Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How to Prevent / Avoid 3RL in Your Xbox 360!

• 12-05-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

To all who have an Xbox 360 Falcon, and are afraid to stay have 3RL here's a practical solution that prevents the overheating of the console!

You will need:-5PC Fans;

Imagem%2803%29.jpg

-An old power source of Pc, with power switch;

Imagem%2810%29.jpg

-4 Bits of rubber, scissors and duct tape.

Imagem%2809%29.jpg

-Insert the 4 rubber under the console feets in order to give her height;
    -Join the fans with tape and glue two to pull air out on the air out of the console, and 3 to draw air into the right side of the console.

Imagem%2806%29.jpg

Imagem%2807%29.jpg

And that's just plug, and voila! I can tell you that after doing this to my console heats much less and I'm with her for hours on without worrying about anything!

Imagem%2804%29.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Practical? Only if you don't move your console around, and enjoy looking at your frankenstein console, but other than that, I can't see any faults with it other than the above issues and possibly the running costs. Still though, perhaps an office fan might be a little more advisable o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

What the hell?? icon_lol.gif

Seriously, if youre going to all that trouble, you may as well just do the x clamp replacement method. Thats what i did when mine rrod'ed, and its been fine ever since. and i dont have an ugly mess of PC fans all over my console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ive got one of these, seems to do the job ok...
    Fan System

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Watercool it... if you don't care about your warranty.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PokerManAA

Slugs wrote: »
    Practical? Only if you don't move your console around, and enjoy looking at your frankenstein console, but other than that, I can't see any faults with it other than the above issues and possibly the running costs. Still though, perhaps an office fan might be a little more advisable o.O

As Long as my Xbox 360 runs nice I don´t even care if she looks like Goodzilla........

• Advertisement
Advertisement