Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Terry suspected broken metatarsal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

he'll need a toe-rag on that, bless him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Archimedes wrote: »
    Brave John Terry has bravely defeated a suspected cowardly broken metatarsal. The Brave defender, who courageously dragged Chelsea to a Premier League title this season, had been bravely rushed to hospital earlier following a training ground injury. Brave Terry, who has the heart of a lion, defied the odds and heroically overcame the injury that claimed David Beckham and Wayne Rooney amongst others in recent years. Pundits will point to brave Terry's bravery, courage, bravery and heart of a lion as the main reasons for his brave overcoming of this bravevicious, probably foreign injury. Brave.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It must have be seriously overblown if he's expecting to train tomorrow, typical Sky Sports I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Petty responses in this thread.

The fact that he's had an off-season doesn't change the fact that he is still England's best defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still praying it is permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Awww poor Terry

another note what is boards.IE obbsession with the anti Irish Daily Mail

Whats the Irish daily Mail got to do with this?:confused: So he posted a link....hardly an obsession with that rag/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lukker- wrote: »

The fact that he's had an off-season doesn't change the fact that he is still England's best defender.

The fact he's had an off season does prove he's not England's Best defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Everybody knows what John Terry is like, as a person he is a fool, but still being happy when any player is injured is a bit sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Yeah, it kinda does. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Johner wrote: »
    Everybody knows what John Terry is like, as a person he is a fool, but still being happy when any player is injured is a bit sad.

No more than he deserves I think. I suspect Wayne Bridge would love if he missed out. Team Bridge! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    A world Cup dream shattered ,like every pro footballer he would have been dreaming of the World Cup since he was a kid and to have it taking away like this, is cruel ,wouldn't wish it on any player.

I know it was so unfair for Bridge, the poor lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I hope he makes the world cup cos I cant wait to see him bawling like a baby yet again when England get knocked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

nelson-muntz.gif

Don't really give a sh*te how petty it is. Justice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I never like to see a player injured be it a player from my own team or another , people in here showing lots of class as per usual, Terry has become such a panto villain !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8678195.stm
    Anyway he is grand and expected to play on Saturday and hopefully we will get to see some more of this on Saturday :D:pac::D
    113723.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I never like to see a player injured be it a player from my own team or another , people in here showing lots of class as per usual, Terry has become such a panto villain !

it's nothing about class. come on. it's not like i want him injured forever. that's not why people are taking a bit of satisfaction in this.

ffs.

if he misses the World Cup, people will feel a sense of justice, because by all accounts he's not a particularly good guy.

i honestly don't see what's wrong with that, and those like yourself are too quick to take it as an opportunity to get up on the high horse.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's nothing about class. come on. it's not like i want him injured forever. that's not why people are taking a bit of satisfaction in this.

ffs.

if he misses the World Cup, people will feel a sense of justice, because by all accounts he's not a particularly good guy.

i honestly don't see what's wrong with that, and those like yourself are too quick to take it as an opportunity to get up on the high horse.

Should Rooney not go because he cheats on Coleen with £45 prostitutes?

Should Rooney not go because he cheats on Coleen with £45 prostitutes?

i'm not going down this road with you (i.e. listing off players), but

1) that was many moons ago now, when he was a teenager.
    2) i, personally, either way, think he's more likeable than John Terry. therefore i enjoy Terry missing out on stuff more than I maybe would Rooney.

i don't 'wish' him to miss anything, i just think it's funny, and it would have a weird karmic feel to it which i kind of like.

seriously, get down off of there.

i have no idea why people are judging people for not liking John Terry, and therefore finding it amusing that he might miss the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

unless england make it to the final of the WC and JT nods home a winner, he will be pretty much forever seen as the pantomine villian in engerland.(and here too by the read of things)
    if that scearnio above ever did happen, he would become an instant god in engerland, until then, the man cant fart without it getting a review somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

2) i, personally, either way, think he's more likeable than John Terry. therefore i enjoy Terry missing out on stuff more than I maybe would Rooney.

i don't 'wish' him to miss anything, i just think it's funny, and it would have a weird karmic feel to it which i kind of like.

i have no idea why people are judging people for not liking John Terry, and therefore finding it amusing that he might miss the World Cup.

Nobody is judging you for not liking John Terry, sure nobody likes Terry in fairness. :P

I just think it's a little sad people getting happy over a player getting injured is all even if it is John Terry.

It's (in)directly his fault another player is missing the WC. What goes around comes around. Anyway he is fine so I guess we'll be watching him cry later this summer

• Advertisement

Kirnsy wrote: »
    It's (in)directly his fault another player is missing the WC. What goes around comes around. Anyway he is fine so I guess we'll be watching him cry later this summer

Not his fault Bridge is an average defender. Baines would be ahead of him any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The following is a sample of why the SF has such a bad reputation.

Its just so sad to see this. Makes me embarrassed to be Irish and a lot moreso than the FAI making a comment about wanting to be in the World Cup or Thierry Henry facebooks etc.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    link?

Couldnt be happier for terry if true!
    I actually want England to win now. Just to piss Terry off.
    skelliser wrote: »
    This has made my day!

Couldnt happen to a nicer individual.
    syngindub wrote: »
    nice one..made my day.
    he deserves it. end of.
    i'm sorry, but sometimes people kind of deserve a bit of bad luck.

i don't wish his career to be ended, or anything of the sort, but missing out on the World Cup is pretty funny.

why should i want him to do well at the World Cup? he seems to personify most of what i can't really stand in a person. and i'm not going to feel guilty for it.
    CSF wrote: »
    Still praying it is permanent.
    punk_one82 wrote: »
    No more than he deserves I think. I suspect Wayne Bridge would love if he missed out. Team Bridge! :)
    flahavaj wrote: »

Don't really give a sh*te how petty it is. Justice.

ffs.

eagle eye wrote: »

Its just so sad to see this. Makes me embarrassed to be Irish and a lot moreso than the FAI making a comment about wanting to be in the World Cup or Thierry Henry facebooks etc.

Bit over the top? I mean its a few comments on an internet forum. I don't agree with hoping its permanent but I personally dislike the man intensely. His general demeanor and constant off field activities combined is the reason for that. It has nothing to do with him being English or who he plays for. If he had broken a bone and couldn't go I wouldn't have felt in the slightest bit sorry for him but wouldn't wish it upon him on the other hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Could you be more of a drama queen really? FFS get over yourself, he's a player who has a bad reputation, most of it brought on by himself. Of course people are going to be unsympathetic towards his plight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Oh the drama.

high_horse.jpg

Archimedes wrote: »
    Could you be more of a drama queen really? FFS get over yourself, he's a player who has a bad reputation, most of it brought on by himself. Of course people are going to be unsympathetic towards his plight.
    There is a huge difference between being unsympathetic towards somebody and being outright delighted when something bad happens to them.

There is a huge difference between being unsympathetic towards somebody and being outright delighted when something bad happens to them.

true.

but you quoted posts of people who were quite obviously just unsympathetic towards him.

true.

but you quoted posts of people who were quite obviously just unsympathetic towards him.
    No, I quoted posts of people who were clearly taking pleasure from an injury to John Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

No, I quoted posts of people who were clearly taking pleasure from an injury to John Terry.

Guilty as charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Has boards become a club full of Sun readers and sensationalist tabloid reporters?

God sake he went over in training, the tabloids blast it out of all proportion and here we go boards has a thread up on his broken metatarsal.

This place is getting truly embarrassing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement