when they toured their new albums but they are not coming here so a couple of trips to England is on the card. Don't know if you have already booked tickets but gigs outside London tend to work out cheaper.

Meh, most bands have played here at one point or another. It may have just been when they weren't selling out **** hole MCD gigs.

http://thumped.com/bbs/entry.php?47-Green-Day-Dog-Day-The-Attic-Dec-18-1991

tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Any music genre including Punk have far more bands visiting our shores then 20-30 years ago, was barely a trickle back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Well I managed to make it over for the gig. Support was by A Wilhelm Scream and Strike Anywhere. I didn't care much for AWS but Strike Anywhere were ok.

Pennywise rocked the place. The crowd was absolutely mental. :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

see mosr punk acts wouldnt fill the olympia and the academy is fairly small... since the ambo left theres a big void

There's no such thing as too small for a ****in punk band.

Advertisement