Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatemail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

My last one I got and only one I have in my inbox....
    Stick / Pad Cheat!!!!

ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As I was saying to one of the lads today, I think hatemail is generally only on 360 as these people know that every game could be their last as their console could RROD at any minute so when you beat them it sends them into a hate filled rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

You know , the whole point of a thread like this is not only to name the fucker but post a youtube vid of a voice message he sent or hell a video of the actual match if possible.

But now I'm told I'd have to blur the name out or something?

Wasn't a problem for that greek guy...

Jaysus as much as I love boards , its limitations have been starting to show a lot lately.

Tis a damn shame tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You forgot "hint, hint".
    Though I suppose I do like how boards is quite civilized.

Shut up kiki yea fuckin

hahaha nah I wasnt hinting that we need our own forum, I don't think we're at that stage yet and that could cause issues etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

which I didn't understand, because
    A. Cammy isn't charge.
    2. Even if she was, I wasn't turtling with her
    D. He was turtling.

20 odd years later, Home Alone gold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I get the odd hatemail, but the best abuse I received in SF4 was last year...cutty snippy paste...last year sometime

Funny story from a few nights ago when chatting to random players in Player Mode. Was practicing with my TE fight stick at the time. I pick Ryu, he picks Balrog

Me: Hey
    Random American Player (RAP): **** you, you ****!
    Me: Sorry?
    RAP: **** you, you british ***hole! **** you!
    Me: Dude, it's only a game of Street Fighter, relax.
    RAP: You **** British ****
    Me: Where am I from?
    RAP: ****ing Britland ****. I'm going to rape your ass until it bleeds.
    Me: Can you show me Britland on a map. Oh I forgot, 1/5 Americans cannot identify anything on a map.
    RAP: If you are not from USA your a f*****

He wins round 1
    RAP: Ha, you are so bad at this game man, you were raped and owned by USA!

I win Round 2
    Me: Well America, what happened there???
    RAP: You lucky piece of ****

I hammer him round 3
    Me: USA! USA! USA! Another defeat for the USA! Well done!
    RAP: **** **** 8******!1111!!8******1 !8***!888
    Me: lol
    RAP: Play me again, i'll play you for 50 bucks, you have paypal, I'm gonna make you broke.
    Me: No thanks man, I'm content just beating you.

Over the couse of the next 8 games, I hammer him with Ryu, Guile, Dan and a few random picks, and over the course of the 8 games, he gets quieter and quieter until he trys to be nice.

To top it all off, he tries to add me as a friend at the end. One day later, I send him a voice message playing the music from...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

XBox 360: 300 euro
    Street Fighter 4: 50 euro
    TE Stick: 200 euro
    Literally beating respect into a muppet: Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

FutureGuy wrote: »
    20 odd years later, Home Alone gold.

Can't tell you how happy I am that someone got the reference!! YES!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

to be honest, if i could type with a keyboard I'd send far more hatemail, mainly to people who boot me from their lobby.
    If it's one thing I can't stand is that.

I came up against a really cheesy cheap guile today who had "you are beneath me" as his title. I managed to win over 3 rounds and sent him "you are beneath me - lol" as he was so cheap.
    He spam replied every minute calling me a loser, fag, etc, and inviting me to endless battle.
    I refused and just told him I won, gg.

jayteecork wrote: »
    to be honest, if i could type with a keyboard I'd send far more hatemail, mainly to people who boot me from their lobby.

I came up against a really cheesy cheap guile today who had "you are beneath me" as his title. I managed to win over 3 rounds and sent him "you are beneath me - lol" as he was so cheap.
    He spam replied every minute calling me a loser, fag, etc, and inviting me to endless battle.

Exactly what way was he being "cheap"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I mean absolutely no offense here, but you sound like the kind of people we're complaining about here. You were first to insult!

You're both having a go at me?
    If someone has "you are beneath me" as their title and they lose playing cheap then they're fair game imo. That's only the 2nd time I've ever "instigated" mail, the other was telling a guy not to play with a connection so bad.

As for what is "cheap" - Jesus, FO. Like you don't know what i mean. He won round 1 with a "C" then i figured him out. If Capcom programmed a "C" into the game then maybe some people do fight cheesey. eg spam jumps/low punch crouch/ low punch throws. That's all he did.

You're both having a go at me?
    If someone has "you are beneath me" as their title and they lose playing cheap then they're fair game imo.

