Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatemail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Last night I was playing an American guy with 2 bar connection. I was Fuerte and he was Ryu. I kept doing safe tortilla over and over and over for the last round and he didn't know what to do! When I stunned him I finished him with a 6 loop RSF. It was great, because I then got a message saying "Fool". So I replied "Who won fat bitch?"

Yeah he didn't reply :pac:

I saved the replay and while I was tortillaing him the inputs are going crazy! Poor kid must of been bashing like mental, it was hilarious

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Turbo?

What's that? like preprogramming special moves or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Turbo is when you assign a button to rapid fire just by holding it (in other words the button will repeatedly be inputted over and over just by holding it).

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I got accused yesterday of Turbo use by no 1 ranked Guile on Xbox Live. Apparantly he showed the replay to his mates who where 100% sure I was using turbo. None of them had the bright idea to turn inputs on.

You would expect better from higher ranked players.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

i posted some hate mail to some chav irish guy on ranked who had it set to 2 rounds 60secs. i didnt even notice until it ran out, i won anyway. cant remember his name

• Advertisement

Can you get fancy sticks where you can program in a command to a button and all you have to do then is press the button and you pull off say, a dragon punch?

I remember they had them back in the day on the snes.

PS3 pad is awful really. It's better than 360 but still bad. For repeat fireballs I don't bother as it causes blisters, hence I don't play Sagat anymore.

Plus I find it impossible to pull off down up charge moves with pad for some reason.(eg Guile's flash kick, or Bison's launch-whatever-you-call-it)

Pain in the ass, where's the cheapest ps3 arcade stick available right now?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

roy nelson wrote:
    i posted some hate mail to some chav irish guy on ranked who had it set to 2 rounds 60secs. i didnt even notice until it ran out, i won anyway. cant remember his name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Programable sticks are banned from tournaments.
    And no one would want to play you in general either...

The hori fighting stick 3 or madcats se are probably the cheapest std sticks you ll find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Is this the top guile with like 10k+ points from the UK? He is not that great he capitalises on people's mistakes he can't do anything if you just sit back. Not that great, but a good player. Yes i beat him too with Sakura.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

Do people on xbox send hatemail more often? I've only gotten GGs and stuff on PSN, apart from 1 Ibuki player who called me cheap after I nearly double perfected him (I blocked a kunai at the start the first round) doing nothing but crossup jab jab sweep on him over and over. I replied asking if I would be a fool to not abuse something you don't know how to defend against and got this back

"I didnt see any combos that match just ****ty cross overs and light punches"

Replied with "I didn't see any from you either, in fact you never got off the floor".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I get more on XBL than psn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The only difference i found was that the hatemail was in Spanish on psn.

I get more on XBL than psn.

Probably cause if you have your computer on beside you you can type the message, it's a pain in the hole composing a message on psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

jayteecork wrote: »
    Probably cause if you have your computer on beside you you can type the message, it's a pain in the hole composing a message on psn.

Thats how those little f**kers do it so fast!

Sweet now I can just paste SF2 Guile winquotes back at them time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't you just use a standard USB keyboard on PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

I get love mail for using the Dan's super taunt finish, it makes me happy. Got some replays of it..... might make A MONTAGE!

Can't you just use a standard USB keyboard on PS3?

lol, so you can.

Just plugged in a keyboard. works great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Naturally 360's gonna have more hate mail, XBL is famous for it. Pity to hear about all this Irish V Irish hate going on with the 360 crowd.

PS3 pad is awful really. It's better than 360 but still bad. For repeat fireballs I don't bother as it causes blisters, hence I don't play Sagat anymore.

Ah the auld street fighter thumb eh? You could try rolling your thumb on the directions instead of grinding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sisko wrote: »
    Ah the auld street fighter thumb eh? You could try rolling your thumb on the directions instead of grinding it.
    It's called the jelly bean thumb in my house on account of the jellybean sized blister my housemate got when we made him go through Alpha 3 with Cammy with no prior SF experience.
    Good times.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thats how those little f**kers do it so fast!

Sweet now I can just paste SF2 Guile winquotes back at them time and time again.

Go home and be a family man never gets old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Sisko wrote: »
    Naturally 360's gonna have more hate mail, XBL is famous for it.

Yeah that and the fact that there is only like 12 people on PSN and most of them post here :p

hehe I was waiting for that :D

But it is true an element of that is a numbers thing plus generally a lot of teens and younger would have 360's and the older crowd be on ps3s. I've yet to see or hear of any irish v irish ragemail on PSN. And in all I think I've only had... two ragemail incidentals so far.

Meanwhile I'm getting loads of positive messages regarding sf.ie and my ibuki play.

Ibuki seems rare on psn so people seem overly impressed by target combos and the likes. I remember playing one guy in a horrible laggy, messy and unimpressive match and he sends me 'zomg ibuki you are my idol' messages. :confused:Getting all these friends requests and I feel like and arsehole as I'm trying to save the slots for irish players.

jaysus wasnt like this when I played ryu :p :pac:

You play a female character, so they logically assume you also have boobs. Attention is understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Check out this message I got yesterday :pac:

"great matches the charger you play it perfekt cool and great machtes"

I plugged in my usb keyboard (thanks chopperbyrne) and had a few games.

Lost a VERY tight bout versus Ken. I was very tilted afterward so I decided to put the keyboard to use! typed a great long dissertation on how my opponent is just another Ken and he should try and find his own style etc.
    The reply:
    "Sorry I speaka no Inglish"

lol. Put me in my place anyways.

By the way, it seems when the fights come down to the wire my opponents go into a "mode" and are usually able to finish me off. I start to panic and jump around the place and get picked off pretty easily.

Must learn patience, must learn discipline!

Sairus wrote: »
    You play a female character, so they logically assume you also have boobs. Attention is understandable.

Hahaha shup you! This aint no MMO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I plugged in my usb keyboard (thanks chopperbyrne) and had a few games.

Lost a VERY tight bout versus Ken. I was very tilted afterward so I decided to put the keyboard to use! typed a great long dissertation on how my opponent is just another Ken and he should try and find his own style etc.
    The reply:
    "Sorry I speaka no Inglish"

lol. Put me in my place anyways.

By the way, it seems when the fights come down to the wire my opponents go into a "mode" and are usually able to finish me off. I start to panic and jump around the place and get picked off pretty easily.

Must learn patience, must learn discipline!

So some guy beats you and you sent him hatemail. We're generally discussing receiving this stuff, not sending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Got my first hatemail of SSF yesterday :D Very classy, all the guy said was "Bastard". Classy...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

lol, so you can.

Just plugged in a keyboard. works great!
    For the record you can use a standard USB keyboard with the 360 as well.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    For the record you can use a standard USB keyboard with the 360 as well.

Really?! Man, I'll have to give that a shot later.

Advertisement