Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports Summer Deal

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

From the UK Site
    Take all the TV Packs

Go for the ultimate TV package with Sky World for just £48.50 - that's all six Entertainment Packs, plus Sky Movies and Sports Packs.

From Irish site

No Premium
    Packs Movies
    Pack Sports
    Pack Sports +
    Movies Packs
    1 Pack
    €22 €50 €54 €63 2 Packs
    €24 €52 €56 €65 3 Packs
    €26 €54 €58 €67
    4 Packs
    €28 €56 €60 €69 5 Packs
    €30 €58 €62 €71 6 Packs
    €32 €60 €64 €73
    So we are charged 73 euros when uk price is 48.50

Those are two different currencies and the UK have a lower VAT rate to us (17.5% v 21%). Difference comes out at about €10. Still bad but not as bad as it looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Those are two different currencies and the UK have a lower VAT rate to us (17.5% v 21%). Difference comes out at about €10. Still bad but not as bad as it looks.

Irish Sky subs pay UK vat rates,all the Vat is going to her Majesty the Queen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Irish Sky subs pay UK vat rates,all the Vat is going to her Majesty the Queen.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that. I think Sky also have extra costs in running certain channels here though that they don't have in the UK. I know they have to pay a premium to the BBC to get their channels on the Irish EPG, Brits don't have that charge since its FTA over there.

That would contribute towards the higher price as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

FWIW: Got a mail shot this morning from Sky. They're offering 1/2 price Sky Sports and Sky Movies packages for the next 2 months for existing customers.

I already have the full Sky Sports package so I when I upgraded I got both Sports and Movies for 2 months and an overall reduced bill. Cant complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

I just rang up there now to cancel ESPN hoping I'd get it free for the summer months and they said no problem it'll be cancelled in 31 days.:mad:

No free ESPN for me.

Rang Setanta and have managed to get it for €5 a month over the summer so at least that's something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

alfman wrote: »
    I just rang up there now to cancel ESPN hoping I'd get it free for the summer months and they said no problem it'll be cancelled in 31 days.:mad:

No free ESPN for me.

Rang Setanta and have managed to get it for €5 a month over the summer so at least that's something.

That's a shame...try ringing again maybe.
    seems to make a big difference as to who you get talking to.
    Its worth a try

can't believe you were ever paying over 5 a month for setanta.
    Is there anything on it that could even justify paying a fiver
    a month as it is?

its a far cry from the days when your sub to setanta included
    the ufc and racing uk along with soccer...now that was value

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

mailburner wrote: »
    Its worth a try

a month as it is?

They show a lot of Mountain Biking and some games from the League of Ireland. It was also good for the Priemier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

mailburner wrote: »
    Its worth a try

a month as it is?

its a far cry from the days when your sub to setanta included
    the ufc and racing uk along with soccer...now that was value

Fiver a month for Setanta Cup, LoI, Magners and Premiership along with WRC is a bargain I guess. Don't think I would stretch to the full sub but when discounted it is a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I was offered four months ESPN for free. Not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

Kop Idol wrote: »
    FWIW: Got a mail shot this morning from Sky. They're offering 1/2 price Sky Sports and Sky Movies packages for the next 2 months for existing customers.

I already have the full Sky Sports package so I when I upgraded I got both Sports and Movies for 2 months and an overall reduced bill. Cant complain.

Was this an email flyer or did they post it to you? Wouldn't mind getting the same deal as an existing customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

Was a flyer in the 'snail' mail addressed to me from Sky so assume they sent them to all customers.

Call 0818 716 086 and select the option for upgrades. Then just tell them you want the deal to upgrade to movies and sports half price for 2 months. If you have sports or movies already, then you should get the other for almost free (Sports pack is slightly more expensive than Movies).

Advertisement