As for what is "cheap" - Jesus, FO. Like you don't know what i mean. He won round 1 with a "C" then i figured him out. If Capcom programmed a "C" into the game then maybe some people do fight cheesey. eg spam jumps/low punch crouch/ low punch throws. That's all he did.

All of which can be countered and "C" is a chip damage win.

All of which can be countered and "C" is a chip damage win.

You dont' say?
    I was still thinking of the Alpha games when a C meant you won being cheesey. An this guy would have gotten an Aplha C, no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

In fairness it does say cheap wins in the stats page.

I'm going to try call it Engrish to save face :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I know everyone is going to come across as condescending/aggressive here, but there really is nothing 'cheap' about any of those moves.
    When I first came into this community I was pretty quick to call stuff like hadouken spamming and frequent throws cheap, but they are perfectly valid tactics (I now throw like a mother ****er).
    Look at Daigo Umehara for instance. He's regarded as one of the best SF players in the world, and he's also famous for sitting in a corner spamming hadoukens.

If someone abuses a tactic, all you need to do is a figure a way to beat it.

Cheap wins are often called Chip wins too, so try not to think of them as literally cheap.

If you're not abusing Rose's throw range then you're a fool! Slide into tick throw all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

If you're not abusing Rose's throw range then you're a fool! Slide into tick throw all day.

When I considered throws cheap I didn't even know Rose had a slide. It's been a good year for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The word cheap is totally subjective

Using Fuerte online is a barrel of luls, I have tonnes of hatemail in my GFWL inbox. One guy was like "FCKING JUMP!!!!" or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is the cheap win stat in Super referring to KOs by chip damage then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Is the cheap win stat in Super referring to KOs by chip damage then?

Yes, C is cheap and is gotten by KO by chip. In A3 it even showed up as CHEAP!!! on screen, so yeah, it doesn't stand for chip

Which is odd

Maybe it does in SFIV, but I don't see why they would change it

Or would they....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, want to play me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah I have a fair few cheap wins as well, was wondering where I got them.

This is probably because to literally add insult to injury, I've been practicing trying to work on timing my fireball before a KO so that knocked-down opponent will have to get up into it, and will die from chip or regular damage regardless.

So as soon as I've thrown the magic fireball, I taunt.

Still no hatemail though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I call them chip wins, but I know the official term is "cheap." I've no issues going for them either, if I knock someone down and their bar's low, I've no problem starting Balrog's Ultra as they're on the ground. That's like a fierce punch's worth of chip.

The Fireball - taunt KO is kind-of the Holy Grail for me. I haven't managed it yet.

Maybe if I tried playing as someone other than Balrog....

I will do the same thing. Over and over and over.

It's the opponents job to make me stop. Stop me and I will try to adapt.

Is it cheap? By the Sirlin definition of what a scrub considers cheap, yes. Does it matter?

Not a jot.

EDIT: slow chip sonic boom sunglasses ftw.

I used only be able to get ultra combo wins by using Sagat's new tiger cannon ultra and chipping opponent down when they have to block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Make it my business to chip people to death with blankas ultra 2 from full screen. Its even lost me matches. Its funny watching people trying to get out of it though and im sure theu are calling me a cheap bastard when i do it.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Make it my business to chip people to death with blankas ultra 2 from full screen. Its even lost me matches. Its funny watching people trying to get out of it though and im sure theu are calling me a cheap bastard when i do it.

LOL I still don't know what the timing is to jump over it :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember I was used to calling the C 'cheap' due to alpha 3 but not actually meaning it was actually cheap its obviously totally valid. When I 1st showed up to casuals I remember saying to someone who was fighting someone and got ko's who asked "what I was blocking" and I butted in, explaining yeah but it was a cheap win.

Totally meaning 'it was a chip win' and people turned around wondering wtf?

Had to explain that its called cheap in alpha 3, and not that I think it is actually a 'cheap' thing to do to chip someone.

Anyway I've called it chip from now on and I'm gonna stick with it, even if for some retarded reason its called 'cheap' in-game.

@jayteecork

Theres nothing wrong with beating someone with chip damage. I think I'll have to link you Sirlins article , just so you understand where everyone's coming from and to avoid misunderstandings.

Its a good read man, and you'll be glad you read it down the line.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Advertisement